Finding 80's Morrissey style button ups

nuev0

Hello all! :)

I joined the forum to post this silly little thread because, well, I'm looking to be the Moz himself for Halloween. I'm hoping someone could help me out!

In the 80's Morrissey would wear a lot of oversized shirts with interesting patterns that, today are impossible to find. Pictured here:

http://imgur.com/a/S6PAR

I feel like the Morrissey of old is the most recognizable Morrissey, and I need help finding some of these shirts. Does anyone have any ideas? What to look for, where to look, etc. Btw, I feel like that Pink button up in the last picture is a holy grail of sorts. No matter how much I look I can't find anything like it, and it's by far the best Moz shirt in my opinion, haha.

Thank you much everyone! :)

Wouldn't be complete without glasses and hearing aid. Oh yeah and some gladiolus in your back pocket.

I suggest any second hand store (Sally Ann, Value Village) - WOMEN section. You should be able to find a lot of blouses with interesting patterns. Those were women's blouses not men's that he used to wear back in the golden 80's.

Ah! I didn't even think to check womens. That explains why I can't find any of those styles in mens. Lol. Plus I suppose thrift stores will have a good selection of vintage clothing for cheap. All good suggestions. Thank you all!

And No1uno, I do have some prescribed 5154's that I was planning on using to complete the look. As for the hearing aid... I'll see if I can borrow my grammas. ;)

Ah! I didn't even think to check womens. That explains why I can't find any of those styles in mens. Lol. Plus I suppose thrift stores will have a good selection of vintage clothing for cheap. All good suggestions. Thank you all!

And No1uno, I do have some prescribed 5154's that I was planning on using to complete the look. As for the hearing aid... I'll see if I can borrow my grammas. ;)

You could do the beads phase as well. Post a pic when it's go time

that's cool that you're dressing up as moz! i wanna dress up as moz! it'd never work out though :( i wish i knew someone who would dress up as moz and i could help them assemble their costume. i dont think anyone i know would be into it though. lame-os :(

that's cool that you're dressing up as moz! i wanna dress up as moz! it'd never work out though :( i wish i knew someone who would dress up as moz and i could help them assemble their costume. i dont think anyone i know would be into it though. lame-os :(

You do but it would be an expensive affair as you are in Canada and I am in Holland.
Not to mention his dress style which I quite like but cannot afford.
Well one can dream. I mean me off course :(
Cheers Rifke :thumb:

aw too bad! i bet it would be fun! :)

Yes, it would be great fun :brows:
If you could pretend I was Moz I could do the same.
For a man such as I it is a very entertaining experience to get dressed with the right clothes, the correct blazers etc. by a lady who has a good and stylish view on what I should wear.
It comes close to an erotic feeling. Is that strange? Or weird? So am I weird? Please Rifke, I am not making any advances. I wouldn't dare and have to much respect for you. :thumb:
Cheers

I'd love to copy the necklaces he'd wear but they all look too pop star extravagant to just find online:coldsweat:
Like in the Charming Man video, he's practically got on like 5 identical bead necklaces all a couple inches in size between each other :paranoid:

I don't know costume jewelry is big right now and I bet you could find something if you looked. You could also make a ramones styled stage sign with a slogan reading the smiths are dead or something such to give the non fans a clue as to who you are and to head off all those pesky reunion questions

You could do the beads phase as well. Post a pic when it's go time

Will do! And yes, I was definitely planning on doing the beads. Just a tad bit hard to find a yards length pearl necklace to wrap around my neck. ;)

(My last comment got deleted somehow so I had to rewrite one lol)

Will do! And yes, I was definitely planning on doing the beads. Just a tad bit hard to find a yards length pearl necklace to wrap around my neck. ;)

(My last comment got deleted somehow so I had to rewrite one lol)

I suppose volume is always an issue but if you look hard enough you could probably find a supplier

Yes, it would be great fun :brows:
If you could pretend I was Moz I could do the same.
For a man such as I it is a very entertaining experience to get dressed with the right clothes, the correct blazers etc. by a lady who has a good and stylish view on what I should wear.
It comes close to an erotic feeling. Is that strange? Or weird? So am I weird? Please Rifke, I am not making any advances. I wouldn't dare and have to much respect for you. :thumb:
Cheers
well, i assure you, it's not going to be like that scene in the last samurai where some woman dressed tom cruise. what's gonna happen is im gonna chuck some blazers i like at you, and you're going to go in another room and try them on with business-like efficiency while i sit there tapping my foot, ready to assess. blazer shopping, you see, is serious business.

well, i assure you, it's not going to be like that scene in the last samurai where some woman dressed tom cruise. what's gonna happen is im gonna chuck some blazers i like at you, and you're going to go in another room and try them on with business-like efficiency while i sit there tapping my foot, ready to assess. blazer shopping, you see, is serious business.

Ah that would be perfect! :)
As you described it is like a nice part of a film scenario.
I see it right before my eyes!
I like your writing style.
It really triggers a visual effect on my fantasy.
Cheers Rifke! :thumb:

Tags
fashion halloween shirt shirts style
Back
Top Bottom