Fiona Dodwell: "How Morrissey outran The Smiths (and why his critics will never admit it)" (February 18, 2021)

1_rVMgi2j7_fn70rcypLXkLg.jpeg

How Morrissey outran The Smiths (and why his critics will never admit it)

Excerpt:

"There’s an emergence of voices rising from the rotting grave of political correctness lately, in a feeble attempt to somehow make Morrissey’s art into nothing more than a shadow of The Smiths. In reality though, to many, he was the beating heart of the much-loved 80s quartet and unlike his bandmates, he became so much more.
There are many voices online using the tired old trope, “I won’t listen to Morrissey because I don’t agree with his views, but I’ll always have The Smiths.” If this sentiment were limited only to the dull echo chambers of anonymous social media users, it might not be so bad. Yet it does not stop there."

Regards,
FWD.

Now linked to by Central:

The first comment is the best comment.
She was unheard of until recently and it’s embarrassing just how desperate she is for attention.
fiona, please go away, you’re embarrassing yourself. You probably don’t even own a Morrissey album, and have probably never seen him on stage !!!

do you really believe that?

And if she never saw him live, what difference does it make? Most people have never seen The Beatles
live, but that hasn’t stopped them
from expressing themselves through writing about their obsession over or love of them.

And I’m not defending FD, it doesn’t matter to me what she does or doesn’t write about.

do you really believe that?

And if she never saw him live, what difference does it make? Most people have never seen The Beatles
live, but that hasn’t stopped them
from expressing themselves through writing about their obsession over or love of them.

And I’m not defending FD, it doesn’t matter to me what she does or doesn’t write about.
Yes. Yes, I do believe that. Probably downloaded from Spotify etc
The woman is a bloody nuisance in all honesty and the rubbish she spouts is indeed, an embarrassment. As for seeing him live: yeah, get your point but, as she has an awful lot to say, it would make sense if she was a concert goer, even if it wasn’t over many years .

Yes. Yes, I do believe that. Probably downloaded from Spotify etc
The woman is a bloody nuisance in all honesty and the rubbish she spouts is indeed, an embarrassment. As for seeing him live: yeah, get your point but, as she has an awful lot to say, it would make sense if she was a concert goer, even if it wasn’t over many years .
You’ve only been to two Janice, haven’t ya....

One in Nuneaton, when 13.
Then at Newport Pagnell when things started to sag... at 28 ...

Yes, I have not forgiven you yet about the slur upon my shoes... Yet😄😄😄

One in Nuneaton, when 13.
Then at Newport Pagnell when things started to sag... at 28 ...

Yes, I have not forgiven you yet about the slur upon my shoes... Yet😄😄😄
Barry, I’m still reeling at the suit, let alone those shoes :lbf:

@Radis Noir

Then we both agree that (as I already said) that you do criticize Morrissey. But, I guess you still can’t answer or explain how the criticisms by you and the few others here will either change Morrissey or benefit the world. I assume that you and the others must have some goal in mind? I mean, it’s hard to imagine that people would come on here with such criticisms continually for no reason because that would be futile and pointless, no?

Let’s not forget you said “Most people learn from their mistakes but Morrissey seems to struggle with that.” So if you believe Morrissey will never learn, how are you going to change that? Do you and the others think that your opinions will do that? I’m simply curious, and really would like to understand.

Why on earth would I have any interest in changing him? It's his life and he can do what the hell he wants with it. If I don't like what he says I will criticise him, it is allowed you know.

Barry, I’m still reeling at the suit, let alone those shoes :lbf:
I’m gonna show you a selection of my shoes, soon...
Baring in mind my Docs are my walking boots, very muddy, mind...
I’m still infuriated that I might be considered to be a tramp....
I take great care of my appearance Janice....
I have spectacular genes ....
And shoes🤣🤣🤣

I’m gonna show you a selection of my shoes, soon...
Baring in mind my Docs are my walking boots, very muddy, mind...
I’m still infuriated that I might be considered to be a tramp....
I take great care of my appearance Janice....
I have spectacular genes ....
And shoes🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• E49703F6-9ABA-45A9-8286-877742C62247.jpeg
    E49703F6-9ABA-45A9-8286-877742C62247.jpeg
    925.2 KB · Views: 0
  • A56860B8-049A-49F6-8965-2FB4AF0D5F43.jpeg
    A56860B8-049A-49F6-8965-2FB4AF0D5F43.jpeg
    975.1 KB · Views: 0
I've been researching discos... for reasons... & omg.

This is so naff, it's glorious. Who is the bloke singing with the girls at the end?

Julia Riley and Fiona Dodwell have absolutely nothing in common. There were actual reasons for some to be jealous of Julia. In Fiona's case, there are none.
Could you please elaborate on what you mean?

Do you know Julia Riley personally?

Not too bad. A lot better than Lonsdale wearing Benny and his feral son.

🧐

no he's a nutter troll expert on peeps he hasnt even met or seen:crazy:
look at skinny and his hallucination about charts that never gave existed:crazy:

I knew her many years ago, we lost contact. All I'm saying is that Julia was someone who meant a great deal to Morrissey and had a personal relationship with him as well as special privileges at shows. Fiona Dodwell is someone who writes sycophantic blog posts that get reposted by Sam Esty Rayner.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom