First actual Morrissey tweet according to rep

Re: Official Morrissey Twitter account reactivated

"@itsmorrissey

Hello. Testing, 1, 2, 3. Planet Earth, are you there? One can only hope..."

If that is really from the hand of Moz, this is an historic day.

Twitter seems a strange place to find Morrissey. Short of a menstrual blood painting class I can't think of a medium less suited to him.

I think Harvest have done a pretty impressive job pushing Morrissey into a brave new world of marketing, even if a $149 album package jars slightly/completely with the apparent revolutionary zeal the album presents.

It's particularly good of them to invest the time and effort knowing full well they will almost certainly get chopped off at the stem by Morrissey if the albums don't go multi-platinum or the title track is not used as the theme for the BBC's Commonwealth Games coverage.

I sense a turning of the tides. I'm delighted to see he's taking to social media and connecting to his fans on a more intimate platform than just through TTY statements. I hope to see more casual posts from him and maybe some pictures as well. I hope he doesn't get scared away by the crazies that are surely coming out of the woodwork to contact him.

I sense a turning of the tides. I'm delighted to see he's taking to social media and connecting to his fans on a more intimate platform than just through TTY statements. I hope to see more casual posts from him and maybe some pictures as well. I hope he doesn't get scared away by the crazies that are surely coming out of the woodwork to contact him.

He'll just ignore them all. It's easy to do on twitter, actually.

He'll just ignore them all. It's easy to do on twitter, actually.

Oh come now, Geezer. You know how sensitive he is to criticism and stuff. His ghosts are loud or some shit. I just hope he doesn't let craziness run him off to quiet solitude again.

Great point. He could save the wordy stuff for truetoyou.

Come to think of it...did anyone see Julia at the LA gigs? I didn't. :squiffy:

if it's real morrissey, he'll not write often. he's busy doing the tour.

p.s. apologies

I could see him getting drunk and reading the responses and getting all worked up. This isn't a good idea.

Oh come now, Geezer. You know how sensitive he is to criticism and stuff. His ghosts are loud or some shit. I just hope he doesn't let craziness run him off to quiet solitude again.

I think he's sensitive more to the people in his circle being criticized because of their association with him, not because he himself can't take the heat of a few select dumbasses. He doesn't want to read that Boz sucks just because a paragraph earlier in a review the writer said he's racist and horrible and clearly had it out for him. I could be wrong. On twitter he's an island.

Exciting. Interesting and timely.

And some dissapointment - as some people do not seem to be able to read -
But The Smiths are dead. Good but dead. Please stop going on about it because you will drive yourself crazy thinking about it for the next 30years....

I just tweeted him a pic of my vagina. Am I moving to fast? I'll let you know if he responds.

Crystal your a star your post sounds just like a Sarah Millican stand up line.
Hope your nose is feeling better as well.

Benny-the-British-Butcher stp

it has blown up

2 tweets and 150k + followers haha doesn't seem right but its something new out of his comfort zone at least...

and now we wait......:popcorn:

this will never last

Crystal your a star your post sounds just like a Sarah Millican stand up line.
Hope your nose is feeling better as well.

Benny-the-British-Butcher stp

Nose is better. Lots of crusty boogers on the left side. Eye still black. Totally worth it, one of the best Moz shows.

Perfect opportunity to share what's happening with him considering we are all interested. Selfies, funny atories of the tour. Him and the band goofing off. You know he does some stuff at each city, wouldn't it just be a fans delight to see a pic of him or one he took at the city he will play later that day. Best of all he can control the content to suit his image.

My Dearest Love aka My Bluest Rose

I just wanted to send a note enclosing the following observations. I am not typing this myself, guess who is doing it for me, and so we can both safely assume he'll make typos and he'll make wrong words on purpose. You do know I do know how to spell libelous, isn't it.

In any event, anyways in any event this is my observation yesterday. The exact same way you turned the “you are a loser” lyric into something beautiful, you also managed to do with World Peace Is None of Your Business. To take words never meant, never intended to sound like angels, only you can do it and you did it yet again so beautifully. The whole song actually is.

You are stars on top of the Christmas tree. You are hot colored pink sprinkles on top of spring time cookies.

This you surely new.

Twin Troll

Those of us up to speed on classic Morrissey speak and how Twitter works will be able to detect whether @itsmorrissey is Morrissey or a Harvest summer intern.

That said, I'm glad to see Harvest employees reading the recent Morrissey-Solow forums. It's seems like a lot of things that have been brought up earlier this week are happening.

Besides this newfangled Twitter launch, has anyone else noticed the official Morrissey Facebook account has been dusted off and active with more than one post a fortnight? Same with all the recent answers to the product questions (digital downloads, physical records, etc.)

Glad to see that Harvest have gotten off their collective asses and shown us a little effort.

How come no one here has seen the signs from Morrissey? He is clearly part of the the Blue Rose Society, and all of you here can be part of this amazing journey. Please visit the other site and join in the fun!

We can make World Peace our business--Morrisseys World!

Sincerely,

Deluded Dozen

It's nice to see all of this news. Morrissey branching out to social media? Album package deals. Major News headlines. Actual album promotion...and a promotional video? Kudos to his new label for helping get his career moving and his mojo running. I hope he sells the ever loving crap out of his new record.

It's nice to see all of this news. Morrissey branching out to social media? Album package deals. Major News headlines. Actual album promotion...and a promotional video? Kudos to his new label for helping get his career moving and his mojo running. I hope he sells the ever loving crap out of his new record.

Nice try, Harvest summer intern.

Tags
morrissey twitter
Back
Top Bottom