First actual Morrissey tweet according to rep

Re: Official Morrissey Twitter account reactivated

"@itsmorrissey

Hello. Testing, 1, 2, 3. Planet Earth, are you there? One can only hope..."

If that is really from the hand of Moz, this is an historic day.

"@itsmorrissey

Hello. Testing, 1, 2, 3. Planet Earth, are you there? One can only hope..."

If that is really from the hand of Moz, this is an historic day.

I highly doubt it is.

But he should really get rid of Julia and try to catch up with the whole self-promotion via social media thing. I don't think he has any idea the wonders it could do for his career and popularity.

I never thought I would see a Morrissey autobiography and it happened.

But Morrissey on Twitter? If this is really him...what da f***? :straightface:

It'd be very cool if it really is him though and as Viva says, it would do wonders for him promotion wise.

Wheter intended or not, that tweet certainly suggests it was written by the man himself...!

Various twitter based news sites reporting on the tweet and he has gained 30000 followers in an hour.

https://twitter.com/itsmorrissey

At time of writing, only following Harvest Records. All followers look to be intact.

Morrissey Is Now Tweeting, Everybody - Pitchfork
Today, history is made

Excerpt:

Although Morrissey's Twitter page indicates that he joined the social network in June of 2009, today, May 14, 2014, is a historic day (for some of us): Morrissey has posted his first Tweet.
And here it is:

A rep has confirmed that this is indeed Morrissey Tweeting. Over on Morrissey's Facebook page, it says "https://twitter.com/itsmorrissey Feel free to reach out."

@itsmorrissey
Hello. Testing, 1, 2, 3. Planet Earth, are you there? One can only hope...
11:47 AM - 14 May 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrissey Is Now Tweeting, Everybody - Pitchfork
Today, history is made

Excerpt:

Although Morrissey's Twitter page indicates that he joined the social network in June of 2009, today, May 14, 2014, is a historic day (for some of us): Morrissey has posted his first Tweet.
And here it is:

A rep has confirmed that this is indeed Morrissey Tweeting. Over on Morrissey's Facebook page, it says "https://twitter.com/itsmorrissey Feel free to reach out."

Last edited:

His rep told Pitchfork it's him. Bored on the tourbus?

What The f***?

Still won't get me on it. Should Moz-solo now have a Morrissey Tweet Forum?

I can't see him writing anything else on here. He's probably done it to please the record label. I'd be surprised if he posts anything else.

Whilst I'd LOVE this to be Moz typing I highly doubt it. It's more than likely one of the select minions at Harvest HQ or one of Moz's assistants. Either way it's quite exciting, it'd be brilliant if Moz were to post a selfie or his tea but it'll be the standard New Single/Album Out Now post.

Quite an unusually personal sounding tweet though, it doesn't sound generic does it?

Either way it's a very exciting.

I just tweeted him a pic of my vagina. Am I moving to fast? I'll let you know if he responds.

I just tweeted him a pic of my vagina. Am I moving to fast? I'll let you know if he responds.

He might think it's a ham and turkey sandwich and block you.

As for Morrissey on Twitter only three characters are required: FFS.

He might think it's a ham and turkey sandwich and block you.

As for Morrissey on Twitter only three characters are required: FFS.

You forgot about Stephen Fry

Twitter was MADE for Morrissey. I'm not joking, he could f***ing OWN twitter. He just has to be careful not to drunktweet, that's when you get in trouble. Slightlybuzzedtweeting is okay, but fallingdowndrunktweeting is always trouble.

Oh my gosh. What's next? A Smiths reunion?? ha
Hopefully it is him, I'd love it

Tags
morrissey twitter

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom