For Britain YT: "We're proud to stand with Morrissey" (April 20, 2021)

This is hell on Hilter's birthday.
Not a date I have written down, but now you mention it...
That may well deserve a "d'oh" in the timing department.
FWD.

If you honestly believe that For Britain thing is the result of Morrissey phoning AMW and saying "please put something out there, I need your support" you are way, way more f***ed in the head than we all thought you were anyway. She's just using his name to try desperately to promote her miniscule, crackpot "party".

I don't believe that Morrissey has phoned AMW to ask her for her support.
But I wonder if a political party can "use" Morrissey's picture in (what seems to me) a membership campaign without his consent?

But I wonder if a political party can "use" Morrissey's picture in (what seems to me) a membership campaign without his consent?
I think he's so reputationally buggered at this point that there's nothing he can do about it - except come out and denounce For Britain, but I don't think he's psychologically capable of any climb-down or even simple clarification like that. Sadly.

You don't think the two things there are related?
You're beyond stupid. Beyond "correlation is not causation." Certainly "the two things are related," but that doesn't mean your fantasy version where Morrissey phones someone you imagine is his "friend" and asks for her support is the truth.
It's much more likely that she sees an opportunity to get some publicity.

It's professional to get clearance - but the chances of Anne Marie doing that are zero.

He could take legal action to stop her using his name & image (the photographer could file a copyright claim).

He doesn't seem to do that kind of thing though. He's still got a pro-Simpsons post on his own website despite hating it.

Not a date I have written down, but now you mention it...
That may well deserve a "d'oh" in the timing department.
FWD.
This was certainly not intended, but once again it has tragic overtones.
But this picture with this pose of him as an "entrance"?! Diabolical!

You don't think the two things there are related?

No.

She would have said she'd spoken to him/his people. That would give her more clout in her corner of politics & more potential media attention. Which is the only thing she's interested in.

Honest to God, everyone would profit from Moz hiring @Nerak as PR consultant or manager or whatever. Instead, we get another disaster and more headaches.

I think he's so reputationally buggered at this point that there's nothing he can do about it - except come out and denounce For Britain, but I don't think he's psychologically capable of any climb-down or even simple clarification like that. Sadly.

I think the full horror of having actually promoted a real far right party after all he's been through would be too much for him.

But also - it was pretty obvious he didn't believe she was far right. It would have been easy for the press to write interesting & socially useful articles about how the far right were manipulating wedge issues & give him a way out that wouldn't involve fight or flight, just a bit of mortification.

& he must suspect they'd put the worst spin on anything he said - Morrissey Regrets Far Right Past - rather than, he didn't know what he was getting into. Which would mean living with that tag forever anyway.

Edit - he should definitely do it though. Even with a bad spin it draws a line & gives supporters ammunition.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lbf:

I guess the backstabbing trolls were expecting to be called on the phone and consulted after dissing Moz.:crazy:
very good person Ann Marie, (y)
backing Moz(y)

this is obviously disastrous, i really wish the far right would stop using Morrissey for their own gain but he makes it so easy for them

It's professional to get clearance - but the chances of Anne Marie doing that are zero.

He could take legal action to stop her using his name & image (the photographer could file a copyright claim).

He doesn't seem to do that kind of thing though. He's still got a pro-Simpsons post on his own website despite hating it.

Then this entire For Britain circus is made up of amateurs.
I am willing to take your word for it.
Still I can't help wondering if there's any possibility that someone actually gave his consent, be it Morrissey, his manager or SER.

I also have to agree with you that he won't take legal action. As he said, he doesn't have a dedicated army of lawyers supporting him, and he would rather sue the Simpsons first.

Last edited:
All of this is a sideshow. Let's remember where this all started. With the things Morrissey said and the affiliations he made.

It's all down to him, and no one else whatsoever. All this is no one else's fault.

He's just not used to people calling him out for his odious views

Then this entire For Britain circus is made up of amateurs.
I am willing to take your word for it.

I also have to agree with you that he won't take legal action. As he said, he doesn't have a dedicated army of lawyers supporting him, and he would rather sue the Simpsons first.

Yeah - it's not like National Rally. It's really her, some cranks & a couple of old BNP activists who have not made her electable because she's too mentally unstable to stick to the lie that they're only opposing Islam as an ideology. Which hilariously & sadly is what they recruited her for.

All of this is a sideshow. Let's remember where this all started. With the things Morrissey said and the affiliations he made.

It's all down to him, and no one else whatsoever. All this is no one else's fault.

He's just not used to people calling him out for his odious views

You hate him so much it's clouding your judgement. You might not have called him out but he's been relentlessly attacked in the press for all of his opinions. It's not surprising he lost sight of real threats to his career when he was having to deal with endless denunciations.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom