For Britain YT: "We're proud to stand with Morrissey" (April 20, 2021)

No statement yet as weather Morrissey still supports For Britain or not...
We can only presume he still does. As there is no attempt to put this all behind him..

Baring in mind he was quick off the mark to release a statement about the Simpson’s...
As far as I’m aware for Britain is a fully paid up political party,
Something I couldn’t ever vote for...
But if anyone one else wants to, then this is democracy in full swing..

As some have pointed out on here,
Morrissey has over the years wished death on folk, and said some very unsavoury things...
So yes, he now has to suck it it up.
What goes around, comes around..

Morrissey,
You can’t have it both ways....

Freedom of speech...
Or your career...

Even you can’t have both....

Saying nothing is more likely proof he doesn't support them any more.

He did say a lot of similarly hurt & scattershot things in the wake of the far right accusations, all of which got more flack.

I suspect he doesn't want to speak about it ever again.

He did say a lot of similarly hurt & scattershot things in the wake of the far right accusations, all of which got more flack.

Sadly, that’s exactly what the world won’t allow.

Sadly, that’s exactly what the world won’t allow.

Yeah.

Although - he is a fascinating person. If he just said yes to every bloody interview & stopped worrying about the inevitable crap some of them will write, he'd get back into a groove of Mozfather cover stories.

Journalists are mainly pissed off that they have no fresh copy & no exclusive photoshoots.

And Twitter is so evil it doesn't matter.

The longer he is silent on the the matter, the more obvious it becomes.
He won’t have worn that badge for a laugh, he knew exactly what he was doing...
And it’s biting him on the arse yet again.
This won’t ever go away...
His silence is deafening...

But we all have choices..
I’m more concerned about his career than any badge he has worn..

That would be true if he capitalised on it - but he's not a media creature. He's going to feel crushed & move in even smaller circles.

I don't think he cared about the Simpsons episode in itself - it's more that they believed he was so powerless or such a pariah that they could be as cruel as they liked. And they added to the joke by pretending to like him & then slagging him off. It's so callous.

I think his reputation will recover from this & probably benefit from it because it's so smug & is punching down.

But I wonder if he'll recover from it?
Lets be clear about one thing: This whole debacle IS his managers fault.

Morrissey hasn't done a damn thing in a whole year other than grieve the loss of his beloved mother in private.

The first thing that his manager did wrong was ALLOW for his official website (a TUMBLR) maintained by a family member to PUBLICIZE the episode without having viewed it. THAT was a supremely MORONIC move - a SELF OWN. The next thing he did was to write an incoherent response after the episode was aired rather than relying on someone who has the professional and intellectual chops to respond.

What should have happened after the airing was a brief and gracious statement stating very simply:

"Well done, Simpsons. I laughed out loud but lets clear up a couple of things: I've aged like a fine wine, and am a person who categorically rejects racism and hate in all forms.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this summer.

Morrissey, Location.

Last edited:
This way he would still have been in the news for 48 hours and the responses would have varied from HAHA Morrissey is awesome to OH SHIT ARE THE SMITHS REUNITING, instead of HI I AM ANNE MARIE NOTHING, A DESPERATE AND DELUSIONAL NOBODY AND I (AND MY NAZI YOUTH CLUB) STAND WITH MORRISSEY.

People don't go silent when they support a cause - they come out fighting.

This 👇 is his last political statement - which is so fuzzy even the press couldn't find a line to hate him with - but picking through it, I think he's saying he did get concerned that the government wasn't dealing with some issues out of fear of causing offence (which, is true) but he doesn't hate anyone for their identity & doesn't want to end pluralism.

in early old age could I please express very sincere thanks to BBC Radio 2 for their broad-shouldered support given to "California Son", "Wedding Bell Blues" and "It's Over". Whatever the future brings, I will always remember Radio 2's steady support during these rocky weeks - especially from Jo Whiley.
I am sorry the UK print media's contorted interpretation of who and what I am has gone all wrong. In these days when most people are afraid to even whisper, the print media write as if someone is coming to get them. This aching nervousness brings on the vengeful and paranoid. Inventing Britain's doomsday is the preoccupation of the tabloids, and they can hate you for having lived.
I straighten up, and my position is one of hope. The march backwards is over, and life has begun again. With voice extended to breaking point, I call for the prosperity of free speech; the eradication of totalitarian control; I call for diversity of opinion; I call for the total abolition of the abattoir; I call for peace, above all; I call for civil society; I call for a so-far unknowable end
to brutalities; "No" to Soviet Britain; prayers not to gods but to forces; an end to disingenuous media cluelessness; the people have the power; hatred and beheadings belong in the furnace of history; music might still be your only friend; for every shade and persuasion … we shall always be alongside each other - everyone's culture of value; no more fashionable outrage; cows are friends to humans - don't kill them; beware of those who write in headlines; moral fiber means holding on … to your friends; give up on inferior arguments; God gave you your life to enjoy - you will cry for your life in years to come … death always answers back; do not be a nobody; you have survived this far in order to make the remainder peaceful and funny; your very survival proves that you have a right; ignore the cold eyes of fascism; your life is Art."

MORRISSEY
24 May 2019

Of course then Sam went & printed an interview from April with Moz chirpily still supporting FB which got waves of flack because they found a sentence to misquote. 🙄🙄🙄

I wish he would face the pain & draw a line.

Lets be clear about one thing: This whole debacle IS his managers fault.

Morrissey hasn't done a damn thing in a whole year other than grieve the loss of his beloved mother in private.

The first thing that his manager did wrong was ALLOW for his official website (a TUMBLR) maintained by a family member to PUBLICIZE the episode without having first viewing it. THAT was a supremely MORONIC move - a SELF OWN. The next thing he did was to write an incoherent response after the episode was aired rather than relying on someone who has the professional and intellectual chops to respond.

What should have happened after the airing was a brief and gracious statement stating very simply:

"Well done, Simpsons. I laughed out loud but lets clear up a couple of thing: I've aged like a fine wine, and am a person who categorically rejects racism and hate in all forms.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this summer.

Morrissey, Location.

That is very true.

Just a quick observation: Keeping Britain for the British because it secures the sanctities the culture, the land, and the British way of life. Wow! I heard the same message coming from the KKK in the South US. Is your culture and way of life so fragile that a group of brown or black people could sweep it away? Calm down!
Such is the pronounced fragility of some characters on this site, they see a non-white family celebrating Xmas in a supermarket ad as proof of a risible “great replacement”, given the “victimhood” they crave.
And it’s more than a little revealing that at the very moment he started to become For Britain’s unofficial spokesperson, Morrissey started to do his token gestures. Sorry Moz, but it’ll take more than some pics of James Baldwin, Toni Morrison and Muhammad Ali on your official site, let alone a duet with a pedlar of that he once called “discofied nonsense” (Thelma Houston) for the fanbase haemorrhaged by his own actions, only for him to scapegoat diversity and “woke culture” (please!) to return to the fold, ok?

Last edited:
But I’d know it was all going horribly wrong if it sounded so right.

I would worry he'd been kidnapped & this was his way of letting us know.

His manager should be trying to show how funny & sweet he is though, even the carping & interest in the unelectable, obscure & dead is funny & sweet.

Such is the pronounced fragility of some characters on this site, they see a non-white family celebrating Xmas in a supermarket ad as proof of a risible “great replacement”, given the “victimhood” they crave.
And it’s more than a little revealing that at the very moment he started to become For Britain’s unofficial spokesperson, Morrissey started to do his token gestures. Sorry Moz, but it’ll take more than some pics of James Baldwin, Toni Morrison and Muhammad Ali on your official site, let alone a duet with a pedlar of that he once called “discofied nonsense” (Thelma Houston) for the fanbase haemorrhaged by his own actions, only for him to scapegoat diversity and “woke culture” (please!) to return to the fold, ok?

:rolleyes:
a what??? a non white family celebrating xmas in a supermarket ad??
proof of 'great replacemnent' and victimhood??? WtF are you even talking about?? nobody real understands the woke nonsense.:lbf:

a non white family celebrating Xmas with a white skinny in a Santa Claus costume??:lbf:

(y)
For Britain has my vote. good peeps.
not interlopers with or without penis.:)

some of these nutter trolls think Moz is supposed to appreciate
their bizarre insane troll remarks. take advice from 'nerak' or
'skinny' or that nut, BGayVelcro who wore borowed punk rock
orange pantaloons. didnt even fumitate them just slipped them on
so as to impress the non existing 'russian record label with HQs in
Hollywood CA.:crazy:

he was not signed of course. 'almost' only counts in the padded rubber room.:lbf:

Wonderfully said. This is a party that supports the history and identity of Britain and simply wants to limit immigration ( which is currently ruining every border state in America thanks to Biden ) . There's nothing far right or racist about it. All you woke morons need to move to a muslim country and see how you enjoy it.

No statement yet as weather Morrissey still supports For Britain or not...
We can only presume he still does. As there is no attempt to put this all behind him..

Because he hasn’t mentioned them in a year (or more?) I presume he doesn’t. I mean why would you remain silent on a subject or cause you feel strongly about, given the platform he has. That doesn’t look like ‘support’ to me.
As some have pointed out on here,
Morrissey has over the years wished death on folk, and said some very unsavoury things...

and as crude and maybe misguided as some of those remarks were and have been framed, the targets of his criticism probably deserved it, taking into consideration his point of view of course, which few do.
So yes, he now has to suck it it up.
What goes around, comes around..

Morrissey,
You can’t have it both ways....

Freedom of speech...
Or your career...

Even you can’t have both....

:lbf:

all I have to say to that is...

‘has the world changed or have I changed?’

the tories ignored controlled imigration and the result is up to 5 million people from hong kong could be heading here in the next few years,lets see how the nhs copes with that.
The NHS are heroes and coped so well with the plague of last year that they had ample time to rehearse for numerous Tik Tok dance videos.

:mad:Wonderfully said. This is a party that supports the history and identity of Britain and simply wants to limit immigration ( which is currently ruining every border state in America thanks to Biden ) . There's nothing far right or racist about it. All you woke morons need to move to a muslim country and see how you enjoy it.

:(

if only. but remember, there is no dole or liqour or weed in Islam.
most wokers live to feed off the dole and get liquored up and smoke drugs.:blushing:

‘obvious it becomes’. Well not everyone sees his silence in that way. You should know by now he’s not really one to apologize or even explain himself. More with the attitude of ‘why bother?’ and well, he may be right. I mean, whatever he does, there will always be many to misunderstand what he says/does and will stir up shit, they have their agendas.
did he? I wonder how clear it really was to him. Remember he’s an artist
not a politician.

has he ever had a ‘career’ though? He seems to be use to the up and downs of getting his work out there on his terms.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom