Full Morrissey interview on news.com.au: Donald Trump, Miley Cyrus, Prince Harry, unreleased Smiths

Exclusive: Morrissey on Donald Trump, Miley Cyrus, Prince Harry and unreleased Smiths material - news.com.au
By Cameron Adams, News Corp Australia Network

There's so much here. But, forgive me - calling George Galloway and Nigel Farage liberal educators - what f***ing world does he live in. f***ing hell. he's finally lost it.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The questions seem to be the same in every interview for the last 3 years. I am wondering if Morrisey provides the questions. I would be asking completely different questions. :sleeping:

Ffs, the don't even TRY to put a postive spin on questions, almost like they are tryin to upset him,which upsets me.

i was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly hoping he would say something nasty about miley cyrus. that's kind of why i bothered to read the interview. i am disappoint. :(

George Galloway is very popular in Scotland and I believe Nigel farage has a lot of support in engerland, are the millions of people who support these men also "nuts" have they gone "Adolf" and "full racist"? Or do they just have a opinion which differs from yours? And mine btw
Galloway is a liar who was booted out of Bradford the moment people saw the extent of his political chancery. He is in politics for no one but himself. And if you think Farage isn't a racist, then you are utterly deluded. But you know - leave ALL of that aside, and marvel at a person who thinks that both of these are 'liberal educators' and who dislikes a a muslim mayor for speaking too fast.

Here's some classic Galloway moments for you. The Farage ones are just innumerable.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-assistant-aisha-ali-khan-dirty-tricks-claims

Last edited:
Galloway is a liar who was booted out of Bradford the moment people saw the extent of his political chancery. He is in politics for no one but himself. And if you think Farage isn't a racist, then you are utterly deluded. But you know - leave ALL of that aside, and marvel at a person who thinks that both of these are 'liberal educators' and who dislikes a a muslim mayor for speaking too fast.

Here's a couple of classic Galloway moments for you. The Farage ones are just innumerable.

Well.

To include George Galloway as evidence of Morrissey having gone "full Adolf" paints a picture of you as someone who is trying to force pieces of a jigsaw together to make the picture they want to see over the picture on the box.

The videos you have provided are not evidence of Galloway being illiberal. The first is a clearly edited clip from a much longer conversation and, to be honest, I don't see much wrong with it. Galloway is correct to point out that it isn't his role as an MP to find people...in a representative democracy it is his role to be available to his constituents; which he was. As for the swearing, who cares?

The second clip is also heavily edited. Crucially Galloway states it is his "theory" that Israel may have supplied chemical weapons to Al Qaeda...a theory is not a statement of fact. It's also important to note that at a later date Galloway recanted that theory.

While "Gorgeous" George can be criticised for much what he certainly cannot be criticised for is his unwavering support for the people most directly affected by UK and USA foreign policy...which means that he cannot, by the definition you supplied in the Huffington article, be a racist (cultural or otherwise). That means you can't use him as proof of Morrissey being a racist.

I happen to think Galloway is a liberal. He supports freedom of speech, equal rights, fights oppression of minority groups and is a supporter of a fairer redistribution of wealth. Those are all things that anyone professing to be a liberal would support.

A quick look at his performance at the Oxford Union (available on YouTube) will provide evidence of almost all of the above.

I personally would not agree with Galloway on many issues but I think you are wrong to use him in the way you have.

As for Farage...hmmmm. I'm conflicted there. He is right in his opposition to EU/UK immigration policies but, overall, I think you are right in branding him as a racist. He certainly isn't a liberal of any sort. Does Morrissey labeling him as such mean he has gone "full Adolf"...I don't think so. I think it's further evidence of his being completely out of touch and of the sad slide towards conservatism in late middle age that blights so many (just look at where right wing parties do best in voter support).

What a total knob M had turned into.

I was going to go to the concert in Sweden but now I just think the racist crooner can f*** off.

The comment about Sadiq Khan speaking too fast is the kind of low blow we'd expect from "Thump".

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

What a total knob M had turned into.

I was going to go to the concert in Sweden but now I just think the racist crooner can f*** off.

At what point has Morrissey said something actually racist? He speaks ill of people regardless of their ethnicity (unless they're vegan). People are the same everywhere. Would you believe?

Here's some classic Galloway moments for you. The Farage ones are just innumerable.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-assistant-aisha-ali-khan-dirty-tricks-claims

I'm curious to know how Farage is racist? Because he wants tougher immigration control? I'm struggling to see how that's racist.

I love it. Morrissey does an interview and people here go ape shit trying to conjure up all sorts of manic bullshit. I just love how he gets under your skin-ny. It's hilarious!

Last edited:
No news really. Moz naming Farage and Galloway. Opposing Trump and Hillary Clinton. Nothing is really black and white. It's hard to find one person who thinks exactly the same as you on all topics (and that includes Moz). Actually, it is impossible. You could easily just dismiss everyone. With Moz, I think, it's a tactic on his part. He let's people guess. It would be easier for us if he just said which standpoints he agrees with or doesn't agree with. It was the same with the Jon Stewart / Bill Maher discussion around here. Let people guess. And now I am prepared, again, to be called c*** by a certain moderator.

c***Skinny will never forgive God for not making him NME-editor in the early 90s. He would have stuck in the knife full Sun-style: 'Morrissey IS a racist! He's flying the flag and flirting with disaster!'
Truth is he's still stuck here, a measly moderator on a dwindling Morrissey fan-site, fighting a battle he can never win. His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Why is anyone surprised at a vegetarian animal rights advocate like Morrissey being against bloodthirsty Halal butchering Muslims? It's entirely in keeping with his established views.

"calling George Galloway and Nigel Farage liberal educators - what f***ing world does he live in. f***ing hell. he's finally lost it"

"Liberal educators" is very clearly ironic in view of the critical reference to the BBC, but of course that wouldn't suit the kneejerk anti-Morrissey vendetta that this site continues to pursue, so better to assume he's being 100% literal (when is he ever?) in order to mock and criticise, even if it means you look stupid.

Is it exhausting trying to be so angry and outraged all the time?

(Yawns).

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom