Gail Shea responds to Morrissey's Canada tour plans

Tweet links to:

Morrissey breaks vow to boycott Canada until seal hunt is banned, announces eight concerts - National Post

Gail Shea's cited response from the above:

"Reached Monday, Shea laughed about his concert tour plans.

“You want to know if I’m going?
The answer’s ‘No,’ ” she said.

“They use their popularity to get headlines when they really don’t understand the issues. It’s just radical views and comments to grab headlines,” she said of Morrissey and other celebrity opponents of the hunt.
“It’s always been a part of life in Atlantic Canada.

Everyone is entitled to change their mind,” she said."

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those new to Solo, take a look at the footage of Morrissey at Maida Vale for the Radio2 session. Peter is the ugly twat at the front, clapping like a seal and gurning like a total c*** when Morrissey starts This Charming Man...yet he feels able to use the word 'hypocrite' without any sense of embarrassment.

Wall-eyed and thick as pig shit. I could almost feel sorry for him...but he's a twat, so I don't.

I love the way he always uses “and there’s nothing you can do about it” :lbf:
He really is a simpleton.

Skinny: the ultimate shitbag

He changed his mind when he realised he could go somewhere where he could make money. He is is disgraceful money-grabbing Nazi-apologist hypocrite.
Oh please, do feel free to f*** off !
You need to learn to get over the feeling of rejection that is destroying you.

Such a shame that message got hidden. Here it is again, and I'm going to keep on posting it, and there's nothing you can do about it...

He changed his mind when he realised he could go somewhere where he could make money. He is is disgraceful money-grabbing Nazi-apologist hypocrite.
I still fail to understand your complete switch. You now lack any objectivity in Morrissey. Obviously the ban hurt you but that doesnt preclude you from being a c***. If you had any objective views on anything related to Morrissey, then, with your knowledge, you wouldn’t be so roundly slapped down.

upload_2019-2-20_14-59-49.png

There was never a boycott. 90% of Canadians live like 50 miles from the border. That is the only justifiable reason to play shows in places like Detroit, Buffalo and Kalamazoo. The Canadian boycott was a PR stunt and he knew it wouldn't hit him hard in the pockets.
I am sorry to disagree with you, but I don’t think it was. Certainly this stance enhanced his publicity, but to claim it was purely a PR stunt is nonsensical given his 40 somewhat years of speaking out against such atrocities against the animal kingdom.

I am sorry to disagree with you, but I don’t think it was. Certainly this stance enhanced his publicity, but to claim it was purely a PR stunt is nonsensical given his 40 somewhat years of speaking out against such atrocities against the animal kingdom.

Then why not boycott Asia? There are countless countries he does not boycott which have far more egregrious human rights records than Canada.

Then why not boycott Asia? There are countless countries he does not boycott which have far more egregrious human rights records than Canada.
Asia is a continent, and its countries are not so homogenised that he should boycott a continent.
Perhaps he should boycott Europe as foie gras is produced in France.
And if its human rights I believe Britain still haven't found those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

I still fail to understand your complete switch. You now lack any objectivity in Morrissey. Obviously the ban hurt you but that doesnt preclude you from being a c***. If you had any objective views on anything related to Morrissey, then, with your knowledge, you wouldn’t be so roundly slapped down.

the other dude detailed him correctly. he has spastic tendencies. eyeballs:eyes: rolling,:handsopen: flapping up
and down.:astonished:

I don't see why Gail needed to comment on this to be honest;it's all a bit antagonistic and unwelcoming. He's not the first to detest seal hunting.
Or her- judging by the pie in her mush incident.

Asia is a continent, and its countries are not so homogenised that he should boycott a continent.
Perhaps he should boycott Europe as foie gras is produced in France.
And if its human rights I believe Britain still haven't found those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Err, misquote, I meant animal rights. But hey, he chooses to tour Korea where Dog is a delicacy. And don't get me started on Japan. How many whales do they kill annually?

And I am well aware that Asia isn't a country, thanks.

My personal boycott of Canada can't end just because Morrissey is touring. Morrissey, please release some other dates because Canada just won't do for me! I am not upset you have changed your mind, but I simply can't support the crushing of seal skulls for fur. When will they evolve?

Indeed. But how far do you take it? Do you boycott every country that isn’t vegetarian? We are all guilty of certain hypocracies in our life as life is too complicated to live without them. And whilst it is easy to highlight those of someone in the public domain and especially someone so vociferous, I think a little discretion is more than welcome.

The seal hunt is horrible. I hate the fact that I live in a world where the clubbing of baby seals is allowed.

Canada should be nuked of the face of this planet.

And don’t give me this ”most Canadians hate the seal hunt too” crap. It’s your country. Change the f***ing law if you don’t like it.

Such a shame that message got hidden. Here it is again, and I'm going to keep on posting it, and there's nothing you can do about it...

There was never a boycott. 90% of Canadians live like 50 miles from the border. That is the only justifiable reason to play shows in places like Detroit, Buffalo and Kalamazoo. The Canadian boycott was a PR stunt and he knew it wouldn't hit him hard in the pockets.
I don't think it's fair to call it a PR stunt. Perhaps he did play close to the border so Canadians could see him. The boycott was never about Canadians. He's said before that Canadians don't like the seal hunt. The boycott was meant to punish Canada by depriving the venues of the revenue he'd bring in. By playing in Detroit to a bunch of Canucks, he isn't giving Canada any money.

Err, misquote, I meant animal rights. But hey, he chooses to tour Korea where Dog is a delicacy. And don't get me started on Japan. How many whales do they kill per annually?
I don't think it's fair to call it a PR stunt. Perhaps he did play close to the border so Canadians could see him. The boycott was never about Canadians. He's said before that Canadians don't like the seal hunt. The boycott was meant to punish Canada by depriving the venues of the revenue he'd bring in. By playing in Detroit to a bunch of Canucks, he isn't giving Canada any money.

I can assure you that no theatre in Toronto is making money off the seal hunt.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom