Gary Day got mad at me

I don't see how it minimizes anything at all. He's in a select group of people on planet earth to have a credit with Morrissey on some of his songs. That alone is awesome. But I did get the sense that he thought that I was being condescending and suggesting that he couldn't have done more than just the bass line because he's just a bassist which wasn't the case at all. I could see it in his eyes. Lots of bassists I've known in bands are similar in this regard. They don't get a lot of respect from the average listener so they have a bit of a chip on their shoulder. And I take umbrage at the "random person" label. The amount of people that give two rats butts about Gary Day or "Pasherate love" in 2006 was minimal at best. I am a Moz super fan as most of us are. He should be well chuffed to appreciated for his talents and not be a tool about it. But that's not who he is or at least was that night. Too bad for him because I'm a pretty cool guy when people are nice to me but otherwise...and yeah that guy was definitely on drugs of some sort to be that thin and strung out looking.
But you are a random person. You know what happens with some fans is that they really appreciate someone and so they think it's a two-way relationship. It's really not. He put the work in to make the music and you enjoy it. That's cool. But that doesn't mean that when you run into him somewhere that he owes you his time. Some people give you nothing. He signed your cd or record. You really are a random person. You're posting here as Anonymous. How are you special? Because you read the song credits? So that allows you to stop someone in their free time and ask them questions?
And I get that you're a pretty cool guy, but then why ask the other question? You felt that the first question was owed to you and when he misunderstood your meaning you decided to ask him something guaranteed to make him angry. A pretty cool guy would probably say, "hey, thanks for the autograph" and then go bother Boz or something. lol
No one owes you anything. You bought the record. You read the credits. Thumbs up on that. You can read and maybe you can read a book of etiquette someday. lol
I already said I think the whole thing was funny and has nothing to do with me. I do not care. If you're offended because I think you're a random, sorry, you are. But I wasn't suggesting you should be crucified or anything. It's just leave people alone and don't feel entitled to a stranger's time just because you are a "Moz super fan." Save it for the show. You could have yelled out "Gary Day! I love you! You wrote Pashernate Love! I read the credits!" But when the show is over and he's off the clock he's no longer obligated to entertain you.

But you are a random person. You know what happens with some fans is that they really appreciate someone and so they think it's a two-way relationship. It's really not. He put the work in to make the music and you enjoy it. That's cool. But that doesn't mean that when you run into him somewhere that he owes you his time. Some people give you nothing. He signed your cd or record. You really are a random person. You're posting here as Anonymous. How are you special? Because you read the song credits? So that allows you to stop someone in their free time and ask them questions?
And I get that you're a pretty cool guy, but then why ask the other question? You felt that the first question was owed to you and when he misunderstood your meaning you decided to ask him something guaranteed to make him angry. A pretty cool guy would probably say, "hey, thanks for the autograph" and then go bother Boz or something. lol
No one owes you anything. You bought the record. You read the credits. Thumbs up on that. You can read and maybe you can read a book of etiquette someday. lol
I already said I think the whole thing was funny and has nothing to do with me. I do not care. If you're offended because I think you're a random, sorry, you are. But I wasn't suggesting you should be crucified or anything. It's just leave people alone and don't feel entitled to a stranger's time just because you are a "Moz super fan." Save it for the show. You could have yelled out "Gary Day! I love you! You wrote Pashernate Love! I read the credits!" But when the show is over and he's off the clock he's no longer obligated to entertain you.

Wow. You definitely care a lot more about this than I do. Lol. I'm not interested in your "advice". FU.

Met Gary Day twice. Once on a tube after a Cramps gig in the 90's and a few yrs ago at one of the Moz Army meets in Manc. Perfectly fine each time.

Met Gary Day twice. Once on a tube after a Cramps gig in the 90's and a few yrs ago at one of the Moz Army meets in Manc. Perfectly fine each time.

Well I guess that solves it. Gary Day is a perfectly fine person when you glance in his direction on the tube or stand near him at an event that he's been invited to meet fans at and be adored.

Well I guess that solves it. Gary Day is a perfectly fine person when you glance in his direction on the tube or stand near him at an event that he's been invited to meet fans at and be adored.

Well, the first time on the tube I was wrecked and could barely speak........he could have told me to f-off.

Well, the first time on the tube I was wrecked and could barely speak........he could have told me to f-off.

A-ha! The truth comes out! Lol

You only think you were wrecked. Actually, Gary didn't like the look on your face and punched you dizzy. Monster that he is. Lol

Back
Top Bottom