Germany Concert Dates

In der neuen Spex ist YoR "Platte der Ausgabe":

http://spex.de/3098/rezensionen.html

Was denkt ihr von der Rezi?

na ja, viel Geschwafel, wenig Aussagen über die einzelnen Songs. Aber insgesamt eine positive Rezi für YoR. Etwas daneben sind die Sprüche wie "Er (Moz) ist hoffnungslos unmodern" oder "Seine Alben (Cover) sahen schon immer übel aus". Sehe ich etwas anders, aber ist ja Geschmacksache. "Unmodern"? Moz bleibt Moz. Ob modern oder unmodern, wen interessiert das?!

Ich habe YoR jetzt mindestens ein dutzend Mal durchgehört, ich finde das Album klasse, besser als ROTT (welches ich auch gut finde) :guitar:

Are Germany concerts are worthy?

Hello, everyone.

I live in Czech Republic and wondering where to go to this tour. The closest to me is Cologne, Germany but I'm wondering if German concerts will be interesting to visit. I don't want offend German guys but I guess it's quite obvious that UK concerts will be much more passionate. Hope I'm wrong :)

Sincerely,
Gordon.

Köln und Offenbach sind von Berlin aus gesehen auch nicht gerade günstig gelegen. Muß mich da leider auf Berlin beschränken. Hamburg hätte ich mir noch überlegt ...

Ja das stimmt, das ist blöd. Für mich wäre Berlin oder Köln gleich von der Entfernung aber da ich in der Nähe von Offenbach arbeite passt das und ich gehe mit jemandem hier aus dem Forum nach Köln, drum mach ich eben Köln. Für ne ganze Tour sind die Tickets allein schon viel zu teuer.

Re: Are Germany concerts are worthy?

Hello, everyone.

I live in Czech Republic and wondering where to go to this tour. The closest to me is Cologne, Germany but I'm wondering if German concerts will be interesting to visit. I don't want offend German guys but I guess it's quite obvious that UK concerts will be much more passionate. Hope I'm wrong :)

Sincerely,
Gordon.

Well, I would say this is your decision. But I dont think you are going to make many friends on the German side if you ask us if you should rather go to the UK or Germany for gigs. :)
I think if you are a Morrissey fan it always means you are passionate about the Mozzer - no matter where you are from. I have seen my favourite band play live in the UK and Germany and it's not always better in the UK. It depends on the people you go with, the venue etc. I also depends on what you make of a gig. Plainly saying Morrissey will play " a better show" or say funnier things in the UK is just not working. You never know what a show will be like - he might have a good night or a bad night. I usually go to venues I can easily reach and not which venue is cooler or is supposed to have cooler fans coming ;-) we are all Morrissey fans, we are all cool :rolleyes::D

When I visited my first (and up to date only) Moz gig in Düsseldorf two years ago I was looking around at the audience wondering if they might be just a tad too old and relaxed for some good old hysteria - I was wrong! I remember very vividly when Moz came on stage and a rush and a push to the stage occured. Everyone was singing along and really letting his/herself go.

But then again I never visited a Moz gig in the U.K. Maybe it`s completely different? Stage invasions all the time, people making love, others killing themselves... I just don`t know!

@Martina: B.t.w., what IS your favourite band?

Re: Are Germany concerts are worthy?

Well, I would say this is your decision. But I dont think you are going to make many friends on the German side if you ask us if you should rather go to the UK or Germany for gigs. :)
I think if you are a Morrissey fan it always means you are passionate about the Mozzer - no matter where you are from. I have seen my favourite band play live in the UK and Germany and it's not always better in the UK. It depends on the people you go with, the venue etc. I also depends on what you make of a gig. Plainly saying Morrissey will play " a better show" or say funnier things in the UK is just not working. You never know what a show will be like - he might have a good night or a bad night. I usually go to venues I can easily reach and not which venue is cooler or is supposed to have cooler fans coming ;-) we are all Morrissey fans, we are all cool :rolleyes::D

Sorry if I offended anyone from Germany. The problem is that I can't make more then one gig so I'm quite perky about selecting the right one. I already saw people in this thread that some Germany concerts (no Morrissey's) were not cool at all that's why I'm concerning. I want to hear back from folks who attended earlier Morrissey's gigs in Germany about if he enough passionate here, if he communicating with audience etc.

Once again, NO OFFENSE.

I went to the same gig as Shahotse, in Düsseldorf (Dec. 06) and I was just as bruised as I would have been at a gig in the UK. :o
In the UK he might say more things about specific UK subjects, that Germans or whatever people from outside the UK wouldn't understand anyway. But he's usual very talkative wherever he might play.
The only difference I can think of is that a bigger part of the UK-crowd goes mad and a smaller part of the German crowd. For instance: if about the first 30 rows in the UK are going crazy, then maybe the first 20 in Germany.
And remember that you are part of the audience too! Just go crazy and more people will follow! :guitar:
But wherever you go, the first couple of rows are always going extra supercrazy!

When I visited my first (and up to date only) Moz gig in Düsseldorf two years ago I was looking around at the audience wondering if they might be just a tad too old and relaxed for some good old hysteria - I was wrong! I remember very vividly when Moz came on stage and a rush and a push to the stage occured. Everyone was singing along and really letting his/herself go.

But then again I never visited a Moz gig in the U.K. Maybe it`s completely different? Stage invasions all the time, people making love, others killing themselves... I just don`t know!

@Martina: B.t.w., what IS your favourite band?

No one probably knows them cos they are the "forever opening act" ;-) - they are called New Found Glory :)

na ja, viel Geschwafel, wenig Aussagen über die einzelnen Songs. Aber insgesamt eine positive Rezi für YoR. Etwas daneben sind die Sprüche wie "Er (Moz) ist hoffnungslos unmodern" oder "Seine Alben (Cover) sahen schon immer übel aus". Sehe ich etwas anders, aber ist ja Geschmacksache. "Unmodern"? Moz bleibt Moz. Ob modern oder unmodern, wen interessiert das?!
Ist ja nicht verkehrt, Morrissey hat sich nie einem Trend angebiedert, sondern macht eben sein Ding, alles andere würde mich auch wundern. Auf der anderen Seite wünschen sich ja viele Fans, dass er vielleicht mal eine Sache völlig außerhalb seiner gewachsenen Band machen würde, muss ja nicht gleich ein wildes Elektronik-Album mit Mouse on Mars sein (wie Mark. E. Smith). ;)

Viele Bemerkungen stimmen auch mit meinen persönlichen Eindrücken überein, z.B. dass die Platte sehr "schlagzeuglastig" ist und dass Morrisseys Stimme auf diesem Album viel mehr Teil des ganzen Klanggebildes ist, was dem Album sehr gut bekommt.

Hello, everyone.
I live in Czech Republic and wondering where to go to this tour. The closest to me is Cologne, Germany but I'm wondering if German concerts will be interesting to visit. I don't want offend German guys but I guess it's quite obvious that UK concerts will be much more passionate. Hope I'm wrong :).
I think if you are a Morrissey fan it always means you are passionate about the Mozzer - no matter where you are from. I have seen my favourite band play live in the UK and Germany and it's not always better in the UK. It depends on the people you gowith, the venue etc. I also depends on what you make of a gig. Plainly saying Morrissey will play " a better show" or say funnier things in the UK is just not working. You never know what a show will be like - he might have a good night or a bad night. I usually go to venues I can easily reach and not which venue is cooler or is supposed to have cooler fans coming ;-) we are all Morrissey fans, we are all cool :rolleyes::D
But then again I never visited a Moz gig in the U.K. Maybe it`s completely different? Stage invasions all the time, people making love, others killing themselves... I just don`t know!?

Sorry if I offended anyone from Germany. The problem is that I can't make more then one gig so I'm quite perky about selecting the right one. I already saw people in this thread that some Germany concerts (no Morrissey's) were not cool at all that's why I'm concerning. I want to hear back from folks who attended earlier Morrissey's gigs in Germany about if he enough passionate here, if he communicating with audience etc..

well it depends on the city..berlin 06 was very passionate while hamburg was VERY VERY lame. a very very reserve crowd (i felt for morrissey he was in a good mood while the crows seems to have fallen asleep) and i ve heard munich too was pretty quiet
..düsseldorf was quite receptive i have heard
but still there is indeed more rush and energy at the Uk gigs .no stage invasions had happened in germany 06 ,not because of the sec but because nobody really tried hard..
i dont know about the 91 gigs though..I ve heard not soo long ago today ;) that even the hamburg gig was great in 91...but not 2006..but 91 was a diff time..moz toured the first time solo etc...
also the crowd is younger in the UK as in germany ..Im not saying only 40 + are there but there is def a younger generation more present at the uk gigs rather than in germany
i have talked about it elsewhere..;)
its def another thing experince it in the UK... I would recommend the UK gigs reaIly but of course the gigs in germany are good too but not that "wild"
YOu must please remember :p
that he is well covered in the press in the UK and is a national institution there while here in germany not thaaat many know him (or at least he is not mainstram here) and the printed press coverage for moz in germany onyl happens in the act of a cd or concert here
(no tv coverage, the only thing i remember was rockpalast but that was only shown twice since the premier airing 2006 and the smiths rockpalastconcert was only repeated on a digital channel(eins festival) not so long ago which only a very small percentage in germany could see cause its was shown on a digital channel )
Im only speaking in terms of morrissey not other gigs from other bands here in germany
also I have mentioned several times that for the jan/feb 08 the london crowd did quite hold back -at least for roundhouse-(like for the stage invasions , one or two "only") while the scottish wents "nuts"
scotland seems to be a good ground for moz concerts as i had the experience they re are not that oversaturated than the londoners (also a lot of journos, and scene hipsters in the crowd) who do get a great gig near them almost everyday..while not every band travels all the way up north... this dont seem to apply to every london gig-im not gernealzing here) of course
but at least 2008 was a huuuuuge difference between roundhouse,london and edinburgh
stage invasions(edinburgh 08 ) did go over the three or four last songs:

another ancle

manchester is surely great too havent seen him play in manchester..so im very exited
some scottish ones

smiths hand in glove glasgow 84
now my heart is full edinburgh 95

Last edited by a moderator:
sistasheila, thank you for the very detailed answer. I think I will go to Cologne gig. Going to take my camera to the concert so I think in too wild crowd I will have a risk of damaging it. Will message you guys once I will get the tickets so you will count me in :)

Personally I was dissapointed by the audience of G-Mex in december 2006. I´ve been to Kings Lynn the same year and that was wild and fantastic. I´ve been to Munich, Dusseldorf and Frankfurt as well. Dusseldorf was very good, as well was Frankfurt. Munich was lame. Bruxelles on the other hand was fantastic as well, so as somebody mentioned before it always depends on the people that go there. i would say it isn´t always depending of the city. cologne is in an area with a big population. mostly concerts are rather wild. i saw new order there a couple of years ago and that was awesome. on this tour i chose offenbach. just because of the venue and i had good memories of frankfurt, which is close. the best i´ve ever been was definately Kings Lynn. Thumbs up!

Personally I was dissapointed by the audience of G-Mex in december 2006. I´ve been to Kings Lynn the same year and that was wild and fantastic. I´ve been to Munich, Dusseldorf and Frankfurt as well. Dusseldorf was very good, as well was Frankfurt. Munich was lame. Bruxelles on the other hand was fantastic as well, so as somebody mentioned before it always depends on the people that go there. i would say it isn´t always depending of the city. cologne is in an area with a big population. mostly concerts are rather wild. i saw new order there a couple of years ago and that was awesome. on this tour i chose offenbach. just because of the venue and i had good memories of frankfurt, which is close. the best i´ve ever been was definately Kings Lynn. Thumbs up!

All the same where - Moz has crazy fans in the whole world. All the same for which gig one decides, the well-chosen halls are not so big and I am sure that also this time again everywhere will be a fantastic crowd. Let`s do it again :guitar:

View attachment 7121

The past is a strange place ...

Here is the other thing I want to ask. I heard that security is not letting you have a photo camera with you. Is it true?

well,in offenbach you're not allowed...but on my cologne ticket there's nothing written on it..so you're allowed to..i think so..

Tags
germany
Back
Top Bottom