Get your quiffs out

Do you have a quiff?

• Total voters
Re: Get your quiffs out!

I do, I'll post a pic...If you need pics!

Great thread, finally something interesting is happening! :)

Does having a quiff for about 70-80% of the time count as 'yes' or 'sometimes'? Anyways, I voted for yes...

And pics please everyone!!! I must admit that I have a severe quiff fetish! :o

I can post a pic of myself soon, but I don't really have any good recent pictures right now.

This is Mr Rose, the hairdresser in November 1954. He claimed to have been the inventor of the quiff. Look at his face carefully and don't forget him. :D

MrRosetheinventorofthequiffNovember.jpg

Not anymore but I did have one until around 1996.
Here is a photo of me back in 1990.
This is now 20 years ago. 'Where did the years go? why did the years go?' :)

Last edited:
Does this count?

...thought not

This is Mr Rose, the hairdresser in November 1954. He claimed to have been the inventor of the quiff. Look at his face carefully and don't forget him. :D

MrRosetheinventorofthequiffNovember.jpg

He looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it...

Does this count?

...thought not

Yeah, it does kind of. :)

EDIT: What the... I could have sworn I put an exclamation mark on both the thread title and my title for the first post. :confused: Maybe I'm just going mad.

touche.jpg

Gobble, gobble. I don't take 'quiffin' seriously.... Only when I'm in Mexico :)

^ That's a good one too. :) My hair needs a few grips and quite a bit of strong hairspray to keep it's shape whilst in a quiff because my fringey-bit's quite long. It generally stays up quite well during the day though. Out of pure curiosity: to the bequiffed ones, how do you usually fashion yours? I like talking about hair. :D

^ That's a good one too. :) My hair needs a few grips and quite a bit of strong hairspray to keep it's shape whilst in a quiff because my fringey-bit's quite long. It generally stays up quite well during the day though. Out of pure curiosity: to the bequiffed ones, how do you usually fashion yours? I like talking about hair. :D

On my picture above I just back combed it, and used hair grips at the back, i've not had it like that for ages really, that was last year.

I should have another try out!

I do have a quiff, but have taken to wearing a flat cap during the winter. I spent last week travelling around a few cities in Spain and enjoying the tranquil villages of the Tereul area, so the cap was not required (but the 'Sweet Georgia Brown' was left at home). The quiff is very much alive in Zaragoza, Tarrangona & Barcelona, let me tell you.

I do have a quiff, but have taken to wearing a flat cap during the winter. I spent last week travelling around a few cities in Spain and enjoying the tranquil villages of the Tereul area, so the cap was not required (but the 'Sweet Georgia Brown' was left at home). The quiff is very much alive in Zaragoza, Tarrangona & Barcelona, let me tell you.

But no photo for us to view:thumb:
Sounds like you had a good week away:)

Jukebox Jury

PS Brel, the Museum has re-opened:eek:
It is now the 'A1 Superstore' - the sign outside adds.... ''English, Asian, African and Carribean foods''

But no photo for us to view:thumb:
Sounds like you had a good week away:)

Jukebox Jury

PS Brel, the Museum has re-opened:eek:
It is now the 'A1 Superstore' - the sign outside adds.... ''English, Asian, African and Carribean foods''

When I get a chance, I will post you a photo of my flat cap! We had a great week in Spain. We travelled around quite a lot and spent a few days with family who live out in the mountains. A few days back in work, then we are at it all again, though we haven't decided where to go yet (Nicola's birthday in 3 weeks).

I will be passing the Museum later on today. About 20 years ago I shared a student house near Maine Road. Our local Asian supermarket was A1. Though I only ever bought biscuits from them!

Hello, I had my haircut but the barber cut tooooooo much off, so now if i comb it back it goes all spikey:tears:

:guitar:

Thats my problem. I use a local traditional mens barbers. I know if the owner cuts it then the quiff gets a serious chop. I've worked out though that he doesn't arrive for work until gone 10am, so I tend to stand outside waiting for them to open at 9am, just to be on the safe side :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom