Glasgow - The SSE Hydro (Feb. 17, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Glad to hear Israel has been dropped from the show, hopefully it stays out for Dublin as it would not be popular here.

Could do with a few more Smiths Songs and a couple more older Moz classics.

Good but not his best set list tonight . as a vegan and respecter of moz feelings and his very strong venue demands I was shocked to see Cadbury’s milk chocolate on sale

Still a very uninspired, and frustrating set list, but yet significantly more tolerable without Meat, Paris, and Ganglord. It's still a long ways away from the set his fans deserve, especially at a high-priced arena show.

In recent years, Morrissey seems to enjoy adding songs that send some sort of relevant message (in his mind). Ganglord conveyed his hatred for authority, and news stories of police brutality, but that's been updated with the horrendous track, "Who Will Save Us From The Police." No need for both.

While I'd like to think he added "Hold On To Your Friends" because it's a great song, and the set needed some change, that wasn't the case. It was a clear message to his base back in December, from all the interview backlash to was receiving. His addition of "If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me" is an even clearer message to former "fans," who have taken it upon themselves to label him a racist, and abandon him. I mean, it's obvious of course, but still needed to point it out.

I wish he'd add songs because he knows crowds would lose their minds for them. Because he knows he should cater to the crowd, just slightly. I've seen many shows, and the crowd really comes alive for songs like Suedehead, and especially Everyday Is Like Sunday. Sunday is an example of a track that can be played every tour, every night and never be tiresome. Morrrissey so very keenly observant of crowds. You would think he would see these reactions, and adjust his sets accordingly. The last time I saw Morrissey, the crowd was jumping out of their skin when Sunday was played, I think it was because they've been sitting through a relatively slow set, with mostly new songs, and just wanted to revile in the one song they knew and loves. This is not a knock on his newer songs, but Morrissey has always been one to pack his sets with current songs he's pushing.

Just think how people would lose their minds with the inclusion of Our Frank, Lost, or Mute Witness. Three tracks which haven't been played live in ages, and would sound amazing with the addition of keyboards. Put those three tracks into this set, and it's a different night. But Morrissey sings for Morrissey, not for us. He neglects the fact that we're the ones paying for admission.

Personally, I'd love for him to ditch the video screens, the poorly Photoshoped images, etc.. and go back to backdrops only.

Anyway, I don't know why I always check here at the start of a new tour, hoping for some sign of significant change. I'm too old for this, and I should know better.

Would people really lose their minds for those songs? I doubt it. I mean, I didn't see people losing their minds when he played It's Hard to Walk Tall or Yes, I Am Blind for example (nice as they were).

I think there has been a significant change for the LIHS tour and the setlist reflects that.

Great show. Preferred it to 2015, certainly. The place was absolutely packed.

A personal highlight was Munich Air Disaster; absolutely beautiful. As a whole, I "locked in", if you will, on the sound (it's dire in the Hydro) during How Soon is Now. From then on I was a happy man.

He asked us if we liked Nicola Sturgeon then commented that "...those hands would be in anybody's pocket." Or something like that.

The lighting and smoke as Boz does the swooping, descending, piercing guitar lines towards the end of Jack the Ripper have to be seen to be believed. Very powerful.

I almost forgot how to sing the end of Speedway after a good few years of the switched instruments and the Spanish ending.

I first saw Moz as a 16 year old in December of '92 at the Barrowlands, gold lame and all; tonight I got to take my 16 year-old daughter to her first Moz gig. Unbelievable. She loved it. I know because she only got her phone out once. This is "the test."

Everyday is Like Sunday was quite something, too.

Post-Show comedown on the way now, no doubt.

Sorry for the scattergun approach to this "review", but a glass or two of Valpolicella await. Some potentially-violent fannies in the crowd but I did not let them spoil the Moz-buzz.

Not a patch on the '09 or '06 shows in Stirling or the Barrowlands doubleshot in May '09 but very, very impressive nonetheless.
Lovely and touching review. The wheel of life keeps on turning for us, the lucky ones. I will be in Dublin once more to bear witness to the glamour, genius and grandeur of Moz.

Glad to hear Israel has been dropped from the show, hopefully it stays out for Dublin as it would not be popular here.

Could do with a few more Smiths Songs and a couple more older Moz classics.
Why wouldn't it be popular? It's a great song. Are you saying all Irish are in sympathy with Palestine? I don't understand what your comment means. 'Home' and 'Israel' are two of the strongest songs on the album. Is Moz supposed to only sing songs he knows won't offend anyone? f*** that.

On another note: is there an after party planned for Moz in Dublin? I will be in the bar. With my head on the bar.

On another note: is there an after party planned for Moz in Dublin? I will be in the bar. With my head on the bar.
Hopefully there will be, after the last Dublin gig I went to the bar that was having the after party but left after 1 drink because they’re sound system was awful, ended up in the temple bar instead and had a great night ( what I can remember of it)

Why wouldn't it be popular? It's a great song. Are you saying all Irish are in sympathy with Palestine? I don't understand what your comment means. 'Home' and 'Israel' are two of the strongest songs on the album. Is Moz supposed to only sing songs he knows won't offend anyone? f*** that.
That’s exactly what he means, but he’s only fooling himself, Israel will be well received in Dublin, please please play it moz

Not the best setlist but not bad either. We all know Morrissey doesn't do Greatest Hits. It was mostly the new album, as expected. The venue isnt the best. I much prefer Moz in a smaller more intimate space. Still a great night.

You'll be gone (Elvis)
I Wish you lonely
I started something
Suedehead
Jacky's only happy
How Soon is Now?
Munich Air Disaster
When you open your
Who will protect us from the police ?
World Peace
My love (I'd do anything)
Home is a question mark
I Bury The Living
Back on the chain gang (the pretenders cover)
Spent the day in bed
The Bullfighter Dies
If you don't like me, don't look at me
Jack the Ripper
Hold onto your friends
Everyday is like Sunday
Speedway

Encore
Irish Blood

2 changes from last night
Israel and girl from Tel Aviv out, home is a question mark and Speedway in.

Speedway Only Moz sang
Much better than Aberdeen, fantastic having speedway back & with Moz only doing the singing (1 less new LP track as well!), plus the pacing of the 1st half was so much better with placing suedehead further up the listing.

Still issue with the lag in the set from Munich air disaster until Back on the chain gang (should mention that Chaingang in itself seems to becoming quite the sing along / fan favourite with the harmonies)

I would really like to see moz ditch ‘when you open your legs, horrendous lyrics & the artwork on screen at that tune is also sub-par, it’s a poor reflection on Morrissey all round that one,

The Elvis cover to start should also be looked at, long with ‘if you don’t like me...’
Surely much better back catalogue tunes should be included / or another Smiths one. Make those changes and the setlist is looking much better and guarantee the crowd in the arenas will be much more impressed/ Involved / tuned into what Moz is doing overall.

I’d give tonight an 8/10.

Hugh Clark is ok and this is a video I recorded when meeting him tonight. It seems he is blaming Maggie Thatcher a lot for his troubles or does he have someone else on his mind?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom