Glasgow - The SSE Hydro (Feb. 17, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Though I can't vouch for what it will be like, I believe there is a Morrissey Afterparty in The Grand social on the corner of Liffey St
I'm really looking forward to the concert as I love the new album.
This will only be my third Morrissey concert (Belfast 2015 and Manchester 2016). I can't wait.
Judging by the genuine contributors here from the two Scottish concerts it should be a fantastic night.

As a Palestinian supporter I have no issue with " Israel" and will be disappointed if I don't get to hear it live.
"I can't answer for what armies do , they are not you"
. You could substitute "Government/Politicians" here and apply it to any country including Ireland -( Homelessness, Hunting/Coursing/Fur farms)-not exactly the will of the majority of Irish people.

Morrissey at this point is the only singer from my childhood who still resonates with me.
This stems from his honesty and empathy, and the fact that he doesn't pander to the programmed media with the blandness we have come to expect from his peers.
I don't think that his views are at all as simplistic as people would make out, either from his lyrics or "controversial" interviews. It's easy to be controversial if you're not "playing the game"
He is and always has been a unique voice and I am thrilled to be hearing that voice tomorrow night.

Though I can't vouch for what it will be like, I believe there is a Morrissey Afterparty in The Grand social on the corner of Liffey St
I'm really looking forward to the concert as I love the new album.
This will only be my third Morrissey concert (Belfast 2015 and Manchester 2016). I can't wait.
Judging by the genuine contributors here from the two Scottish concerts it should be a fantastic night.

As a Palestinian supporter I have no issue with " Israel" and will be disappointed if I don't get to hear it live.
"I can't answer for what armies do , they are not you"
. You could substitute "Government/Politicians" here and apply it to any country including Ireland -( Homelessness, Hunting/Coursing/Fur farms)-not exactly the will of the majority of Irish people.

Morrissey at this point is the only singer from my childhood who still resonates with me.
This stems from his honesty and empathy, and the fact that he doesn't pander to the programmed media with the blandness we have come to expect from his peers.
I don't think that his views are at all as simplistic as people would make out, either from his lyrics or "controversial" interviews. It's easy to be controversial if you're not "playing the game"
He is and always has been a unique voice and I am thrilled to be hearing that voice tomorrow night.
At that rate a singer could be excused for singing a song about how great Germany was during WW2 or Apartheid South Africa.

“ you can’t blame me
I’m just an innocent soldier”
Could be substituted as you put it for you can’t blame me I’m just an innocent singer/ fan.

Homelessness is a by product of a captialist system gone mad while the other issues have little to do with a nazi state invading a neighbour state, land grabbing and murdering their people.
The after show will be quite good, its upstairs in the venue in the loft part through the smoking area at the back of the bar, bit of a pity its not a weekend night though there was a reasonable crowd the last time after a Morrissey gig on a Monday night.

Enjoy the gig

How on earth did they allow Hugh into USA?
No wonder Trump had to get control of the borders.

I absolutely loved my first Morrissey concert in Glasgow on Saturday! Seeing the man, the legend for the first time and getting to the front and almost able to reach out and touch his hand was unforgettable, I'll never forget it. His voice sounded absolutely amazing, the tracks from LIHS worked so well live and he put so much feeling and energy into the performance.

'I Bury the Living' was a stand out track for me live - it sounded fantastic, passionate, angry, emotional.. and the little 'John' song at the end - *sigh* - Morrissey's voice was sublime, just delicious and if anything has improved with age as it's got deeper and more soulful and he still reaches those higher, falsetto notes so effortlessly.

Did I mention how good he looked? He's looking great by the way, very sexy ;)

For me personally, I didn't particularly enjoy 'World Peace is None of your Business'. I like the sentiment behind the song but don't like the twee tune that goes along with it.. it kind of bugs me...

Don't shoot me down in flames but I'm not a fan of 'Chain Gang'. Everyone around me at the front was going mad for it so I know I'm in the minority and it's hugely popular with the fans but I'd rather hear another Smiths track (There is a Light... Bigmouth... I Know it's Over... Panic...) or in my opinion 'classic Morrissey' (Glamorous Glue... You Have Killed Me... Something is Squeezing my Skull.. I'm Throwing my Arms...)

The end was a bit disappointing, it just fizzled out for me and I was surprised when the lights came on. Irish Blood was electric as a finale but I was kind of expecting to hear two songs as an encore and was looking forward to 'Israel' as he played it the night before in Aberdeen but alas, t'was not to be.

For the record, I didn't see any disgruntled Nicola Sturgeon supporters walk out. I think this is, once again, the media making a mountain out of a molehill.

There were a few drunken idiots in the crowd who didn't care who they trampled/elbowed/stood on in their quest to get to the front. I'm sure this is par for the course at concerts (I don't get out much :) ) but I'm only little and was on my own and a couple of times I didn't feel very safe, although there was some sanctuary at the barrier.

I know Boz is much loved by all but does anyone think he was going through the motions a bit on Saturday? As I said, I've never seen Morrissey live before but I didn't think Boz was that engaged in the performance. That said, I was on the right hand side and he was on the left, so I was quite far away from him. Still love him and he's definitely a legend in his own right but he didn't have a 'presence' but perhaps that's because Moz is so centre stage and dominant (as well he should).

I'm so jealous of everyone going to Leeds on Friday, hope you enjoy the show as much as I did! x

Ok, and how did you meet Morrissey? because a movie? because the smiths?

Ok, and how did you meet Morrissey? because a movie? because the smiths?
Been a fan of The Smiths since I was a young slip of a thing in the 80's (I know how could I possibly be that old??) Reading his autobiography when it came out switched me on to him, understanding the man behind the music of The Smiths and following that, I started to really listen to his solo stuff and get into the lyrics and the music... Wish I'd 'discovered' him years ago, all the amazing concerts I've missed :(

Been a fan of The Smiths since I was a young slip of a thing in the 80's (I know how could I possibly be that old??) Reading his autobiography when it came out switched me on to him, understanding the man behind the music of The Smiths and following that, I started to really listen to his solo stuff and get into the lyrics and the music... Wish I'd 'discovered' him years ago, all the amazing concerts I've missed :(

Can't you do anymore this time?

Hopefully there will be, after the last Dublin gig I went to the bar that was having the after party but left after 1 drink because they’re sound system was awful, ended up in the temple bar instead and had a great night ( what I can remember of it)
Any word on an after party in a pub? I'm here in Dublin with my Mancunian friend having a pre concert ale.

Any word on an after party in a pub? I'm here in Dublin with my Mancunian friend having a pre concert ale.
I’m having a few warm up beers over on O’Connell st, stayed very late in temple bar last night so not venturing over the river till after the gig, the aftershow party is in the grand social just on the north side of the Ha penny bridge, that’s were it was after the last moz gig here, only stayed for 1 drink, good crowd there but the sound system was terrible, sore head material

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom