Gothenburg, Sweden "Autobiography" book signing (Oct. 17, 2013) - reports

Morrissey book signing in Gothenburg, Sweden at Akademibokhandeln Nordstan (Oct. 17, 2013).

Post your info and reports in the comments section below. Other related links (photos, external reviews, etc.) will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Morrissey launches Autobiography with single book signing in Sweden by David Crouch - The Guardian
Hundreds of fans attend bookshop for event billed as singer's sole appearance in Europe to promote memoir

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey visits Gothenburg for exclusive book signing (23 photos) - Julia Reinhart / Demotix

For the launch of his autobiography, the former Smiths frontman Morrissey appeared at Akademibokhandeln in Gothenburg, Sweden for his only book signing event. Fans from around the world queued up for up to 32 hours to get a chance to meet their idol.

Video link posted by an anonymous person:

Here's an interview with two fans, and a video of the signing of their books. Morrissey starts signing at ca. 05.50:

Mimounah fick träffa Morrissey - tv4.se

Link posted by @TheRedRadio / Twitter:

Morrissey book signing - Thursday 17th October 2013 (15 photos) - Contactmusic.com

morrissey-morrissey-book-signing_3910488.jpg

Start of the signing video posted on YouTube, link posted by an anonymous person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KnR3PF3rEI

Last edited:
I think Emil is back in his snickarboa by now, happy and content. I did the joke about Emil who leaved and I am swedish just like him so yes I do speak the language fluently.

What do you mean, because he's talked about his relationships? Everyone knew about Jake. Or because he's talked about his life, which he's done loads before. It's not the end of Moz.

sad because I imagined him to be some mythological creature brooding in a castle in some foreign land and came to the realization today he is human and probably in love with a hairdresser who shops with him at fred segal and lunches with him at the polo lounge in beverly hills. all the romance is gone for me. just a school girl crush gone bad. not hating on the guy. wish him well.

Re: Article: Gothenburg, Sweden "Autobiography" book signing (Oct. 17, 2013) - reports

That's OK. We don't get your jokes either. :D

I got that it was a grammatical error, I just thought given the huge response that warranted a billion laughs that it might be a reference to Breaking Bad or some strange movie I haven't seen.

Re: Article: Gothenburg, Sweden "Autobiography" book signing (Oct. 17, 2013) - reports

I thought this was a great pic (I probably would've been the same)
Sums it up.png

A couple of brevities.

1) Has anyone noticed that Morrissey is wearing a large ring on the ring finger of his left hand? This normally signifies that one is taken.

2) That's the same white denim jacket that he wore to the QOTSA gig back in May 2013, which in itself sparked comments that it was the same jacket from 1992. It wasn't. Also the coloured trousers he was wearing were nearly the same as the QOTSA gig.

3) Emil. Well done fella. I'm very pleased for you for meeting Morrissey and for being so polite to him.

4) Solotumbir. They are indeed lovely shoes that you are wearing. Great sense of style.

5) I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive in the post. Thanks for the leaks, I am enjoying them.

6) I wonder if Alyan Whyte will now revel his side of the story?

looking very healthy,and people said he was finished,oh dear.
come back to the uk moz,we miss you : )

Okay...I like to think of myself as kind of sharp, but I didn't get the joke. :straightface:

For clarification I was just making the point that the original post in which the person said that they "leaved" the bookstore was in excellent English, and that taking the piss out of that small error, knowing full well it was someone writing in a second language, was a bit snide and unpleasant in my opinion.

I understood the point the original poster made completely, and believe it is polite to cut a bit of slack to those who are writing in a foreign language, particularly as their skills in English outstrip my Swedish by a considerable distance.

As the person who took the piss claims to be a Swede themselves it is, if anything, slightly worse. It makes them a bit of a dick, by which I mean an actual dick, and not a flat pack bookcase.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knew that for a fact?

He wouldn't be able to button it up.

Is he petting the roses in that one photo? I'm in love.

He looks pretty good. Nice pictures. Thanks to those that posted.

For clarification I was just making the point that the original post in which the person said that they "leaved" the bookstore was in excellent English, and that taking the piss out of that small error, knowing full well it was someone writing in a second language, was a bit snide and unpleasant in my opinion.

I understood the point the original poster made completely, and believe it is polite to cut a bit of slack to those who are writing in a foreign language, particularly as their skills in English outstrip my Swedish by a considerable distance.

As the person who took the piss claims to be a Swede themselves it is, if anything, slightly worse. It makes them a bit of a dick, by which I mean an actual dick, and not a flat pack bookcase.

johnny you're such a gentleman :)

She was first through the line, don't you know...he unpacked his pens, had a seat and there she was.
Video here.

That was sweet. I love how she still blushes like a school girl when she greets him. There must be an agreement, an arrangement, or something that says she's always first in line. Because she's always been first in line - even when I was third in line and she didn't show up until hours later! But it's great and she represents those of us who are infallibly loyal to Morrissey. I used to be very jealous of her but I've met her a couple of times and she's always been really sweet to me, so I see no reason to feel that way anymore.

Thanks for the link :)

So basically we arrived around 9:30am I believe, and were were about number 90-100 in the queue. I only know this as an estimate because there was a list of people who arrived from very early on, and it only went up to 60. From where the guy who was 60 was in the queue, I estimate we were 90ish. Anyways, we did get slightly worried about how slowly the queue was moving, and it seemed like forever before we got near the front. I know he would likely stay a bit past 7pm, considering how many people were there. I would also guess there was at least 300 more people behind us in the queue, it was very large by about 4pm. I KNEW there was no way he was going to get to everyone unfortunately. I started to sweat as 7:10 came by and we were finally in the front, ready to go in the shop and he was right in front of us. I became seriously concerned that he could leave at any moment for any reason, but the security guard let us and 5 other into the shop. Our feet were inside! Relief! So were finally had out turn and it was fantastic and he was so kind and chatty. Perfect. I would say that another 12-15 people after us were able to get in and meet him, and as we were outside the bookshop chatting, he decided to end the signing and leave for whatever reason, and they shut the glass doors and he was away; about 7:40pm. By my estimates then, pretty much anyone that arrived after 10am or so found themselves going away disappointed that night. So many people were left without getting their chance, and to be honest, it was nobody's fault as everyone he did meet, he took his time with and really seemed to engage and enjoy the contact. He probably had personal commitments, but there were a lot of disappointed faces, and a little agro, as that Northern girl with the quiff tried rushing the doors, swearing, and kicking the glass until she was tackled by several guards. I guess it wouldn't be a Morrissey event until someone get wrestled into submission by uniformed goons?

She was first through the line, don't you know...he unpacked his pens, had a seat and there she was.
Video here.

You'd think by now she wouldn't have to wait in any kind of line... be it for a signing or gig. Maybe it is just symbolic... playing the part of the ultimate 'fan' rather than what she truly is by now, a friend.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom