GQ: "A$AP Rocky Is the Prettiest Man Alive" - Morrissey reportedly features on new A$AP Rocky album (May 19, 2021)

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:

You really are boring . You do this on nearly every topic .
Such a waste of time you are.

"He has appreciated it.

As much as he appreciates anything." such crap. a lie.

Also he doesn't need to say anything he knows when Rocky drops the info , it will get press.

It is provably true that Morrissey has slagged off things he likes - he even said he hated The New York Dolls.

And sitting about waiting for other people to mention him is not optics. It's letting things be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since he actually talked about rap & included a track in his show - whereas he's never said or done anything that would imply he's interested in optics - I'm on steadier ground than you strategic

Good i hate people who use fashion phrases "Optics' etc . How dull.

It amazes me how little you know about Morrissey, as a man. You make excuses for everything ,
He would laugh his nut off at some of the crap you come out with

M has made a load of strategic moves in his career. In fact its his "moves" that some of us like about him

The truth is this , he hated hip hop . then he warmed to it but only on a light level. The only reason he is doing this is due to where he finds himself in his career.

Its a shame it has come to this but who knows he may create a banger.

What has surprised me, is that nobody seems to be talking about the fact hes producing it. This is great news and nice to see M has improved his skill set

Sure, but Morrissey could wear a red shirt and you'd spend 100 posts explaining how it's actually blue. Mentioning Fear of a Black Planet in response to an inquiry about rap is like being asked about rock and roll and saying "Oh yeah, I love The White Album."
brilliant

😶
mentioning fear of black planet in 'response to an
inquiry ( wtf? who is making inquiries about rap?:crazy:)
is 'like' being asked'ABOUT' rock and roll and saying 'yeah i love
the white album'?!?
WTF? what does this mean?o_O
it reads like a FC stray 'subtle'signal transmission.:crazy:

I personally have high hopes for this collaboration and I think Joe Chiccarelli could create a really rich atmosphere with the band accompanying Morrissey as he croons:

"Hold up bitches simmer down
Takin' hella long bitch give it to me now
Make that thing pop like a semi or a nine
Oh baby like it raw with a shimmy shimmy ya
Huh, ASAP get like me
Never met a motherf***er fresh like me
All these motherf***ers wanna dress like me
Put the chrome to your dome make you sweat like Keith
Cause I'm the nigga, the nigga nigga
Like how you figure?
Getting figures and f***in bitches
She rollin' swishers for her bitches
I bought my niggas they getting bent up off the liquor
She love my licorice, I let her lick it
They say money make a nigga act n*****-ish
But at least a nigga nigga rich
I be f***in' broads like I be f***in' bored
Turn a dyke bitch out have her f***in' boys
Beast"

is he still working with Joe Chiccarelli ?

I'm just messing with you. I have no idea. I highly doubt Joe C has anything to do with this particular news item. But Morrissey does seem to like working with him.

Oh.

Yeah, thought he was going with Andrew Watt for the new one, though maybe that’s not really confirmed (?)

really?

Joe Chiccarelli’s productions? time for M to move on, I think. Just for the change, to see what happens.
I agree, I just don't think Watt is the answer. I've lived in LA too long, I'm allergic to these industry douchebags. Curious as always to hear the results, either way.

Sure, but Morrissey could wear a red shirt and you'd spend 100 posts explaining how it's actually blue. Mentioning Fear of a Black Planet in response to an inquiry about rap is like being asked about rock and roll and saying "Oh yeah, I love The White Album."
Had he said The Marshall Mathers LP or something by Kanye, or even Straight Outta Compton, I would be more inclined to agree with you. But Fear of a Black Planet is not at all such an obvious choice. It’s not that well known. It’s not even P.E.’s most famous album (It Takes a Nation...is).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom