Guns

No1uno

Member of the Month™
Subscriber
I have heard/seen morrissey romanticize and criticize guns and violence in song and statement. Do you think he has shot a gun?

What about solo members. If you live in America you may have grown up around them. In every state, you can own one with exceptions. Europe has IPSC, America has USPSA. Does anyone participate in the sport. Obviously I do.

I have heard/seen morrissey romanticize and criticize guns and violence in song and statement. Do you think he has shot a gun?

What about solo members. If you live in America you may have grown up around them. In every state, you can own one with exceptions. Europe has IPSC, America has USPSA. Does anyone participate in the sport. Obviously I do.

I do. I love them...always have.

I love them and own them, too.
Been around them all my life.

Question for gun lovers...what are your favorites?

Last edited:
Being from Texas I surprisingly don't own a gun. I do however love to shoot. I enjoy pistols more than rifles with my favorite being the 1911. On occasion the friends and I go shoot an ar15.

I am completely in favor of people being allowed to have them; provided background checks are performed. And I'm skeptical of anyone wanting to buy anything other than a handgun or a rifle. But yes, I think every man should have one to protect his family and home; and this bullshit about how kids will find them and accidentally slaughter the cat is total f***ing horseshit. Should we ban chainsaws and steak knives, too?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't own it, but my favorite gun is a Mauser c96. I think the design of it is absolutely beautiful.

I looked it up. It looks like Han Solo's gun!

These are pure heaven to compete with. Like a race car

USPSA open division
image.jpg

Why is America sometimes considered a gun-nut nation? Our police only have them here in the UK for certain exceptions like raids, riots etc...

It seems like the shaky 18 year old state trooper from Rappahannock has easier access to a gun than a season UK policeman with 20+ years.

Having said that, some guns are beautiful works of art.

I like the little sub nosed revolvers. Like the one Al Pacino has on Godfather 1 when he shoots Solozzo.

I shot a .22 rifle, I was only a kid at a range. The kick knocked me on my butt and my grandpa said I should try again when I was older, I never did.

No wait...I went to a range again with Bud, my mom's last manfriend. I shot a pistol at a target. I didn't really like it. I'm not a gun person. There's too many stupid people in the world. When our forefather's drafted the constitution and right to bear arms it was in the days it took 20 minutes to pack a musket for one shot, they certainly didn't have semi-automatic machine guns in mind for the average homeowner to protect his Vizio flat screen with.

Guns? Jesus f***ing christ.
As this thread progresses I expect the UK US divide will become pretty stark.
I woulldn't criticise any of you for your opinions, after all, we are what we are and we have all been shaped by our our cultures but a lot of the people in the UK look upon the attitude to guns in the States as pure insanity.
Every time I hear the figures for gun deaths or hear of another massacre I am so thankful that most people here wouldn't know the first thing about how get a firearm.

interesting question No1uno

how do I feel about guns?
that's a tough one, I am a "natural shot"* and outside of being good at nerdy stuff it was the first thing I really excelled at
that path went on a for a while, helping to lead to soldiering and them becoming an integral part of my life
then I made the decision not to bring my
1911_Navy_109967i.jpg

precious with me to college and after, a wise decision in the end, given the crazy path my life went down into, for some time eventually
still, with the family, I still shoot, bit rusty now, but its one of the things we boys in the family do "together"
now its just R., D. & I but there is bond there and there are things we talk about when we go shooting which we don't anywhere else :o
also, worth noting that I had stopped hunting many years before that and the rest of the fam eventually followed suit
all in all, I cannot imagine "my journey" without guns and all that they bring with them
having said that, there is far too much access to them in my homeland and I am all for tougher gun laws, especially those that target gun dealers* who really help perpetuate violence :mad:

ps: yes, I know, there are many honest gun dealers, but right now it is damn near impossible to get rid of the ones that basically are waypoint to the many guns that fill the inner cities of the USA
*=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_point_of_aim
some of us seem to be able to do this without even thinking about it, its defo a matter of genetics, understanding this fascinated for some time when I was younger

Last edited:
Re: interesting question No1uno

how do I feel about guns?
that's a tough one, I am a "natural shot"* and outside of being good at nerdy stuff it was the first thing I really excelled at
that path went on a for a while, helping to lead to soldiering and them becoming an integral part of my life
then I made the decision not to bring my
1911_Navy_109967i.jpg

precious with me to college and after, a wise decision in the end, given the crazy path my life went down into, for some time eventually
still, with the family, I still shoot, bit rusty now, but its one of the things we boys in the family do "together"
now its just R., D. & I but there is bond there and there are things we talk about when we go shooting which we don't anywhere else :o
also, worth noting that I had stopped hunting many years before that and the rest of the fam eventually followed suit
all in all, I cannot imagine being "my journey" without guns and all that they bring with them as being a part of it
having said that, there is far too much access to them in my homeland and I am all for tougher gun laws, especially those that target gun dealers* who really help perpetuate violence :mad:

ps: yes, I know, there are many honest gun dealers, but right now it is damn near impossible to get rid of the ones that basically are waypoint to the many guns that fill the inner cities of the USA
*=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_point_of_aim
some of us seem to be able to do this without even thinking about it, its defo a matter of genetics, understanding this fascinated for some time when I was younger
The usual good sense posting I've come to expect from you Robby.
The divide between our cultures on this is huge. The familiarity voiced here by yourself and the other American posters as opposed to those of us in the UK. I have never even seen a firearm outside of a museum.
It's not just the legality of the things. For example, I feel pretty confident that I could lay my hands on some class A drugs after asking around some. But I certainly couldn't get a gun.
Do you envy this situation Robby or do you think some access is desirable?
( not that I want to go through the well rehearsed gun debate, I' m just interested in your thoughts. You're an interesting fella!)

(Said in deep voice)....."Only gun I've shot...."

Last edited by a moderator:

The divide between our cultures on this is huge. The familiarity voiced here by yourself and the other American posters as opposed to those of us in the UK. I have never even seen a firearm outside of a museum.
It's not just the legality of the things. For example, I feel pretty confident that I could lay my hands on some class A drugs after asking around some. But I certainly couldn't get a gun.
( not that I want to go through the well rehearsed gun debate, I' m just interested in your thoughts. You're an interesting fella!)

Check your inbox.

Depends on who is firing them..............
tumblr_n0ptsaCJkx1rqd0kpo1_400.gif

thanks, and I think you are interesting too :) and you remind me that its the more "American" side of my family that does the gun thing
on the Scottish side, we just go play golf, though every single one of them served in some armed forces and many fought in a war, interesting
and none of them have felt the need to own guns
so yeah, I see both sides, and I would like to think of guns someday being something that we American pass down from one generation to the next
rather than their continued mass manufacture being such an important part in the cycle of:
poverty/drugs -gun violence- security/police -prison - poverty/drugs :crazy:
something has gotta change :straightface:
Depends on who is firing them..............
tumblr_n0ptsaCJkx1rqd0kpo1_400.gif
Natali.jpg

:love:

Back
Top Bottom