Happy Lovers United (?)

God.... If I had anything unreleased it would take me about 2 minutes to post it for everyone to hear. My dick is quite big enough I think.

Stephane or anyone else who has all this stuff.... I'll trade you my extra Bowery Ballroom ticket in exchange for the files.

Then I'll give them away to everyone.

Deal?

Dan,

You're right, sadly, that that is exactly what it boils down to. Back during the DAT and MiniDisc era, I was given some stuff on the stern proviso that I was never to share it. Ever! Under penalty of a good spanking, I suppose?

Needless to say, you can easily find it all on the Internet today.

PENISMIGHTIERTHANTHESWORD,
ADAM

P.S. [Not directed at Dan...] I'll show you mine if you show me yours. (Not that a good chunk of people 'round these parts haven't seen it.)

Dan,

You're right, sadly, that that is exactly what it boils down to. Back during the DAT and MiniDisc era, I was given some stuff on the stern proviso that I was never to share it. Ever! Under penalty of a good spanking, I suppose?

I for one understand that, but if it was my case I would also NEVER say or imply I have it but won't share it :straightface:

Honestly, I think it is very base of you all to harass Stephane and others about uploading these things. And heaven knows, I want to hear them as much as you do. But frankly, its distasteful that you badger them and make implications about them based on the fact that they will not upload things that aren't public domain. You do not know the circumstances, and you should be grateful that they provide us with as much valued information as they do, ESPECIALLY Stephane.

It's from the 'Viva Hate' sessions and remains unreleased. Very VERY few of us have it...

You do not know the circumstances, and you should be grateful that they provide us with as much valued information as they do, ESPECIALLY Stephane.

Interesting turn of phrase - I thought from the first post that you were one of the few...but from the second one, I'm not so sure... do you have it?

If so, please, upload.

Dave

I don't and won't badger folks here that I know have stuff that they are unwilling to distribute. There are well known collectors (not talking of Stephane) that do in fact make it known they have stuff but then won't pass it on. It's their choice and that's fair but I do find it a bit hypocritical. Even if it was provided originally by a band member, unless each and every member of the band that performed on the track states they are cool with it's distribution then they have already violated that trust. So, to use the excuse that it was given to them with the understanding they wouldn't pass it on is rubbish.

Really, it's fine if someone has something and doesn't want to share. Just be "man" enough to enjoy it without looking like a braggart child.

Again, these comments were not directed at any one individual.

(the "my dick is big enough" comment is spot on and made me laugh. Thanks for that)

Interesting turn of phrase - I thought from the first post that you were one of the few...but from the second one, I'm not so sure... do you have it?

If so, please, upload.

Dave

No, I have no tracks than that of anyone else who can search this forum. And if I did, and I knew for a fact that someone in camp Moz did not want it to be released to the public, I would not release it.

I don't and won't badger folks here that I know have stuff that they are unwilling to distribute. There are well known collectors (not talking of Stephane) that do in fact make it known they have stuff but then won't pass it on. It's their choice and that's fair but I do find it a bit hypocritical. Even if it was provided originally by a band member, unless each and every member of the band that performed on the track states they are cool with it's distribution then they have already violated that trust. So, to use the excuse that it was given to them with the understanding they wouldn't pass it on is rubbish.
Really, it's fine if someone has something and doesn't want to share. Just be "man" enough to enjoy it without looking like a braggart child.

Again, these comments were not directed at any one individual.

(the "my dick is big enough" comment is spot on and made me laugh. Thanks for that)

Again, you have no idea the circumstances by which these individuals came across these items or the circumstances with which they keep them. If they're not going to release them and you truly respect that choice, then you will leave it at that. It has nothing to do with them being selfish -- they're Morrissey fans, and themselves, have not had perpetually access to such unreleased treasures. The fact that they're willing to share with us as much as they do incurs that there is a reason why all that is released is released.

Just for the record, I never mentioned Stephane, just that the lyrics were there (as well as the lyrics for "Lifeguard on Duty"). His site is a fantastic resource for me as my age advances and I forget lyrics. :lbf:

I listen to "Honey You Know Where To Find Me" a lot, actually.

Yes Stephane has built a fantastic site and yes he is great and yes, yes, yes. I didn't mean to single him out. I still just don't get why one wouldn't share. I mean how many people in the world possibly care about an obviously sub-par unreleased Morrissey song from 1988? 100 of us dorks here? It's not like you'd be the one leaking Chinese Democracy and having the FBI hunt you down.

Without singling anyone out:

If you are a guy from Canada who has a great website, why would you violate copyright by posting lyrics without permission, but somehow not be able to make the (moral?) stretch to just share the song with a bunch of like-minded wankers like ourselves?

Again, I don't really care that much about hearing the songs, I'm just interested in the rational.

I've tried to say it nicely: if they're not going to share it willingly, leave it at that. The pestering of all of you northern leeches will end up driving away some very valuable resources we have here.

Again, I don't really care that much about hearing the songs, I'm just interested in the rational.

Here's the rational.
1-In order to get what I have, I promised not to distribute it. A promise is a promise. That should be enough.
2-If I broke my promise, I would lose the trust of my sources and cut my chances of getting more.
3-If I broke my promise, I would put the people who trusted me in serious trouble with other higher people (including Morrissey). Why would I want to cause this to people who have been generous to me?

Believe me, if it was only up to me I'd put it all out there. What's the point of visiting the Great Wall of China if there's no one else there to appreciate it with and talk about it?

I have no interest in bragging. In fact a lot of the stuff I've had for years with barely anyone knowing. And nobody knows exactly *what* I have.

I just recently decided that sharing some lyrics here and there wasn't breaking my promise, and who knows, the buzz around those songs creates demand and perhaps the record labels might be able to convince Morrissey to release some of them. It took them almost 10 years to convince Morrissey to re-release Southpaw Grammar. Perhaps with a bit of buzz we will be getting a reissue of "Viva Hate" next, with "Lifeguard On Duty", "Happy Lovers United" and "Safe Warm Lancashire Home" as bonus tracks.

Stephane

I know where you're coming from Stephane though I think its a bit frustrating. That being said for the most part there is a reason these tracks arent release and the fanbase usually isnt missing much. So I really dont see what the fuss is on this one track or in general. Though I do wish if you have it that you would post the lyrics for Home is a Question Mark. I have always wondered what that one was like.

Stephane,

I appreciate ALL you do and ALL you have done. Your website is amazing and I have benefited from it immensely over the years. I know Morrissey owes you, David, etc lots and lots - although he'd probably never admit it :)

Sincerely
Erik (Nashville)

Here's the rational.
1-In order to get what I have, I promised not to distribute it. A promise is a promise. That should be enough.
2-If I broke my promise, I would lose the trust of my sources and cut my chances of getting more.
3-If I broke my promise, I would put the people who trusted me in serious trouble with other higher people (including Morrissey). Why would I want to cause this to people who have been generous to me?

Believe me, if it was only up to me I'd put it all out there. What's the point of visiting the Great Wall of China if there's no one else there to appreciate it with and talk about it?

I have no interest in bragging. In fact a lot of the stuff I've had for years with barely anyone knowing. And nobody knows exactly *what* I have.

I just recently decided that sharing some lyrics here and there wasn't breaking my promise, and who knows, the buzz around those songs creates demand and perhaps the record labels might be able to convince Morrissey to release some of them. It took them almost 10 years to convince Morrissey to re-release Southpaw Grammar. Perhaps with a bit of buzz we will be getting a reissue of "Viva Hate" next, with "Lifeguard On Duty", "Happy Lovers United" and "Safe Warm Lancashire Home" as bonus tracks.

Stephane

Here's the rational.

Stephane

I'd be interested in Lancashire's lyrics.

Stephane, as mentioned in my previous post... I wasn't singling you out nor really referring to you. Just to be clear. I agree with a bit of what you've stated.

I still think it odd that some are willing to receive items that they aren't supposed to have in the first because it wasn't cleared with each and every person involved with the recording. To feel any sort of obligation to "protect" someone that has already violated that trust just seems a bit daft. It sounds more of an excuse than anything.

Again, I won't lose sleep over whether or not people that have want to share or not. I do however respect people like "Mr. Reynolds" that come on here and state they have something and then provide it. If people have items, cool. No one needs to hear about it if it's not going tobe shared unles it's a purely ego thing. If it's a point of raising awareness in hopes to get items released, no one needs to know it is in the person's possession in order to do so. Anyway...

Back
Top Bottom