Happy St Paddy's Day

Jukebox Jury

Retired
To all of our members from the Emmerald Island and descendants all over the world:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Happy St Paddy's Day....

San_patricios_flag.jpg

argh my work had a st paddy's day theme going on .. people had to wear green, bring in green food etc.. I'm an Aussie but born in Ireland and we have a few temps who are backpackers working right now who are actually from Ireland ... I felt like going up to them and apologising, I'm not even sure why. I don't really understand why 2 non Irish people will walk up to each other and wish each other happy St Patrick's day ... it's like me wishing a Mongolian guy happy Thanksgiving.
Why this day makes me bitter I don't know haha ... I need a (not in a can) guinness :p

21 years ago today, outside the Holy Name Church, I met my wife for the very first time. A pair of young students who happened to me meeting up for a St Pat's Day drink, through a mutual friend.

Despite that, he is still my friend :lbf::lbf:

argh my work had a st paddy's day theme going on .. people had to wear green, bring in green food etc.. I'm an Aussie but born in Ireland and we have a few temps who are backpackers working right now who are actually from Ireland ... I felt like going up to them and apologising, I'm not even sure why. I don't really understand why 2 non Irish people will walk up to each other and wish each other happy St Patrick's day ... it's like me wishing a Mongolian guy happy Thanksgiving.
Why this day makes me bitter I don't know haha ... I need a (not in a can) guinness :p

Blame the yanks,they started it all.paddys day,halloween,sanny claus ....

Last edited:
Pokey, cheer the feck up! :) If it makes Mongolians or Americans or even Irish people happy to celebrate the day, more power to 'em.

Ireland, mother Ireland...

HillofTara.jpg

21 years ago today, outside the Holy Name Church, I met my wife for the very first time. A pair of young students who happened to me meeting up for a St Pat's Day drink, through a mutual friend.

Despite that, he is still my friend :lbf::lbf:

:laughing:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jukebox Jury

Sláinte and God bless Guinness forever.

bollocks to Kilkenny give me a pint of Beamish any day :horny:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5mLyQXcKEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5mLyQXcKEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I just noticed this.

goldcolumn.jpg

The logo is from Saint Patrick's Battalion who fought against the United States in the Mexican American War. THey were made up mostly of Irish men who defected from the US Army from what I understood and later tried for dessent.

Back
Top Bottom