Hardcore/powerviolence

Never heard of "powerviolence" before, but here is some hardcore for you. The amazing Discharge...

ahhh I love Discharge!! Powerviolence is basically grindcore/fast crust (like Discharge) mixed with both hardcore punk and sludge elements.
Here's probably the best example:

Never fails to amaze me that people give labels to this stuff. Powerviolence/hardcore/crust/thrash - whatever - who cares? If you like it, enjoy it, why pigeonhole it. I saw an online argument about a Dropdead recording, some insisting it's powerviolence, others saying ultra-speed punk - no one cares - just enjoy it

It’s all about beats per min. I do enjoy and listen to lots of loud heavy fast music but I never got into the sludge gloom doom elements. I love daughters and stuff like the blood brothers. As a result it’s always weird to me when people say this or that morrissey song is loud or to harsh because what I think of as loud and harsh doesn’t come close to a morrissey song

Never fails to amaze me that people give labels to this stuff. Powerviolence/hardcore/crust/thrash - whatever - who cares? If you like it, enjoy it, why pigeonhole it. I saw an online argument about a Dropdead recording, some insisting it's powerviolence, others saying ultra-speed punk - no one cares - just enjoy it
i think categorising music in genres is necessary because there are so many different sounds, and if you want more of something, it shouldn't be too hard to find! imagine if everything got called punk instead of the subgenres. how do you differentiate the clash, gorilla biscuits, earth crisis and dropdead then? but i totally understand your point!

i think categorising music in genres is necessary because there are so many different sounds, and if you want more of something, it shouldn't be too hard to find! imagine if everything got called punk instead of the subgenres. how do you differentiate the clash, gorilla biscuits, earth crisis and dropdead then? but i totally understand your point!
No, I meant it's pointless getting into arguments about it - one person says a band is one thing, another person says it's something else. That's pointless.

Back
Top Bottom