Morrissey Central "Harlem Apollo, NYC" - residency / gigs / Album release in March (Dec 30, 2019)

In May 2004 Morrissey played a week of sold-out concerts at the famous Harlem Apollo in New York City. In response to invitations to do another one-week residency in Harlem for May 2020, Morrissey has said he would be delighted to return.
Morrissey's new studio album I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN is set for worldwide release on Friday 13 March 2020. The album was recorded in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli, and is a collection of eleven new songs.
Concerts are also planned for Russia.

20191231_000412.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/harlem-apollo-nyc

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Poor old Steve.
He knows he can never play in his home country again unless he's willing to put up with venues half the size he's used to, and well organised, high-profile protests every night denouncing his idiotic views and actions.
There is an answer, Steve. A clear, unambiguous statement denouncing the ugliness of the right-wing politics and parties you have clumsily associated yourself with in the last two years.

Poor old Steve.
He knows he can never play in his home country again unless he's willing to put up with venues half the size he's used to, and well organised, high-profile protests every night denouncing his idiotic views and actions.
There is an answer, Steve. A clear, unambiguous statement denouncing the ugliness of the right-wing politics and parties you have clumsily associated yourself with in the last two years.

What exactly are these right-wing views you don’t like, Maurice E. Marr? Please tell us what your political views are?

Another residency? The way things are going, I can see him in a year or two doing a forty week residency in Las Vegas, probably at the Sands Hotel.

I would assume one would need to be a little more mainstream than Morrissey to land a residency at the Sands.

If it was me, with a band who can play a huge portion of the back catalogue, I would make sure each night was unique with wildly varying setlists. There is no limit to how fresh Moz could make it. B-sides, accoustic versions, alternative versions. But I bet it's gonna be the same setlist every night with minuscule changes.
That would be amazing...but never happen. Maybe we could get just a wee bit more variety. Please:pray:

I can't wait for his I didn't say it! You never actually saw those words tumble out of my mouth oh holy shit, there's a tape recording of it publicity tour, followed by the I blame the record company for my new album landing with a thud reminiscent of a walrus thrown from a clock tower moan, followed by his the tour was a smashing success to eclipse even the success of the Beatles and Rolling stones all in one despite several cancellations, public tantrums, and several poorly sold dates including the faulty heater which bested me blog when it's all over.

Poor old Steve.
I suppose momentum need a new project . Last one went well. Pondlife.

2020 is going to be a wonderful year for Moz.

I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN is going to be a knock out. The soundtrack of 2020 is coming.
I'm also looking forward to the new Cure album which was supposed to be released in 2019. I guess there are a few hours to go!

Hermosa foto con un Moz divinoo epocas aquellas donde Morrissey tenia exquisito gusto por la ropa ,que vuelva a vestirse asiii !!!tendra gira, nuevo disco gran año 2020 para Moz !!!!pero a cambiar el vestuario !!!!!! Ese pantalon es perfecto para M ,mas de esoo porfavor Mozzzz!!!! Y menos declaraciones de politica= en este aspecto : Menos es Mass, !!!!!!!!!!!!

didn't trump just tip putin off about someone coming to russia? this news can't be good. vladimir, don't you think they know?

As an audience member I'd love it, but I can appreciate why he never does this. The more songs they do, the higher the likelihood that someone will f*** up, or together just put in a sloppy performance. It's just too much work involved for the band and Morrissey to be 'match ready' for so many songs.
“Too much work”. Lol! It’s too much work to add variety to a 70-80 minute set list? THAT’s the job. Morrissey’s pure f***ing laziness mixed with his band’s incompetence are the real factors in this. They won’t because they CAN’T.

...and why bother making an effort? Week-long residencies in easy markets, with discounted tickets and seat-fillers? No-brainer for a slack cog like Steve. If he could sell tickets in Vegas, he’d move there and pull a 2 year string, minus the dates he cancels because his pussy hurts. Onsite lodgings and laundry for the band and their shitty t-shirts, wheels of Kerrygold, plenty of vodka and oodles of convalescent seating for his current fans - who can’t walk and chew bubble-gum at the same time. Would be a win-win for all!

I would assume one would need to be a little more mainstream than Morrissey to land a residency at the Sands.
Mainstream? You mean successful enough to sell seats and show up with a competent band? ...neither of which fall within the purview of Melvis.

Back up and back at it!! Very exciting news! The momentum hasn't dulled, that's for sure...the new album leaks should be right around the corner.

To be fair to Morrissey, I think he played 54 different songs last year which isn't bad at all compared to many other acts who started at around the same time.

A quick check shows that U2 played 30 different songs and Duran Duran played 33.

I'm sure there are plenty of others who played more, but Morrissey switches the set around a lot more than some.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom