Have you ever thought about suicide?

Have you ever thought about suicide?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No. Never. What the hell is wrong with you?

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes. All the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Given the history of the poster, isn't there something of the flamebaiter and troll here? 'To be or not to be': the fundamental question is as old as the hills. One must be in some sort of denial to never imagine circumstances in which the second becomes a viable option, while hoping to avoid them, or fix them if and when they happen, and thrive to a ripe old age instead.

For other people's sake and appropriateness for the time of year, how about nudging this over into the pigsty, to wallow in the mud, rustle for truffles, soar on the pig's back, ham it up...?

Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bobtails ring:Making spirits bright
What fun it is to laugh and sing
A sleighing song tonight!

Ohhh....:guitar:

Given the history of the poster, isn't there something of the flamebaiter and troll here?

I find it interesting that 28.5% of your posts are in response to this individual. Well, maybe not interesting. :straightface:

Given the history of the poster, isn't there something of the flamebaiter and troll here? 'To be or not to be': the fundamental question is as old as the hills. One must be in some sort of denial to never imagine circumstances in which the second becomes a viable option, while hoping to avoid them, or fix them if and when they happen, and thrive to a ripe old age instead.

For other people's sake and appropriateness for the time of year, how about nudging this over into the pigsty, to wallow in the mud, rustle for truffles, soar on the pig's back, ham it up...?

Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bobtails ring:Making spirits bright
What fun it is to laugh and sing
A sleighing song tonight!

Ohhh....:guitar:

so, tell us all, what are you're other usernames here? :p

so, tell us all, what are you're other usernames here? :p

I chime in when my perspective might be useful. We've got to sift through the deluge of claims on our attention here. Some noices are noticed more than others.

There's an MNM amongst you over there - not Mr Morrissey and Mr Marr, whose elastic vibrations reach us here quite naturally - but a more angry boy who's sometimes summoning. He sings, 'you only get one shot'. Do you know him? Well, he's partly right and partly wrong. It's one shot, each time round. Opting out means that you fall back and face similar situations the next time you're sent to catch up.

Your reaction to your worst irritation is where you might find your opportunity that comes once in a lifetime. F*ck it, or fix it, but move, get satisfying yourself, in no matter how insignificant a way first. Time goes by. Grab it on the wing and waltz.

I am the clock on the wall.

I chime in when my perspective might be useful. We've got to sift through the deluge of claims on our attention here. Some noices are noticed more than others.

There's an MNM amongst you over there - not Mr Morrissey and Mr Marr, whose elastic vibrations reach us here quite naturally - but a more angry boy who's sometimes summoning. He sings, 'you only get one shot'. Do you know him? Well, he's partly right and partly wrong. It's one shot, each time round. Opting out means that you fall back and face similar situations the next time you're sent to catch up.

Your reaction to your worst irritation is where you might find your opportunity that comes once in a lifetime. F*ck it, or fix it, but move, get satisfying yourself, in no matter how insignificant a way first. Time goes by. Grab it on the wing and waltz.

I am the clock on the wall.

pancake_bunny.jpg

My understanding is that it is a combination of medication and cognitive therapy that really help you change your perspective. The thing is there are a lot of valid reasons to feel hopeless. That's a fact. I get depressed by suffering that I know is happening all around me that I can't do anything about and sometimes feel it would be better if we were all erased. Two thoughts on that, though. There is also all kinds of good stuff happening all around us too, and I think that maybe seeking that out instead of the darkness can actually change and have an effect on your relationships and people and situations you deal with and actually make things better. Feeling pain and being aware of suffering doesn't make it go away. If you don't ever try to do anything about it especially, it just makes you feel worse, and you spread that negativity around.

People get angry with this because they have their own problems. Maybe mistakenly they believe you are using these threads to seek sympathy. But maybe you're just trying to start a discussion on some serious issues.

100% truth, it gets old and annoying for the reasons above and plus the fact that at any second we could launch into WWIII and be dead in 20 minutes or so and yet we're all trying to have some kind of positive interconnections and have a reason not to blow our own brains out. So don't take it personally because you're just someone representing that nagging thought about how fragile everyone's existence is.

But... if can't talk about suicide on a Morrissey forum, where are you supposed to go? Right? So I think everyone should relax, and don't read it if you don't want to see it. Otherwise give the benefit of the doubt and treat it like a discussion. A lot of interesting people have committed suicide or been suicidal (and a lot recovered) and I don't really see the reason for the anger that someone would want to talk about it. If you feel it's a pity party then decline the invitation. :thumb:
Great post!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom