Morrissey Central "HELLO HELL" (April 19, 2021)

HELLO HELL

April 19, 2021

"This is my first comment (and hopefully my last) on The Simpsons' episode - which I know has enraged many people. The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce. I think this is generally understood and is the reason why I am so carelessly and noisily attacked. You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions. Limitations have been placed on art, and no label will sign an artist who might answer back. Anyway, forgive me, we all know this because we can see how music - and the world in general, has become a mesmerizing mess, and we must let it go spinning along unbearably because free speech no longer exists. We all know this. In my case, nothing about my life has ever been matter-of-fact; nothing about my songs has ever been matter-of-fact … so why would they now be? Since my very first interview several decades ago I have lived with horrible accusations to such a degree that it is generally understood that 'this is how we write about Morrissey'. In other words, I'm quite used to it. I've had enough horror thrown at me that would kill off a herd of bison. Accusations usually come from someone with a crazed desire for importance; they don't operate at a very high level. Writing for The Simpsons, for example, evidently requires only complete ignorance. But all of these things are too easy for me to say. In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me. Often, the scandal sheets (do we STILL refer to them as 'news'papers?) attempt to psychologically wound an artist, and then, hopefully stir up enough hatred against that artist so that s/he is physically wounded. False theories of race are now the most common (and boring) aspect of all criticism, and will continue to be so until accusations of racism are in themselves illicit. I have watched 'Smiths fans' being attacked by the UK press on the grounds that 'Smiths fans' are too backward to understand the person that I am; I have watched the modern Morrissey audience be ridiculed by the UK press with the belief that they, too, couldn't possibly know who I am, and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism. This battle fatigue I face alone, although I am very grateful to the writer Fiona Dodwell for her eloquent appraisals of the victimization that now automatically associates with my name, and on which The Simpsons latest episode feasts.
People continually ask me why I do not retaliate - especially following the Sky Sports open slander. The answer is explained in the first few lines of this comment. Life is difficult and you must face it on your own, and even with the impossible-to-imagine legal artillary, everything can be repaired … except the human heart.

It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

MORRISSEY
19 April 2021, Los Angeles.

Morrissey_Band_G013_copy_2_vq4iws.jpg

Edit: That picture appears to be by Travis Shinn, from the same session that produced the inner sleeve pictures of Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is called satire.

Dear God
It was satire the way the portrayed him as a super exaggerated caricature of his personality and they did a pretty good job of that but they did use a lot of tired methods that one just comes to expect at this point.

For someone who knows of Morrissey but doesn't really know him the take-away would be that he actually now eats meat. That's not satire.. that's a deliberate misrepresentation of who he is.

If you use satire to make fun of Trump but it suddenly has him a pedophile that's flat out being dishonest about the things you dislike about him.

It was satire the way the portrayed him as a super exaggerated caricature of his personality and they did a pretty good job of that but they did use a lot of tired methods that one just comes to expect at this point.

For someone who knows of Morrissey but doesn't really know him the take-away would be that he actually now eats meat. That's not satire.. that's a deliberate misrepresentation of who he is.

If you use satire to make fun of Trump but it suddenly has him a pedophile that's flat out being dishonest about the things you dislike about him.

The Trump analogy is not a good one as he has been accused of many credible instances of pedophilia. Google it.

The Simpsons satire is over the top. that is the realm of cartoons.You can depict crazy things like Quilloughby shooting sausages at his audience. No one would think Morrissey would really do that. Would they?

What a self important prick. Miserable man with miserable music. I chose technotronic over this :)

'Defamatory'

As I've told you all before, he can whine as much as he like, but he hasn't the guts to take it to court and risk everyone being legally able to call him a racist.

And, sweet mother of God, they actually went with the 'he can't be racist, he has black friends' line.

Good grief
You're f***ed

The Trump analogy is not a good one as he has been accused of many credible instances of pedophilia. Google it.

The Simpsons satire is over the top. that is the realm of cartoons.You can depict crazy things like Quilloughby shooting sausages at his audience. No one would think Morrissey would really do that. Would the

The Simpsons satire is over the top. that is the realm of cartoons.You can depict crazy things like Quilloughby shooting sausages at his audience. No one would think Morrissey would really do that. Would they?
The Simpsons had Ted Nugent on as a guest voice actor, portraying himself and yet did they ever mention his personal history with underage girls?

Apparently, words and opinions are worse than actions, according to Simpsons writers.

The Simpsons had Ted Nugent on as a guest voice actor, portraying himself and yet did they ever mention his personal history with underage girls?

Apparently, words and opinions are worse than actions, according to Simpsons writers.
I don’t think portraying sex with underage girls is cartoon material. Do you?

Bowie wades in..

Isn't it a metapher for his slaughterhouse videos, shown at concerts for years?

i cant stand the bloke anymore but here you are wasting your time on a website dedicated to the bloke you cant stand.make your mind up.
Freak shows have been doing good business for centuries now, and this one is free!

Freak shows have been doing good business for centuries now, and this one is free!
ah well as long as your enjoying yourself,fool.

ah well as long as your enjoying yourself,fool.

The output of the Smiths and Morrissey has shaped my life for nearly twenty years now. I find the man an arse, and many of his views abhorrent. His legacy may well be lost to tattooed American vegans and middle aged "I'm not racist, but..." nostalgia merchants, but that shouldn't mean I can't talk to other like minded souls in the darkness that, actually, Southpaw Grammar has its moments and the drum outro of Mama Lay Softly... is bloody good.

Isn't it a metapher for his slaughterhouse videos, shown at concerts for years?
I know they sometimes have hot dog cannons at US sports games. Beyond that I didn't see much significance other than it reminded me a bit of Sid Vicious shooting at the audience at the end of the My Way video.

The output of the Smiths and Morrissey has shaped my life for nearly twenty years now. I find the man an arse, and many of his views abhorrent. His legacy may well be lost to tattooed American vegans and middle aged "I'm not racist, but..." nostalgia merchants, but that shouldn't mean I can't talk to other like minded souls in the darkness that, actually, Southpaw Grammar has its moments and the drum outro of Mama Lay Softly... is bloody good.
if i thought someone was an arse and his views abhorrent then i wouldnt be anywhere near a website dedicated to that person.the trouble with people who absolutely hate M is that M sits in the back of their mind 24 hours a day,for me its a very unhealthy way of life.

if i thought someone was an arse and his views abhorrent then i wouldnt be anywhere near a website dedicated to that person.the trouble with people who absolutely hate M is that M sits in the back of their mind 24 hours a day,for me its a very unhealthy way of life.

You're welcomed to have a browse of my posts. Sure, there's some poking of the bear that is absolutely batshit Morrissey obsessives who the man would run a mile from if he were confronted with them, but I am enjoying the A-Z threads, discussing the music and penmanship, live aspects of his shows, etc. I'm waiting for someone at work to respond to an email at present, so why not have a look at how the bloke who grew up round the corner from me and became an actual headcase is embarrassing himself this week? And, to add to that, to see the Olympic-level mental gymnastics the obsessives are doing in order to justify it.

Yet you do post quite a lot of comments about people on here whose opinions you dislike. Isn't that broadly the same thing? You could just ignore the comments, as many people do, and just stick to the music.

I know they sometimes have hot dog cannons at US sports games. Beyond that I didn't see much significance other than it reminded me a bit of Sid Vicious shooting at the audience at the end of the My Way video.
You come across as someone who doesn't like Morrissey or at least has no respect for him. Your profile photo says it all.

Sid Vicious didn't care about animal rights there were rumours he even killed a cat. Sid Vicious wasn't a vegan or vegetarian. Then there was the Nazi symbolism stuff which I found sick.

The makers of The Simpsons are ignorant people. They are not whiter than white themselves. There is lots of dodgy stuff out there about them. Michael Jackson fans have already been researching them since 2019. Sid Vicious was a troubled soul who came from a very troubled background his mother was a very strange woman and then there was the drug addiction and heroin. I don't understand what went on with Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen. Sid Vicious was born in 1957 the same generation as Morrissey but they are very different people! Morrissey was born 1959. Michael Jackson was born 1958. Michael Jackson was a great animal lover and a gentle soul. Morrissey is a gentle soul he wouldn't hurt a fly. Shooting sausage is something Morrissey would never do. If the sausages were not veggie sausages or vegan then they were probably made of pork that is from a pig a great animal. Morrissey cares deeply about animal rights. What is hot dog cannons I have never heard of that? Morrissey and the late Michael Jackson are both victims of The Simpsons cartoon. They were both friends with the late Dick Gregory.

Free speech is being able to discuss ideas - when people get harassed & mocked for speaking out that's a social control tactic to shut them up.
he's not being mocked for simply "speaking out" like he wants to portray. Nor is he being mocked and ignored by record labels or whatever else he's crying about because he dares to have an opinion and all this other hilarious strawman rubbish. The Simpsons made fun of him, big deal lol

I wouldn't like to imagine what would happen if a belligerent audience member at one of the future concerts shouted "Quilloughbyyyyyy!!!" or "Hamburger is Homicide" between songs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom