Help Please: Searching for a Song in the Film, 'Nil by Mouth'

vaca peluda

Pissed Aunt Sally
Hello there.

I was wondering if you could help me try and hunt down a song off a film which was back in the 90's called, 'Nil by Mouth'

If you're unaware of it, it starred Kathy Burke and Ray Winstone, and the screenplay was by Gary Oldman.

I have no idea what the song is called so I'm going to explain the scene of which the tune in question falls upon.

Scene: Kathy's brother, Billy, is a heroin addict and he needs a hit pretty badly. He asks his mother, Janet, if she can take him. Naturally, she is reluctant but does so for the sake of his habit.

She takes him to his junkie dealers, he gets the smack, and then sits in the back of his mothers car and shoots up. At that scene, there's a track and still to this day from 1997, it bugs the hell out of me, 'cause i've got literally no idea who it's by.

You see, for years I was adamant that it was some Portishead or Massive Attack mega-rarity 'cause it's in that category but then again lots of songs were in that genre in the 1997.

Any help would be fantastic and I'd be massively grateful if you could put a great tune to my favourite film of all time. I know that the soundtrack was composed by Eric Clapton and there's an artist called, Frances Ashman. Pretty sure it's not both of those.

Ta'!

I haven't watched the film for ages, don't remember what music was played.

I suggest you to go to your local library, ask if they have copies of Sight and Sound.
Islington Central Library has them, ask if you can read 1997 September or October issue.
S&S lists all the details of the films realeased in UK cinema including soundtrack.

I haven't watched the film for ages, don't remember what music was played.

I suggest you to go to your local library, ask if they have copies of Sight and Sound.
Islington Central Library has them, ask if you can read 1997 September or October issue.
S&S lists all the details of the films realeased in UK cinema including soundtrack.

Thank you to you both. Your quick responses are very much appreciated.

A weight has been lifted as I've hunted it down!

Ta' very much
-vaca

Back
Top Bottom