Help, please

Firefox just released version 1.5.0.4 -- do you know if you updated? If not, why not try that? If you did, I'd suggest just ditching all Firefox files and reinstalling from scratch.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

An alternative hypothesis is that Forum Moderators have removed posting privileges for you -- though I doubt it since, clearly, you are not contaminating the forums and can post on IE :).

-D.

Damiel said:
Firefox just released version 1.5.0.4 -- do you know if you updated? If not, why not try that? If you did, I'd suggest just ditching all Firefox files and reinstalling from scratch.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

An alternative hypothesis is that Forum Moderators have removed posting privileges for you -- though I doubt it since, clearly, you are not contaminating the forums and can post on IE :).

-D.
I just did this and it had no effect whatsoever.

OK, take a look at this thread -- important part near the bottom:

http://forums.devarticles.com/suggestions-feedback-55/firefox-forum-inputs-problem-29916.html

Problem Solved
On a hunch I looked at my options and noticed that
"Load Images - for the originating web site only" was checked.
The browser interpreted the images as coming from another site. I unchecked it, reloaded the page, and there they are.

Let me know if that does not work and we'll take it from there again.

-D.

looks like some other images are missing from the screenshot. Do you have some sort of blocker? The affected images are on images.morrissey-solo.com.

davidt said:
looks like some other images are missing from the screenshot. Do you have some sort of blocker? The affected images are on images.morrissey-solo.com.
How do I find out if I have a blocker?

are you missing images from the main page and other sites? This appears to be a browser issue on your specific system. Check your system for any recently installed programs or reinstall firefox.

Hi dazzak,
Try this:
Tools>Delete Personal Data (or something like that, I'm using another language).
You should see a window with seven boxes, be sure to check them all and then hit delete.
Log out then log in. I don't have windows at home, I am using a Mac but it should be the same.
Screenshot here:

Last edited:
I reinstalled Firefox and did that thing, El Manzo. Nothing still. And it's only this forum that has something wrong.

If re-booting is what I think it is (simply turning off the PC), then yes, I have done this dozens of times as the problem first arose a good few days ago.

How about this:

- On this forum, on the top left, click on "User CP."
- On that screen, on the left-hand nav, click on "Edit Options"
- Near the bottom of that screen, under "Forum Skin" section -- just pick a different skin and save changes.

Perhaps this will produce a new set of graphics and "force" your browser to render them. If that works, trying going back to your original skin.

We're trying, Dazzak :)

-D.

P.S. - Just noticed there is a way to change skins at the bottom of every screen in this forum -- scroll down; bottom left. Try both ways if still troublesome.

Last edited:
Damiel said:
How about this:

- On this forum, on the top left, click on "User CP."
- On that screen, on the left-hand nav, click on "Edit Options"
- Near the bottom of that screen, under "Forum Skin" section -- just pick a different skin and save changes.

Perhaps this will produce a new set of graphics and "force" your browser to render them. If that works, trying going back to your original skin.

We're trying, Dazzak :)

-D.

P.S. - Just noticed there is a way to change skins at the bottom of every screen in this forum -- scroll down; bottom left. Try both ways if still troublesome.
Still the same, just in brown.

dazzak said:
I reinstalled Firefox and did that thing, El Manzo. Nothing still. And it's only this forum that has something wrong.

If re-booting is what I think it is (simply turning off the PC), then yes, I have done this dozens of times as the problem first arose a good few days ago.

Mhmmm...seems like a problem with your Firefox profile.
When you reinstalled Firefox did you make sure that a new profile folder was created? The profile folder is a separate place where all your settings of Firefox are stored (including cookies, cache, even log-in passwords). Firefox should create by default a new profile folder on its first run, but if it finds an old one it just use it, keeping all the settings, that in your case might be corrupted.
The thing you should try is to delete the old profile and create a new one or simply create a new one to test the system. Try this link:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#locate

El Manzo said:
Mhmmm...seems like a problem with your Firefox profile.
When you reinstalled Firefox did you make sure that a new profile folder was created? The profile folder is a separate place where all your settings of Firefox are stored (including cookies, cache, even log-in passwords). Firefox should create by default a new profile folder on its first run, but if it finds an old one it just use it, keeping all the settings, that in your case might be corrupted.
The thing you should try is to delete the old profile and create a new one or simply create a new one to test the system. Try this link:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#locate
I love you.

Tabs is the main reason. This allows you to have around 5 websites open in the same window, which means no more '5 internet explorers open' milarky.
Then its generally better. Stability (meaning less crashing) is a big thing for me, along with your downloads being in a nice 'downloads' box. I guess its system means you are no longer overloaded with windows like i usually was with I.E.

It's also better at stopping spyware/malware etc which have worked thier way through I.E's vulnerability. Finally, you can get these cool little extentions added on to it.. Atm I have 'Mouse gestures' which let you go forward and backwards by using your mouse buttons ;)

I think maybe one or two in the past, but certainly not often. I get around this by having an extension called 'I.E tab' which lets you open a new tab but as I.E if you get me.

Back
Top Bottom