Helsinki - Finlandia (Nov. 15, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Staircase At The University / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Not A Man / Meat Is Murder // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by docinwestchester, corrected by Matti.

• Kramkalas med magiska Morrissey, review by Janne Strang (1 photo by Janne Strang) - Hbl.fi. Link posted by Morran.
  • Photos by Vesa Moilanen (9 total) - Rex. Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi.
  • Photos by Astrogirl / Tumblr (10 total). Link posted by docinwestchester.

helsinki1.jpg
  • Photos by Ville Paganus / Flickr (8 total). Link posted by Wiltteri.

helsinki_wide.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder why was it no for girls or I suppose the guys are braver to push themselves there anytime they get chance. well good for them

Yes, the security guys stopped most of us. Several times. I had to return to my back seat from the stairs. Some lucky guys made it to the front but it was a definite NO for the ladies who tried the same. Oh well, enough said!

Yes, the security guys stopped most of us. Several times. I had to return to my back seat from the stairs. Some lucky guys made it to the front but it was a definite NO for the ladies who tried the same. Oh well, enough said!
I only went down the stairs once and didn't even consider going again - I'm a "law-abiding" sheep! But going to the front never crossed my mind. I was only hoping that it would have improved the atmosphere if people had come down from the back seats and started to dance a bit. But noooo - it's not allowed....

Excellent pics, Wiltteri!

I don't know why that has relevance to them wearing the shirts.

my understanding is that Moz wasn't particularly schooled on Cash until his nephew got involved with Johnny's granddaughter. obviously he's become an admirer. there's the relevance for you.

(side note tidbit -- Roseanne Cash wasn't familiar with The Smiths/Morrissey's work until Sam married her daughter. she's allegedly quite a fan now.)

nice new pic eurydice. fred's a lucky man if not inappropriate to say. i can easily see how moz could be a fan of cash. surprised he wasnt before then

my understanding is that Moz wasn't particularly schooled on Cash until his nephew got involved with Johnny's granddaughter. obviously he's become an admirer. there's the relevance for you.

(side note tidbit -- Roseanne Cash wasn't familiar with The Smiths/Morrissey's work until Sam married her daughter. she's allegedly quite a fan now.)

I just read an interesting article on her writing process in Smithsonian Magazine if anyone's interested in pursuing her. Cool lady, I didn't know she was his nephew's mother-in-law. Hope he knows to send her flowers on his wife's birthday. :D

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...nd-the-many-meanings-of-love-90089114/?no-ist

I stood in one of the back rows, and enjoyed the show. I could see ok, the audio was loud enought for me to hear, and I felt no need to shake hands with him, or to promote my fandom by getting onstage and hug the man.

you guys who attend this concert, I can see there was no barrier between stage and audience as someone mention, was there any chance to go backstage to greet the band after the show, did anyone ask? like meet-and-greet..sorry last time I went to a concert was in my teens and early 20s, do not know how it is nowadays, and never been to concert in Scandinavia...seems more open in way with no barrier and all but then closed with the seating and much security..heard he did last time in Finland many years ago

I stood in one of the back rows, and enjoyed the show. I could see ok, the audio was loud enought for me to hear, and I felt no need to shake hands with him, or to promote my fandom by getting onstage and hug the man.

You mean you can be a fan without being front row center for every single show and claiming on Instagram that you have a bachelor's degree and work full time so why shouldn't you be able to afford to do this?!?! Amazing.

Really? Usually James Dean and Johnny Cash go hand in hand. Well, all those Mexicans in LA like Rockabilly, but not Johnny Cash, so I guess it makes sense.

Really? Usually James Dean and Johnny Cash go hand in hand. Well, all those Mexicans in LA like Rockabilly, but not Johnny Cash, so I guess it makes sense.

When are you going to take a f***ing hint and leave? Go back to FYAD. Go troll reddit. I don't f***ing care, just stop f***ing trolling Morrissey.

Johnny Marr has always cited Cash as an influence, so Morrissey has probably always like JC, too. Maybe more so now than ever before (for the reason you mentioned) but he's also a fan of rockabilly. I guess I'm not surprised by the shirt.

The correct setlist is:
The Queen Is Dead
Suedehead
Speedway
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Staircase At The University
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Trouble Loves Me
The Bullfighter Dies
Yes, I Am Blind
Istanbul
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
Kiss Me A Lot
I'm Not A Man
Meat Is Murder
// Everyday Is Like Sunday

Anybody know what music was played from the speakers right before the movie started?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom