Here we go again another fake

What RC editor? Name, please? RC hasn't had an editor that knows his Morrissey records for ages. If they did why would they ask outsiders to price Morrissey records for their RRPG, write their top rarities lists etc...
The editor was Ian McCann, I asked his about the issue involving the brown Youngest and clear Kiss You 7" records in 2011, he got back with me after getting in touch with a rep from the USA part of Sanctuary/BMG and confirmed that a handful of these were pressed as test pressing to be made available as limited edition pressings of 300 for a contest drawing on a official Morrissey/Sanctuary website, but the site never took off and plans were scrapped.

The editor was Ian McCann, I asked his about the issue involving the brown Youngest and clear Kiss You 7" records in 2011, he got back with me after getting in touch with a rep from the USA part of Sanctuary/BMG and confirmed that a handful of these were pressed as test pressing to be made available as limited edition pressings of 300 for a contest drawing on a official Morrissey/Sanctuary website, but the site never took off and plans were scrapped.

So, RC and Mr McCann got back to me. He's never heard about these records and can't remember ever been asked about them. Which makes you Darby/Roky/whatevs a fantasist (no surprise there).

As a smarter person than me pointed out: If an editor of RC has an opinion about these records why are they not present in the RRPG?

OOPS :paranoid:

So, RC and Mr McCann got back to me. He's never heard about these records and can't remember ever been asked about them. Which makes you Darby/Roky/whatevs a fantasist (no surprise there).

As a smarter person than me pointed out: If an editor of RC has an opinion about these records why are they not present in the RRPG?

Could also just mean Mr Mcann has not got much of a memory, why so quick to judge.can't remember being asked a question about the color of a vinyl pressing 4 years ago, why is that surprising the RC not massive Moz fans they always get others to write any Moz/ smiths articles, from what I remember.

I could really care less if you believe me or not.

No biters? what do we think? i'm fishing.

I bid on a lot on a lot of smiths moz stuff (as most of us on here probably do) and i recognise a few of the bidders IDs on this item, i'd say they're clued up on whats legit and whats not, unless we are all unsure and just takin a chance on it. But surely if it is legit, it would have cropped up well before now?

I bid on a lot on a lot of smiths moz stuff (as most of us on here probably do) and i recognise a few of the bidders IDs on this item, i'd say they're clued up on whats legit and whats not, unless we are all unsure and just takin a chance on it. But surely if it is legit, it would have cropped up well before now?

The same catalogue number as an other item never come across that. Would love it to be real don't think it is.

A lack of background information on these pressings make it so easy to label them fake but darby's post regarding their legitimacy is actually quite informative and seems very plausible. I was never convinced by these coloured vinyl but now im more 50/50 in my thinking.

I'm inclined to say real, with the caveat I may be wrong. Hope this helps.

The seller is a member on here and has listed some decent moz stuff in the past. I'd take the guys word for it but I still wouldn't buy them

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Take your word for it? lol

For me the M's aren't right, the loops in the R's aren't large enough and the bottom of the autograph isn't straight enough. Because these traits don't seem to match up in both autographs I'd err on the side of caution.

There are always exceptions to the rule with autographs but if you're buying, you know nothing about the seller, who "collected" it, etc, then always go for something which is bang on.

Last edited:
Tags
#strangewaysherewecome autograph newfavethread signature signed
Back
Top Bottom