Highland Park, IL - Ravinia Festival (Sep. 14, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
You’re Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Lady Willpower / Wedding Bell Blues / Morning Starship / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / Everyday Is Like Sunday / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack the Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of @Case

• Ravinia Festival photos (7 total)

full

Last edited:
Steves doing great. He sounds better than ever. All he needs is a little hair cut and a good nights sleep and he's gonna be A+ by Texas.
totally agree,the voice is the best its ever been,my point was that people are still yearning for the smiths Morrissey and he is no longer with us,enjoy the older greying Morrissey and you will be fine.

Moz is over the peak of his career in terms of numbers attending his gigs, there's no shame in admitting that. However, it seems that your overly pessimistic views are not supported by the numbers either. The tour is doing better than some of you predicted.
agree,it was predicted on here there would be vast empty spaces and that has certainly not been the case,i think the numbers have shocked M a little bit after all the bad press.

Skinny troll pseudonyms face facts; MOZ IS KILLING IT WITH BIGGER CROWDS THAN EVER
BEFORE!!:thumb:

while the twats you worship like Hooky and DramaJ are barely managing:smileycat:

Busy? Maybe. Has Interpol provided a boost to numbers? Of course. The rot is now visible for all to see. In his halcyon days this would have sold out in minutes with no support. Busy doesn't quite cut it.
First of all, the word “busy” doesn’t fit in this context.

Secondly, your post shows a complete lack of historical Morrissey US touring perspective. Aside from 91/92 and a few major market exceptions (So. California, New York), most Morrissey tours since 1997 have had him playing in venues with a capacity between 1500-5000. This is an undeniable fact tat can be verified with the help of the tour history on this website and Google.

On this tour he is playing expansive outdoor amphitheaters with 10,000+ capacities and, despite a shitty new covers album and recent bad press, is actually doing pretty well, numbers-wise. And newsflash:,a concert doesn’t have to be sold out to be financially successful.

Busy? Maybe. Has Interpol provided a boost to numbers? Of course. The rot is now visible for all to see. In his halcyon days this would have sold out in minutes with no support. Busy doesn't quite cut it.
facts don't favor your hypothsis. Even the pavilion was only 1/3 full for Interpol. The place was packed when Moz came on.

someone post a fake setlist like the good ole days
The Queen Is Dead
Irish Blood
You're The One For Me Fatty
Suedehead
The Last Of The Famous
Disappointed
First Of The Gang
The More You Ignore Me
This Is Not Your Country
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
Well I Wonder
There Is A Light
Piccadilly Palare
The Headmaster Ritual
Jack The Ripper
How Soon Is Now
Girlfriend In A Coma (a cappella)
I Know It's Over

The Queen Is Dead
Irish Blood
You're The One For Me Fatty
Suedehead
The Last Of The Famous
Disappointed
First Of The Gang
The More You Ignore Me
This Is Not Your Country
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
Well I Wonder
There Is A Light
Piccadilly Palare
The Headmaster Ritual
Jack The Ripper
How Soon Is Now
Girlfriend In A Coma (a cappella)
I Know It's Over

:rolleyes:

Next fake set list...

‘Louder Than Bombs’

played live from start to finish.

:)

compare the numbers

Moz 10 ooo attendees:thumb:

Hooky-300, and that amount only because he played 2 full NO albums had he played his sucko solo albums he would have had 3!!o_O

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: in the 500 range. but due to recent developments he is out of the picture.:persevere:

Moz mowing them down.:tiphat:

Heck of a show.
Moz came out full of spirit, singin' and havin' a good time.
He was crackin' jokes and havin' fun and the audience was havin' fun too.
Best Turkey Steppin' song was Wedding Bell Blues.
The only song I wasn't movin' for was Some Say I Got Devil, cause it was a powerful moment ya just had to stand still and witness.
Only bad part was that durin' Satan Rejected My Soul, either this lady or guy in front of me crop dusted the spot and it smelled like hell.
At one point, Moz asked, "Will we ever meet again?"
Well, the future ain't promised but after puttin' on a performance this fun, I surely do hope so Moz.

Random question but does anyone know the final image that was on the screen before the house lights went on after How Soon is Now?

Was too tired to add my thoughts along with the setlist last night. Wanted to pop back in and say that the show was terrific. Moz was in a great mood, band sounded great, loved the setlist.

Morning Starship/Find Out for Yourself back-to-back was incredible. Can't believe how good these California Son songs sound live.

Was hoping for Speedway as an encore but HSIN is the right call. That's what everyone wants to hear. The place went nuts for that. The extended outro also works well in that spot.

Hope to see him come back soon. Last night was really a lot of fun.

facts don't favor your hypothsis. Even the pavilion was only 1/3 full for Interpol. The place was packed when Moz came on.

So one third of fans were there to see Interpol? That rather makes the previous poster's point I note you say 'packed' rather than sold out.

His live touring days are numbered.

very lovely

and im gonna have a hot bath now. but there is no bath.

by michael nesbo on yt

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom