Hollywood Bowl's Food Vendors Go All-Vegetarian for Morrissey - LA Weekly

An article discussing food preparations for the gig.

Hollywood Bowl's Food Vendors Go All-Vegetarian for Morrissey - LA Weekly

Excerpt:
"As his fans well know, Morrissey is no shrinking violet when it comes to his advocacy for animal rights and vegetarianism. He's been a longtime supporter of PETA and other animals-rights groups, and frequently demands that concert venues refrain from cooking or serving meat during his shows.

Today, the Hollywood Bowl announced that for Moz's shows there next week, it will become the latest venue to honor the singer's meat-free M.O. For the first time, according a press release, all menus at the Bowl's various food vendors will go completely vegetarian (though not full vegan — some dishes will still contain cheese and other animal products)."

morrissey-timothy-norris.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE Nov. 4:

Also posted by Famous when dead:

Similar story:

Meat is murder: Morrissey bans burgers from upcoming Aberdeen show - Press and Journal

Last edited by a moderator:
I find very cynical the habit of criticising Morrissey using the argument of people's discomfort for having to watch a 5 minutes film

I wouldn't criticise Morrissey's performances of MIM for that reason, exactly, but because it is not going to win many converts. It's more of a bad performance piece about how seriously Morrissey takes animal welfare than a sincere attempt at propaganda (which I would absolutely support if he chose to do it). If you're serious about wanting to promote vegetarianism and veganism, then you need to engage with people who eat meat and mostly don't consider themselves murderers.

I wouldn't criticise Morrissey's performances of MIM for that reason, exactly, but because it is not going to win many converts. Its more of a bad performance piece about how seriously Morrissey takes animal welfare than a sincere attempt at propaganda (which I would absolutely support if he chose to do it). If you want to promote vegetarianism and veganism, then you need to engage with people who eat meat and mostly don't consider themselves murderers.

More often than not people who eat meat don't realize meat is murder. You just grow up eating meat and unless you live in a farm you don't question the killing until finally you realize the cruelty behind every piece of meat. Morrissey just informs about it in his shows. Once you have the information the ball is in your playing field. You can do nothing, you can eat less meat, you can go vegetarian or vegan. It's your personal choice. But you have to know before acting, you have to watch some consequences of your choices before changing (or not) your conduct.

More often than not people who eat meat don't realize meat is murder. You just grow up eating meat and unless you live in a farm you don't question the killing until finally you realize the cruelty behind every piece of meat. Morrissey just informs about it in his shows. Once you have the information the ball is in your playing field. You can do nothing, you can eat less meat, you can go vegetarian or vegan. It's your personal choice. But you have to know before acting, you have to watch some consequences of your choices before changing (or not) your conduct.

Morrissey's concerts are attended by adults. Whether they individually eat meat or not, they all know that what goes on in slaughterhouses is not particularly kind and a bit stomach-churning. The images are not going to convince many people to give up meat. They're probably going to reinforce some people's notion that vegetarians and vegans are no fun at all and a bit judgemental, and that's about the extent of it.

There's an old advertising adage, unfortunately a bit inappropriate for the context, which is that you need to sell the sizzle. Posturing and hectoring doesn't do that at all.

Morrissey's concerts are attended by adults. Whether they individually eat meat or not, they all know that what goes on in slaughterhouses is not particularly kind and a bit stomach-churning. The images are not going to convince many people to give up meat. They're probably going to reinforce some people's notion that vegetarians and vegans are no fun at all and a bit judgemental, and that's about the extent of it.

There's an old advertising adage, unfortunately a bit inappropriate for the context, which is that you need to sell the sizzle. Posturing and hectoring doesn't do that at all.

Some adults are quite ignorant of life facts. Of course you are supposed to know slaughterhouses are linked with murder, but sometimes people ignore the unnecessary torture and cruelty animals have to endure before becoming a piece of meat in their dishes. We humans have developed horrendous tortures to submit animals before killing them, sometimes those are based in religious dogmas and other times they simply happen because there are a lot of psychos who enjoy witnessing the suffering of sentient beings. If they kill humans they are considered mass murderers, if they kill animals they are named hunters, slaughterhouse workers, etc. Nobodies who exercise their tiny bit of power over defenseless animals that are unnecessarily obliged to suffer before being killed to feed another species.

The point is Stevo the clown stands on stage telling his flock that meat is murder yet behind the smoke screen eats cheese, wears wool and cashmere, chooses to live like royalty in 5* opulent hotels clad in leather/fur.
What has Stevo actually done for animals ? I understand it's a very difficult question for some on here to get their heads round this but I'll say it again WHAT THE 4CK HAS STEVO ACTUALLY DONE FOR ANIMALS ?
He can't even own a pet the way he and Diesel carve up their dirty carbon footprint 5* globe hopping.
His "farmer" speech given to the last Manchester audience doesn't even stack up ffs! How the 4ck can he stand there "the cow looks to the farmer" "the farmer feeds the cow" etc etc and then we get a copy of the catering menu and arrangements which includes cheese that the farmer made from stolen milk ! 4kin brilliant ! You can't make shit like this add up.
Basically the ' gimmick song ' aka ' Cardigan Is Murder ' has served Stevo and his Swiss bank account very very well. It's as simple as that.
As long as Stevo the clown continues to abuse animals I shall continue to expose him for what he is.
Many thanks

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Beware! dry cleaning only.
0cc6e70435aff955766bc51678f0531d

Oct 10, 2017

This cannot be denied. I understand it's very hard to take in but it did happen.
If you're attending Hollywood Bowel performances please make yourself heard and call him out.
I urge you to throw red clown noses at him throughout the performance especially when he performs Cardigan Is Murder.

#Boycott Low In Clown School

Stevo the clown is NOT animal friendly.
#Cheese is murder
#Cardigan is murder

Pelt him with clown noses and help to raise awareness of his hypocrisy and animal abuse.

I'm closer to Morrissey's idea of compassion towards non-human persons as the best and main argument for not killing others. Health and ecology are important arguments too, but they are secondary to the main one. Anyway, the goal is the same and everything helps. It doesn't matter if some people help themselves in the process. Botox is not cheap, you know.

I find very cynical the habit of criticising Morrissey using the argument of people's discomfort for having to watch a 5 minutes film, when he actually is doing something very important exposing the unnecessary cruelty, torture and killing of millions of beings. If someone is eating the product of the industry, that person at least should be able to watch a short film showing the horrors of that industry. If they can't bear it, it's time to change the diet or use a T-shirt with the word "Hypocrite". That's the minimun respect all those sacrificed beings deserve.

Making a comparison with human suffering, it's like paying cheap gasoline in your country ignoring where it comes from and then pleading inocence for the enormous sufferings of Venezuela's people. And we know we could go on with a lot of situations like that.

hypocrite_t_shirt-radee2044e7e146a490572ec4e479b85c_jyr6t_324.jpg

The only person wearing the Hypocrite t-shirt at his shows should be Morrissey. He should add it to his merchandise but with the word 'hypocrite' stamped across his forehead. Banning meat whilst condoning cheese is both ludicrous and hypocritical. It's just another round of Morrissey's empty blustering, his self-important virtue signalling when he's just as tainted with animal abuse as anyone in his audience who eats a meat burger. This type of smug moralistic nonsense is what Morrissey will be remembered for: a total wind-bag who spent his entire career lecturing people about eating meat whilst eating cheese, drinking milk and wearing leather & cashmere. He is an absolute fool.

Posturing and hectoring is all Morrissey has to offer. Any Vegan in his audience has the right to mock and dismiss his 'vegetarian' nonsense. He is a crank-fraud with a phobia about meat, a charlatan on animal rights issues who eats cheese and wears cashmere. Anyone foolish enough to take sanctimonious moralising from this virtue-signalling crank-fraud is even more ridiculous than he is. There is NO difference between a Carnivore or a Vegetarian with regard to Animal Justice. In fact, Vegetarians cause MORE suffering. If you want to stand up for animals, Go Vegan or STFU. Allowing animal by-products on your gig menu whilst banning meat is the very definition of idiocy. And that is what Morrissey is. An idiot with regard to animal justice. f*** Morrissey.

Some adults are quite ignorant of life facts. Of course you are supposed to know slaughterhouses are linked with murder, but sometimes people ignore the unnecessary torture and cruelty animals have to endure before becoming a piece of meat in their dishes. We humans have developed horrendous tortures to submit animals before killing them, sometimes those are based in religious dogmas and other times they simply happen because there are a lot of psychos who enjoy witnessing the suffering of sentient beings. If they kill humans they are considered mass murderers, if they kill animals they are named hunters, slaughterhouse workers, etc. Nobodies who exercise their tiny bit of power over defenseless animals that are u
unnecessarily obliged to suffer before being killed to feed another species.

What nonsense! Do you know what suffering, 'unnecessary torture and cruelty' animals have to endure so that Morrissey can have Death Dairy on his gig menu?

Morrissey is a vast hypocrite with regard to Animal Justice and so are any/all of his fans who condone or try to justify his lazy hypocrisies. f*** Morrissey.

What I'd like to know is if Moz did ask them to go vegan but had to compromise. Hate to say it but just going vegetarian is not nearly enough. The dairy industry may just be the most cruel. But is this a reason to blast him? What has Benny ever done for animals. Is he or Brummie a vegan?

[QUOTE="Vegan, post: 1987037753, member: 26741"]What I'd like to know is if Moz did ask them to go vegan but had to compromise. Hate to say it but just going vegetarian is not nearly enough. The dairy industry may just be the most cruel. But is this a reason to blast him? What has Benny ever done for animals. Is he or Brummie a vegan?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm vegan but it isn't necessary to be vegan to debunk Morrissey's ridiculous posturing on the issue of Animal Justice. Logically & ethically, there is ZERO difference between a steak and a portion of cheese with regard to animal suffering.

It's irrelevant whether Morrissey claims that going 'vegetarian' is a 'compromise'. He sets himself up as a moral crusader, an ethical figurehead who claims to care about animals but has spent his entire career failing to do so in any meaningful way. He has no moral justification for lambasting others with his 'Meat Is Murder' gimmick song when he has, for decades, been party to animal cruelty, suffering and death via his food and clothing choices. It's just a way for him to Virtue Signal his alleged moral superiority when he has none.

He has been called out on this nonsense before. He claims to be 'vegan' but no vegan would claim 'meat is murder', banning it from venues whilst allowing other animal torture/slaughter by-products to be on the menu. He is a total fraud on this issue. And he has a long charge list against him. We've covered all this many, many times before and yet his delusional Cult Fans continue to make excuses as they munch on their cheezy pizzas.

No sensible person now regards Morrissey as anything other than a Virtue-Signalling Crank-Fraud with regard to animal justice. He has a phobia about meat but is fine with animals being bred for cashmere and for their body fluids to be stolen for his tour menus. What a hypocrite.

I choose to see the humour in continually pointing out that the C List Indie Pop Emperor Has No Clothes.

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/morrisseys-zagreb-rider-croatia-week-and-večernji-hr.133724/

Because we must !

Stevo the clown is murder !
6 days left KetchupBum
BtBB :greatbritain::knife:
ScotlandWoolBillboard-770x689.jpg

Yes, I'm vegan but it isn't necessary to be vegan to debunk Morrissey's ridiculous posturing on the issue of Animal Justice. Logically & ethically, there is ZERO difference between a steak and a portion of cheese with regard to animal suffering.

It's irrelevant whether Morrissey claims that going 'vegetarian' is a 'compromise'. He sets himself up as a moral crusader, an ethical figurehead who claims to care about animals but has spent his entire career failing to do so in any meaningful way. He has no moral justification for lambasting others with his 'Meat Is Murder' gimmick song when he has, for decades, been party to animal cruelty, suffering and death via his food and clothing choices. It's just a way for him to Virtue Signal his alleged moral superiority when he has none.

He has been called out on this nonsense before. He claims to be 'vegan' but no vegan would claim 'meat is murder', banning it from venues whilst allowing other animal torture/slaughter by-products to be on the menu. He is a total fraud on this issue. And he has a long charge list against him. We've covered all this many, many times before and yet his delusional Cult Fans continue to make excuses as they munch on their cheezy pizzas./

Well obviously I can't disagree with you, fellow vegan. It's quite disappointing that Moz cheats with cheese while claiming he is vegan. What is surprising is he's so bad at hiding his cheating. So, no, I don't hold him as a hero for animals or a portrait of integrity but he has done a lot of good. There are confirmed reports of some fans going vegan from his influence. I like Bob Dylan too and he's done nothing for animal welfare. Most of the artists I patronize aren't vegan. As I've said before I like Morrissey's music and his quirkiness. He's interesting to me. Yes, I wish he'd truly behave as a vegan but Moz is Moz. I'm excited about the new album.

Well obviously I can't disagree with you, fellow vegan. It's quite disappointing that Moz cheats with cheese while claiming he is vegan. What is surprising is he's so bad at hiding his cheating. So, no, I don't hold him as a hero for animals or a portrait of integrity but he has done a lot of good. There are confirmed reports of some fans going vegan from his influence. I like Bob Dylan too and he's done nothing for animal welfare. Most of the artists I patronize aren't vegan. As I've said before I like Morrissey's music and his quirkiness. He's interesting to me. Yes, I wish he'd truly behave as a vegan but Moz is Moz. I'm excited about the new album.

Please don't take this the wrong way Vegan but are you really shrugging this off and saying "Its quite disappointing " but what the heck I'm looking forward to the new album ? :eek:

Please don't take this the wrong way Vegan but are you really shrugging this off and saying "Its quite disappointing " but what the heck I'm looking forward to the new album ? :eek:

Why should I boycott the album when what Moz does or does not eat is separate from whether I like his music or not. Otherwise I am a huge hypocrite as I buy product from non-vegans all the time. I mean if someone sang a song entitled "Meat Is Delicious" or "Viva Cheese" I wouldn't buy it. You have successfully casted doubt on Morrissey the person but if I only listened to vegans that made music my collection would be quite woeful.

What is the difference between a ham sandwich and a cheese sandwich ?

What is the difference between a ham sandwich and a cheese sandwich ?

Nothing when it comes to unethical cruelty. What's your point? Eating dairy is just as bad as eating meat. But why should I boycott his album? Even if Moz is a "crank fraud" what does that have to do with his music? His art doesn't promote animal suffering, does it? Being a vegan am I obligated to listen to music only by vegan artists?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom