Homophobia on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny said:
So basically, if you don't agree that it's obvious that Morrissey is 100% percent gay that makes you homophobic and you deserve to get called a bigot plus any other names that the "outraged" can think of?
I wouldn't say they're homophobic, just mildly retarded.

dazzak said:
I wouldn't say they're homophobic, just mildly retarded.
The retarded ones are those that are under the impression that they know anything about Morrissey the person. Loss of perspective there I think. Just because you read a few interviews and listen to a few lyrics doesn't mean you know anything about the man. All you know is the image he and journalists choose to present to the world. It's an illusion.

Danny said:
The retarded ones are those that are under the impression that they know anything about Morrissey the person. Loss of perspective there I think. Just because you read a few interviews and listen to a few lyrics doesn't mean you know anything about the man. All you know is the image he and journalists choose to present to the world. It's an illusion.

That is what I say. Just because certain lyrics say this and certain articles point out that we don't really know for sure and anyone who says they know for sure is an idiot.

Re: we dont need this facist groove thang

Jon said:
your postings exude dog poo from my pc monitor

That must be why you're so full of shit.

btw, I'm in Ireland, guess again.

Last edited:
Just like Sir Alec and Danny, I really don't understand. Martin, you came here and said:
"You're absolutely terrified of the idea that Morrissey may be "gay" or "bi" because it would destroy your own personal fantasies".
You've immediately thought there is homophobia here...
I can't see why. That's why someone think Moz is not gay? Is it homophobic? We never know anything real about it. We don't know.
And what if he was not gay?would it be problematic for anyone instead?
There are so many fans here that don't care about it.
It's his life, it's not our affair and everyone is free to be and do what he/she likes. Is Moz gay?ok. Is he not?Ok. Where's the problem?Who is worrying?
I think we (everyone of us, good or bad :D ones ) should always take it easy, don't offend and don't presume every word is a so personal attack.
Ps:This is what I wrote and I don't withdraw it. But maybe now I see: there must have been some offensive messages that have been cancelled. Anyway, I don't think that the most of us are homophobic. We're not children and we should be mature enough to understand every point of view. Maybe someone (I don't know who) is not and may have offended you, but try to ignore them and go on. It's the only way!And we're here to talk about Moz and enjoy doing it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lovely PM you sent me paul! anyway, I translated your post this way, my ammendments are in bold and I guess it's what you are really thinking:

Martin McCann said:
First off, I should point out that I'm NOT actually THE gorgeous, sexy Martin McCann, singer from the fantastic cumtastic Dublin-based band 'Sack', nor am I any of the other users, past and present, I have been accused of being. (AAAHHHH I HAVENT EVEN BEEN ACCUSED YET _ BUT HERES JUST IN CASE!!!)
I say this because recently I was compelled to challenge homophobic remarks made by several of the regular posters here, and had to do so in a forceful and abrasive fashion, (my god how i love forcefullness being a cub on the scene ;) after my initial objections were greeted by more strident and blatant homophobia, (I'm the ONLY gay in the village you know - booo hooo) and I don't want my posts to be attributed to the real Martin, as I think he has the sexiest hillbilly arse in the business , therefore I won't be posting again with this screen name. (oops I just have done lots of times! and will shortly be doing with the other 3 billion names I will create)
It never ceases to amaze me that so-called Morrissey fans can also be homophobes, who feel it necessary to pollute Morrissey fan forums with their despicable views, however 'subtle' or guarded they attempt to be.(splutter splutter - feeeccckkk asssss I WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO BE LIKE ME; GAY.. with a big side parting and a massive f*** off quiff!!!!)
Isn't it time that this site stopped upsetting and embarrassing Morrissey with such hateful attacks on gay people, as well as the stream of abuse directed at poor Julia, [editors note- what on gods earth does Julia have to do with this - she a rich puddy cat!] and, most astonishing of all, the never ending personal attacks against, and criticisms of, Morrissey himself! (I have tried to look like him for the last 20 years so I should know)

Last edited:
Danny said:
Oh, come off it. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence and acumen knows Morrissey is a big girl's blouse. I'm frankly astonished that the idea of Morrissey being straight is bandied around so much.

Sinefil said:
Such a little thing,
Suuuuchhh a little thing
But the differences it made
were meaningless threads and discussions...

Replace "were meaningless threads and discussions" with:

"Oh, why won't you change ?
Change and be nicer ? "

Jon said:
Thanks for the lovely PM you sent me paul! anyway, I translated your post this way, my ammendments are in bold and I guess it's what you are really thinking:

Martin McCann said:
First off, I should point out that I'm NOT actually THE gorgeous, sexy Martin McCann, singer from the fantastic cumtastic Dublin-based band 'Sack', nor am I any of the other users, past and present, I have been accused of being. (AAAHHHH I HAVENT EVEN BEEN ACCUSED YET _ BUT HERES JUST IN CASE!!!)
I say this because recently I was compelled to challenge homophobic remarks made by several of the regular posters here, and had to do so in a forceful and abrasive fashion, (my god how i love forcefullness being a cub on the scene ;) after my initial objections were greeted by more strident and blatant homophobia, (I'm the ONLY gay in the village you know - booo hooo) and I don't want my posts to be attributed to the real Martin, as I think he has the sexiest hillbilly arse in the business , therefore I won't be posting again with this screen name. (just the other 3 billion names I will shortly create)
It never ceases to amaze me that so-called Morrissey fans can also be homophobes, who feel it necessary to pollute Morrissey fan forums with their despicable views, however 'subtle' or guarded they attempt to be.(splutter splutter - feeeccckkk asssss!!!!)
Isn't it time that this site stopped upsetting and embarrassing Morrissey with such hateful attacks on gay people, as well as the stream of abuse directed at poor Julia, and, most astonishing of all, the never ending personal attacks against, and criticisms of, Morrissey himself! (I have tried to look like him for the last 20 years so I should know)[/quote]

I think this comment belongs in the 'all things unpleasant thread'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom