"Honey, You Know Where To Find Me" enters vinyl singles chart at number 2 (September 4-10, 2020)

20200904_180758.jpg

Update (September 5, 2020):
Now a Central post:
"Morrissey's 'Honey, You Know Where To Find Me' BMG single is number two in the
Official UK Vinyl Chart.

As yet - as ever! - no radio play."

unnamed_tkve6p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to be that guy, but if only he had released the ‘YouTube songs‘ instead...

Paint dries.
not all paint dries,anti vandal paint never dries,use it in my school to stop the scallywags climbing on the roof,no im not a janitor,just throwing my tuppence in.have a good day,week,month,year,rest of your life.

Makes me nostalgic for Paint Never Dries.

Also I found these pictures while sorting out my book shelves for the millionth time this year.
20200905_095540.jpg

20200905_095457.jpg

Congrats Morrissey and his band .

Speaking of which, has it been noted who actually played on this? I’ve not seen it. I’m aware these are old tunes written with/by Boz and Alain, but I didn’t see credits for other personnel regarding the recording of the tracks.

Now a Central post.
2000 copies only + part of RSD (where pre-release does not happen intentionally) = low probability of radio play for a lot of RSD products.

unnamed_tkve6p.jpg

Official UK Vinyl Chart.

Now a Central post.
2000 copies only + part of RSD (where pre release does not happen intentionally) = low probability of radio play for a lot of RSD products.

View attachment 58816

Official UK Vinyl Chart.

It's like they...don't quite understand how things work?

Speaking of which, has it been noted who actually played on this? I’ve not seen it. I’m aware these are old tunes written with/by Boz and Alain, but I didn’t see credits for other personnel regarding the recording of the tracks.
All tracks are from the 2009 issue of Southpaw.
Musicians are mentioned in the 'diaries' part of that, but not with any clarity.
Boz & Alain get track writing credits and special thanks.
Everything except Fantastic Bird (Mick Ronson) is credited to Lillywhite's production.
Regards,
FWD.

That’s poor.

I accept that, in principle, selling records as prospects isn’t a new thing. But formerly record companies worked hard to convince the consumer that, for the artist at least, releases were all about the music—and the process of making it accessible/popular.

I liked that old myth, and I admired the effort that was put into it—especially when it contrived to create a self-effacing aesthetic.

And if I’m honest, I really like this limited vinyl object. But the release is also helping me fall out of love with the part of me that likes buying these things. I mean, twenty dabs for a ten inch plastic picture disc of music that has already been sold to me. It’s insane.

Twenty quid. Twenty of the Queen’s f***ing pounds. Jesus wept. And every release now seems to come with a quantum price leap. The next one will be a pony. On reflection, It’s Over was a snip at £13, and Jacky was an absolute steal, coming in at the pittance price of just under £7.

BMG, and Morrissey: if you must take the piss could you please be more discrete about it? I’m getting f***ed off with noticing—and it’s starting to cause the gnats round here to get jealous of my arse.

Didn't Hatful of Hollow come with a "pay no more than" £3.99 cover sticker once?

Now a Central post.
2000 copies only + part of RSD (where pre-release does not happen intentionally) = low probability of radio play for a lot of RSD products.

View attachment 58816

Official UK Vinyl Chart.

To be fair, this release isn’t about the music: it’s about the physical object.

I’d be delighted to hear something from it on the wireless, but there’s scant artistic or popular justification for radio play.

This record is made for a spectator’s eye and a collector’s cupboard.

Well, he doesn't even seem to have much to do with any aspect of what's sold these days, so I'm not surprised he's not arsed about how much the fans are ripped off.
I think we know what it is, and it comes to us all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom