Houston Chronicle: "When Morrissey visited Houston's Record Rack in 1992" (July 29, 2021)

900x0[1].jpg

ratio3x2_900.jpg

They came bearing gladiolas.

On July 29, 1992, hundreds of Houston youths lined South Shepherd near Alabama to meet Morrissey, who dropped by Record Rack as part of a six-city promotional tour for his solo album “Your Arsenal.”

56 image gallery of fans & Morrissey at the event.

900x0.jpg

A brief reminiscing article with large gallery.
Video from the event archived: here.
Regards,
FWD.

No it was not his peak of popularity and your going on a Wikipedia page that can be changed and edited also there are no certifications for those sales of supposed million. A million could have been distributed but never sold. 91 and 92 was his peak. Ask any fas who have been fans since the smith days and they will tell you 91 and 92 was his peak.
So Your Arsenal in '92 outsold worldwide Quarry in '04, is that what you're trying to tell me? As a fan from the Smiths days?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The Wiki citation was from Billboard. Most people here who have been fans for any decent length of time know that Quarry is his biggest solo seller. You can't be much of a fan.

So Your Arsenal in '92 outsold worldwide Quarry in '04, is that what you're trying to tell me? As a fan from the Smiths days?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The Wiki citation was from Billboard. Most people here who have been fans for any decent length of time know that Quarry is his biggest solo seller. You can't be much of a fan.
It was from billboard but it wasn’t certified they could have just put a million for shits and giggles but at the end of the day it don’t mean shit if ain’t certified, a true fan will tell you 91 and 92 he was at his peak of popularity and mean real popularity. 91 and 92 he was selling out places in record numbers and that was without the internet.

It was from billboard but it wasn’t certified they could have just put a million for shits and giggles but at the end of the day it don’t mean shit if ain’t certified, a true fan will tell you 91 and 92 he was at his peak of popularity and mean real popularity. 91 and 92 he was selling out places in record numbers and that was without the internet.
I feel sorry for you.

I was a wee lad back in 1991-92, more interested in WWF and TMNT than music, but I was 19 in 2004 and Mozzer was HUGE. Sure, he sold out the Hollywood Bowl in ‘92, but didn’t he do that in 2007 as well?
Maybe it’s because the media and the media climate were so much different in the mid-00’s compared to the early 90’s, but it definitely feels like he was much bigger worldwide and from a mainstream perspective in 2004-2007 than 1991-92. Was he played on mainstream, commercial radio in 1991 or 92? He was back in the mid 00’s. That’s just one example.

Here's a photo of the protesters from the paywalled site. Where these really about the line numbering system? The "civil rights" abuse claims seem a bit extreme (at least by 90's pre-snowflake standards). Not meaning to doubt anyone's claim that it was about line numbering - more just curious.

Attachments

• 1200x0.jpeg
    1200x0.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 0

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom