How many of you are vegetarians?

MozCrooner

I have tried looking but haven't seen a thread on this topic? but maybe I am totaly wrong. I was wondering how many of you are vegetarian and did The Smiths and Morrissey inspire you?

Re: How many of you are vegetarian's?

I am. Meat is Murder definitely played a role in my conversion.

I'm vegan and have been for about four and a half years and had been veggie six months prior to that. I had already made my choice before listening to The Smiths or Morrissey, but when I found out, it made me like him that much more.

As for threads on vegetarianism, there are several in the Off Topic section. Just type in Vegetarian in the search.

And you? Are you vegetarian or vegan?

I always wanted to do it for Morrissey, but it was a trip to an abattoir that swung it for me.

The more I think about it, the more I think against eating meat. I am not a vegetarian myself but maybe one day that will change. I do think meat is definatly murder but still I eat it and so do millions of others, which I do find extremely wrong when I think about it.

Perhaps one day, a few hundred years away they may come to a conclusion and ban it, but I can't see anything like that happening anytime soon.

I am but have been from birth so this is one thing which Morrissey hasn't had a hand in.

I am. I wish I could say it was under Morrissey's influence, but it's actually due to a small group of very questionable punk bands from the mid-90's. You know, the type of bands which have punx tattooed on their knuckles.

I am. I wish I could say it was under Morrissey's influence, but it's actually due to a small group of very questionable punk bands from the mid-90's. You know, the type of bands which have punx tattooed on their knuckles.

Oh, yeah? What mid-90's bands? It was because of Conflict, Oi Polloi, and all those peace punk bands that led me to go vegetarian, then vegan.

The more I think about it, the more I think against eating meat. I am not a vegetarian myself but maybe one day that will change.

Well, if you feel like making that step and need any help with doing it, I, and I'm sure many other people on here, would be glad to give helpful tips, information, and places to learn more about it. That is only if you feel like you need it.

I'm not and I'll never be. I love to eat meat.
I repect your chose but I cannot eat only vegetable and any kind of this. I've tried for many times but It's not possible to me.

I am vegan.I would say I am ethically vegetarian, and just vegan as I see no health benefits from dairy or egg.

Explain... how ethically?

Just like many other vegetarians or vegans, they do not eat meat for ethical reasons, while some people do not eat it for religious reasons, health, etc.If you think "meat is murder " then you are an ethical vegan or vegetarian.

I am vegan, as in I do not even eat diary or egg.But I went from vegetarian to vegan more for health reasons rather than expanding on my ethical beliefs.

Just like many other vegetarians or vegans, they do not eat meat for ethical reasons, while some people do not eat it for religious reasons, health, etc.If you think "meat is murder " then you are an ethical vegan or vegetarian.

I am vegan, as in I do not even eat diary or egg.But I went from vegetarian to vegan more for health reasons rather than expanding on my ethical beliefs.
I undertand now.
I think it's so beautiful but I cannot do it. My brother eat less meat than me just brcause the health reasons.

I've been a vegetarian for three years now, and meat is murder was definitely the turning point. The very same day I heard meat is murder for the first time was the day I stopped eating meat. The lyrics had me in tears. So yeah, Morrissey was kind of an influence just a tiny one though. :rolleyes:
also im a huge earth lover :)

Oh, yeah? What mid-90's bands? It was because of Conflict, Oi Polloi, and all those peace punk bands that led me to go vegetarian, then vegan.

Rise Against, in particular. It was a phase which lasted all of six months, so I barely scraped the surface. There were a lot of anarcho type bands doing interviews with PETA and the like.

Refused (and affiliates) deserve credit, too. The Manics led me to the Situationists, the Situationists to Refused, Refused to vegetarianism, I think.

Rise Against, in particular. It was a phase which lasted all of six months, so I barely scraped the surface. There were a lot of anarcho type bands doing interviews with PETA and the like.

Refused (and affiliates) deserve credit, too. The Manics led me to the Situationists, the Situationists to Refused, Refused to vegetarianism, I think.

the almighty refused!

Rather be dead than alive by your oppression
Rather be dead than alive by your design

Poisoned my fingers
Burned out my eyes
Cut down my throat
To be alive

Rather be dead than alive by your social values
Rather be dead than alive by your tradition

Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom