Morrissey Central "I Am Not Resigned" (August 24, 2020)

Untitled_cw9umc.jpg

I Am Not Resigned

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground
So it is, and so it will be, for it has been, time out of mind
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely
Crowned with lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew
A formula, a phrase remains - but the best is lost

The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love -
they are gone. They are gone to feed the roses. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses of the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave
I know.
But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.

-Edna St. Vincent Millay.

To The Man with The child in his eyes...The poem is beautiful, a tribute to Your beautiful Mother. I wish You a very long an happy Life, go out there and live it to the full.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul

So far from where I intended to go

Scavenging through life's very constant lulls

So far from where I'm determined to go

Wish I knew the way to reach the one I love

There is no way……………… ❤ ❤:rose:x

MOZ!!! Is beatifull that publication!!!
How wonderful it must have been for your mommy to know how much you loved her!!!.
Thank you for sharing your feelings with us.
We are with you to accompany you in this moment of immense solitude...
I love the communication you are having with your fans,and i write these words because i know they come to you and you value receiving them.
I know the pain you feel ,i know that every time you cry a very deep pain goes through your chest.
I know everything...
Be calm ,the peace that she left you will make you move forward, there is a tomorrow that she wants you travel...
The best tribute your can do is to remember the happy moments that you lived together with a smile !!!!!😊😊😊
Moz i love you and i want to see you well ,here we are all pampering your wounded heart but it will heal!!!!
My best wishes are to you.MORRISSEY MY FAVORITE SINGER EVERLASTING LIGHT AND LOVE❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

You do not understand anything you do not have a mother or she does not love you he shares only with those who love him.
NOT WITH YOU NOOO!!!!😖😖

HHORRIBLE SER HUMANO SALI DE ACA FUIRAAA!!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nunca.

Your alotted time for grieving is over.

Carry on with your lives.

Life goes on.

I'm sorry for his loss, but has it occurred to him to be slightly more dignified and less public about it.
If you have ever experienced profound loss, you know that there is no right or wrong way to experience grief, especially that of a mother. Dignity and privacy are important to some, and others need to express their grief aloud. It is for us to support the one who has lost, not to judge how he is grieving...

I suppose he's gentle reassuring his fans that he isn't suicidal. This poem tells that story. The writer is grief stricken but they curse death, they do not approve of the romance of death, because ultimately death is to blame for taking away their loved ones and so they could never simply give in to death/give up on life, (by way of resignation - suicide) not without a fight.

I suppose he's gentle reassuring his fans that he isn't suicidal. This poem tells that story. The writer is grief stricken but they curse death, they do not approve of the romance of death, because ultimately death is to blame for taking away their loved ones and so they could never simply give in to death/give up on life, (by way of resignation - suicide) not without a fight.
Right. In that way, it's like Dylan Thomas' "Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night".

His "Irish defiance" coming through perhaps?

ParentCharacteristics.jpg

I understand his pain and the bad time he is going through, but I find hard to believe he needs to heal by doing it public constantly. Does he has any sense of privacy? He never wants to give interviews and be in social media, but he is making public something so personal and private like this. He is showing too much self-pity and victimisation.

I think it is more about what you think of your audience. You are not taking into account that Morrissey has always considered his audience his family. He is not really close with anyone and his audience plays a pivotal role in connection with the man himself. So to dismiss this very private thing that you think is so out in the open is not really what it seems to be.

I think it is more about what you think of your audience. You are not taking into account that Morrissey has always considered his audience his family. He is not really close with anyone and his audience plays a pivotal role in connection with the man himself. So to dismiss this very private thing that you think is so out in the open is not really what it seems to be.

He seems to have a need to reach out - even as a teenager he was writing all those letters to pen pals & magazines.

No Morrissey resigned you are not. Even in death you dare to attack a political system that doesn't work. You are now more than ever in your career an important voice of reason in a world where so few dare to speak their mind. Silence is violence but your voice will never silence not even after your death as you have already left a legacy few can rival.
In my view people become more alive in death as that is when we who are left behind really appreciate them and think about them. I never believed in mourning or grief but death leaves emptiness behind and that emptiness we fill with memories.
The dead leaves clues for us to solve and in many ways I know my parents better now than I did when they lived.
Loosen your tinfoil helmet, kiddo.

If you have ever experienced profound loss, you know that there is no right or wrong way to experience grief, especially that of a mother. Dignity and privacy are important to some, and others need to express their grief aloud. It is for us to support the one who has lost, not to judge how he is grieving...
He’s grieving like a stuck-pig little bitch.
She’s in the ground.
It’s over.
She was lucky to live to 80, with a prat like Melvis for a son.

...and do you have ANY idea how many people have died this year? Children? Handmaids? Cheese mongers? Distillers? Brits? Bakers? Surfers? Muslims?

Fak Arf!

Steven is a magician and he's a master communicator. It pains me to know that he is in pain. I wish I could make him feel better.
Dude. You lick his balls and take it from him enough. You ever get a reach-around? Move on. He’s not interested.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom