Morrissey Central "I Am Not Resigned" (August 24, 2020)

Untitled_cw9umc.jpg

I Am Not Resigned

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground
So it is, and so it will be, for it has been, time out of mind
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely
Crowned with lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew
A formula, a phrase remains - but the best is lost

The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love -
they are gone. They are gone to feed the roses. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses of the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave
I know.
But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.

-Edna St. Vincent Millay.

'Moderation' starts with the person reading and reacting. Every single crumb you throw the 'shocking' troll, the 'argumentative' troll, the 'disinhibited' troll, the 'trying to sound academic to rubbish you' troll, the 'it's him repeatedly - look at the IP hash' troll, the obvious 'returning banned member' troll, the 'feverishly using vpns to cover their bullshit, but not as anonymous as they think' troll, the 'pizza cutter troll' (all edge - no point), the 'interjection of off topic nonsense' troll et al ad nauseum.... every crumb increases the chances of their behaviour reoccurring. If every 'Morrissey needs to die' post was met with silence - their arousal needs probably wouldn't be met. I'd urge anyone who feels this type of contributor to the site is 'trolling' makes an effort to suppress their urge to retort, reins in their ego and urgent desire to type the 'correct' way to see things to counter them and simply tries to starve them of what they desire in the first place by not replying - which, unfortunately seems to be very difficult for some to grasp despite the fact that actually trying it consistently might decrease problematic users.
Rapidly considering retirement,
FWD.
"Don't feed the trolls" but you needed 400 words to say it and now you're going to count how many words you actually used as it's obviously not 400. Something like that? :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom