I can't see why the homophobia thread was locked

D

Dave

I can't see why the homophobia thread was locked.

I'm sure there's a great explanation that combines the best of politically correct liberal thought with the best of fascist censorship.

Anyway, I think there is a difference between being homophobic and finding certain activites not to be your cup of tea. Personally I think homosexuality is a wonderful thing that everyone should engage in as often as possible. The point is that I don't think disapproving of the way some people have sex automatically means that you are afraid that you might enjoy it.

There are many forms of sexual behavior that I don't personally understand or "approve" of, but it isn't because I'm afraid that I am secretly an aficionado.

I don't think that it is necessary to approve of what everyone around us chooses to do in their private lives, as long as we aren't trying to put them in prison or burn them at the stake or whatever.

Maybe it's hard for some people to accept that Morrissey, this person that they devote so much of their thoughts to, might be ..."gay". You probably need to get over it. Your relationship with his music does not mean that you have a relationship with him. You're spending way too much time on this. All of the reasons you've concocted that he might be straight were really a waste of your time. You could have been listening to the music.

Homophobia is real and I've known people with severe cases of it. The person who talks about fags all the time and tries to impress with how not-fag they are is probably, yes, afraid that they are secretly homosexual or that someone will find out. But I think someone can casually have a distaste for certain forms of sexual activity, the same way some people might not like mexican food. As long as you don't try to close down all the mexican restaurants and beat up the people that eat there, I think you're entitled to your opinion.

Tolerance doesn't mean complete acceptance of everyone around you and all of their behaviors and activities. I think it means allowing people to be different. One of those differences is that some people are going to have opinions of you that you may not like.

Jones said:
Because it was started by freeyourself to cause trouble?

Even if it was started by freeyourself, people were discussing something important and I think some good points were being made. New members of the board won't even know who freeyourself is. (I look forward to the day ;) )

I just can't see why any thread would be locked really. If there is something in the thread that really needs to be stopped then I would think it should be deleted. But having a discussion board where people are only allowed to discuss topics subject to the whim of whoever locks the threads, it seems to be highly illogical.

andy_fozzy said:
Because it was boring......
Firstly, I doubt you found it "boring", but that you actually didn't like what was said in it. There's a difference.

Secondly, if every "boring" thread was locked, we'd have an awfully empty forum judging by the intellectual coprophilia that is routine on this site.

dazzak said:
Firstly, I doubt you found it "boring", but that you actually didn't like what was said in it. There's a difference.

Secondly, if every "boring" thread was locked, we'd have an awfully empty forum judging by the intellectual coprophilia that is routine on this site.

Knob.

dazzak said:

dazzak, cmon! you what it is to be facetious... you do it all the time...so, why get all worked up over what seemed like an obvious tongue in cheek remark?

no one in particular said:
dazzak, cmon! you what it is to be facetious... you do it all the time...so, why get all worked up over what seemed like an obvious tongue in cheek remark?
It wasn't facetious, though. It was just childish.

no one in particular said:
^ oh, and what makes you so sure it wasn't?
Firstly, because of my Columboesque skills of detection. Secondly, because I doubt Andy_Fozzy's ability to even spell "facetious", let alone be it.

^^dazzak, both of those remarks seem quite far-fetched to me. the second one is particularly outrageous since i am the one who selected that word in the first place; thus only i needed to be able spell it if i cared ENUF to spell it correctly. As if spelling is always or even usually proper in a forum anyway! besides, i think most would agree that it is actually much easier to be facetious than to spell it.

i suppose the next thing you will do is say i dont know proper rules of grammar and lash out at me with some aspersions! (and if you really thought i didn't know proper grammar, then you really need to go back and have a primer on those ostensible columboesque skills!)

you must be really be in a pugnacious mood tonight! or on second thought, i must just remember that you are indeed a ball of hate which precludes the need for any other explanation(s)...

cmon dazzak - lighten up will ya? or have you not been gettin' enuf lately?

:D

Dave said:
Even if it was started by freeyourself, people were discussing something important and I think some good points were being made. New members of the board won't even know who freeyourself is. (I look forward to the day ;) )
:D

I`m a new member and i also read the homophobia thread.
So: Who is freeyourself? :)

Last edited:
I`m a new member and i also read the homophobia thread.
So: Who is freeyourself? :)

yes, who is s/he? and who is "broken"? i really want to know who these people are and why they are so unpopular!!!! help! help! help! :confused:

yes, who is s/he? and who is "broken"? i really want to know who these people are and why they are so unpopular!!!! help! help! help! :confused:

There's no reason why he's unpopular.

Except that people like to cause trouble whenever they can, and tend to join forums to do it.

Wow. Can people hack anybody's password and post whatever they like using our names? I don't feel safe at the moment :eek:

We should start an official trolling thread, so that on the rest of the forum people are left alone.

Back
Top Bottom