i don't think 'Trouble Loves Me' gets enough recognition

bagface

maybe it's just me but i don't think this amazing song is rated highly enough. i mean i know there's no real measure for these things, but it doesn't generally seem to be held in the regard that i believe it should be. i think it's one of the songs that best defines him. it is THE morrissey song. just what's on my mind.

Re: i don't think trouble loves me gets enough recognition

when i saw the title i thought this thread was about Trubz. not the song. :lbf:

maybe it's just me but i don't think this amazing song is rated highly enough. i mean i know there's no real measure for these things, but it doesn't generally seem to be held in the regard that i believe it should be. i think it's one of the songs that best defines him. it is THE morrissey song. just what's on my mind.

Huh? I think that it's probably one of the most loved songs among Morrissey fans. It may not be as well known to the very casual fan as say, Suedehead, but I do think rated as one of his best.

Me either, she really is a beneficial part of this forum and a valid contributor.

Huh? I think that it's probably one of the most loved songs among Morrissey fans. It may not be as well known to the very casual fan as say, Suedehead, but I do think rated as one of his best.

that's what i'm saying though....i think. why is not up there with suedehead, everyday is like sunday, first of the gang, this charming man, how soon is now?, there is a light, etc....i'd take trouble loves me over the latter two any day.

that's what i'm saying though....i think. why is not up there with suedehead, everyday is like sunday, first of the gang, this charming man, how soon is now?, there is a light, etc....i'd take trouble loves me over the latter two any day.

Honestly, I think it may have to do with the fact that Maladjusted got very little press, airplay, and his record company didn't really give a shit about promoting it at the time. It should have been a single as well.

Honestly, I think it may have to do with the fact that Maladjusted got very little press, airplay, and his record company didn't really give a shit about promoting it at the time. It should have been a single as well.

I remember when I got my grubby little mitts on it back in '97, I thought it a magnificent album, save the execrable "Roy's Keen".

And the b-sides are uniformly wonderful too. Arguably the best of his career.

Great song. One of his best. I'm sure there are polls here that will tell you its in the Top 37 Morrissey-Solo songs. Like ever.

Arguably the last great consistenly marvellous lyrical song he did? Throw that one out there kids

I agree, Trouble Loves Me is a great song. I like it more each time I hear it.

probably cause the majority of the songs you just mentioned are catchy mainstream singles, trouble loves me, as great as it is is more of an album track, than a song that will grab your attention as soon as you hear it.

Great song. One of his best. I'm sure there are polls here that will tell you its in the Top 37 Morrissey-Solo songs. Like ever.

Arguably the last great consistenly marvellous lyrical song he did? Throw that one out there kids

Yes, in the poll we did in 2007 (continued last month with the 2009 songs-see above) it ended up 30th overall (Morrissey and The Smiths) and 9th best ever Morrissey-song, in fact no song released since is so much loved:

1) Everyday Is Like Sunday 9,59
2) Suedehead 9,55
3) Now My Heart Is Full 9,55
4) Speedway 9,54
5) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys 9,46
6) Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself 9,45
7) Jack The Ripper 9.26
8) Late Night, Maudlin Street 9,24
9) Trouble Loves Me 9,14
10) Hairdresser On Fire 9,13
11) Seasick, Yet Still Docked 9,10
12) The National Front Disco 9,09
13) November Spawned A Monster 9,08
14) Will Never Marry 9,03
15) Nobody Loves Us 9,01
16) First Of The Gang To Die 9,00
17) The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get 8,97
18) Irish Blood, English Heart 8,97
19) I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty 8,97
20) Sister I’m A Poet 8,94

I have a live version recorded for some radio show that's particularly immense. If I have it, it's done the rounds. BBC I think it was anyway...

I agree. It's fantastic. It should be on everyone's playlist, but nobody even knows it. Terrible.

It's one of my favorite songs...maybe my favorite song. I wish I could listen to a live version.

Back
Top Bottom