I know it’s...not over

Erik

Subscriber
Just wondering if the general consensus on this site is Moz has another album in him? Or that he’ll release another one?

Just wondering if the general consensus on this site is Moz has another album in him? Or that he’ll release another one?
Its not a question of whether he has an album 'in him'. He doesn't write the songs, his musician/songwriters do. And of course they can provide the songs. He just has to write some words and sing on them. Easy. The issue is whether he will ever be offered a record deal again, now that well over half the fanbase has deserted him after he idiotically decided to start endorsing and campaigning for the far right.

Unfortunately, it all comes down to the issue of him not having a record deal. I have no doubt in my mind that Moz deep down has the inspiration to write another album, and I’m sure Boz & co wouldn’t mind writing some music, but if there’s no record deal I’m not sure Moz will bother. If that’s the case, he’s being silly. He doesn’t need a proper record deal.

I am very sure he could go into the studio right now and new material is ready to be recorded. But without a record deal he won‘t. It‘s that easy or complicated...

There is hope for some gigs in late 2021, early 2022 though.

Unfortunately, it all comes down to the issue of him not having a record deal. I have no doubt in my mind that Moz deep down has the inspiration to write another album, and I’m sure Boz & co wouldn’t mind writing some music, but if there’s no record deal I’m not sure Moz will bother. If that’s the case, he’s being silly. He doesn’t need a proper record deal.
Yep, biggest hurdle is lack of a record deal. If not mistaken, this is the 3rd time he's found himself without one post Maladjusted. I remember way back in 1999/2000 fans were wondering why he thought he still needed a proper record contract? And look how much the music industry has changed since then - yet Morrissey is still concerned with archaic things like chart position. So yeah, might get some live dates when things open up again... but wouldn't hold my breath for new material.

Last edited:
Yeah, he will if he wants to.

Should probably consult with someone about how to sell his work in less stressful ways.

hes only 61,hes hardly pishing his troosers in an old folks home,he could still be singing in his seventies,the voice will always be there.he has had a year of being stuck in the house so he could have written two or three albums.its all about a record company having a set of brass balls to keep the lefties at bay and take a chance on him.

Back
Top Bottom