I started something I couldn't finish: the Smiths reunion that wasn't - The Guardian

A somewhat padded-out interview with Messrs Joyce and Gannon about the recent Classically Smiths debacle.

I started something I couldn't finish: the Smiths reunion that wasn't - The Guardian
Three former members of the indie band were due to reunite for a series of gigs that fell apart as soon as they were announced. Mike Joyce and Craig Gannon explain why they tried to make it happen

42119_3360.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
"The reunion that never was died before it even got off the ground: a farcical second ending to a band whose legacy has already been tarnished by that court case, not to mention Morrissey’s pronouncements on race and Brexit."

So as Morrissey apparently supports a differing stance on leaving the EU this is classed by the journalist as "tarnishing" his legacy - what a f***ing whopper.

"The reunion that never was died before it even got off the ground: a farcical second ending to a band whose legacy has already been tarnished by that court case, not to mention Morrissey’s pronouncements on race and Brexit."

So as Morrissey apparently supports a differing stance on leaving the EU this is classed by the journalist as "tarnishing" his legacy - what a f***ing whopper.
Yes, but that's the Guardian for you. Anyone who supported Brexit is automatically racist by default.

"Well, because I called up Mozzer, Johnny, Andy, and Craig, seeing if they wanted to play a few shows, and they all told me to wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first, but I reckon I must have been constipated that day and took that as a good sign, so I called a press conference."
-Mike "Charlie Brown" Joyce

The shows were being organised by Bad Production, a company run by Joel Perry, based in Manchester, and Elliot Marks in California. Perry was at the Salford press launch with Joyce and Gannon, but after it emerged that the gigs were collapsing, he responded to requests for an interview with a one-line statement: “In response to recent comments in the press, the planned Classically Smiths events will now no longer be taking place.” Perry and Marks ignored repeated appeals from the Guardian for clarification; Perry’s phone appears to have been disconnected.

Glad to see the real culprits (bad productions) named and shamed in the article.

mike and craig should just carry on with a different bass player !!

If anyone was in any doubt about what an utterly opportunistic, parasitic twat Mike Joyce is, they surely won't be now.

If anyone was in any doubt about what an utterly opportunistic, parasitic twat Mike Joyce is, they surely won't be now.
Ah. I think you underestimate the delusional state of mind some people have here about Joyce.

He was a great drummer who went to court to protect his rights and the law fell in his favour. I don’t see how that necessarily makes him a terrible person.

Tags
classically smiths craig gannon mike joyce

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom