I started something I couldn't finish: the Smiths reunion that wasn't - The Guardian

A somewhat padded-out interview with Messrs Joyce and Gannon about the recent Classically Smiths debacle.

I started something I couldn't finish: the Smiths reunion that wasn't - The Guardian
Three former members of the indie band were due to reunite for a series of gigs that fell apart as soon as they were announced. Mike Joyce and Craig Gannon explain why they tried to make it happen

42119_3360.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
'I will post about who I want, where I want, when I want and I don't need your approval.'

I never said you needed my approval.

I was simply pointing out that commenting on a thread with ones opinions is not always trolling. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, it wasn't intentional. I was just using your post as an example to show Pep what I feel trolling is.

f*** off, you creepy piece of shit.

Anonymous, post: 1987061729"]Amy would say this is evidence that these two were bum chums. Bollocks, I say!

:lbf: Ooohhh, I sayy

All I can conclude from this entire thread and accompanying photo is that Mike Joyce has spent so much time with his accountant trying to figure out how to get Morrissey’s money that he has actually turned into one himself.

All I can conclude from this entire thread and accompanying photo is that Mike Joyce has spent so much time with his accountant trying to figure out how to get Morrissey’s money that he has actually turned into one himself.

You should research Uncle Skinny's posts to see how to construct a joke.

The first part of your sentence is too long-winded and convoluted leading to reader fatigue and your punchline is poorly rendered as the audience can't work out whether Mike Joyce has turned into an accountant, Morrissey's money, the accompanying photo or the entire thread.

You should research Uncle Skinny's posts to see how to construct a joke.

The first part of your sentence is too long-winded and convoluted leading to reader fatigue and your punchline is poorly rendered as the audience can't work out whether Mike Joyce has turned into an accountant, Morrissey's money, the accompanying photo or the entire thread.

Yeah this site doesn't really get my best work, it shows doesn't it? :lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:

I love your moniker.

tumblr_m5id3xOZNo1qajc4eo2_250.gif

Thanks for the gif! I remember the horrible incident and the movie, but Dingoes Ate My Baby was also the name of Oz's rock band in Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show. Unfortunately they sounded nothing like the Smiths. Loved that show though!

Sarah Michelle Gellar is so great. Had no idea that this was a band name, but I quite like it:

Thanks for the gif! I remember the horrible incident and the movie, but Dingoes Ate My Baby was also the name of Oz's rock band in Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show. Unfortunately they sounded nothing like the Smiths. Loved that show though!

I replied but forgot to tie it to this post...check it out. I am sure you will like it.

Aw, thanks for posting that's very kind of you!! I was over posting about Johnny Marr's hair - what a forum, eh?

Exactly. This can be a great place when we are not tearing each other's hair out. As long as nothing turns personal, I am all about reading what others think and feel about the issues raised on this site. Such a shame that so few can make it hard for so many to participate here. Everyone should have a voice. Thankfully there are many people like yourself that make this place somewhere I look forward to visiting. Hopefully your yard is dingo proofed!

Exactly. This can be a great place when we are not tearing each other's hair out. As long as nothing turns personal, I am all about reading what others think and feel about the issues raised on this site. Such a shame that so few can make it hard for so many to participate here. Everyone should have a voice. Thankfully there are many people like yourself that make this place somewhere I look forward to visiting. Hopefully your yard is dingo proofed!

Oh I know what you mean, I get bummed out by some of the posts here. It just doesn't have to be that way. We are all brought here by something we love. Thanks again and hope to read more of your posts and thoughts!

p.s. my baby is now too large to be carried off by dingoes - although some days I wish it weren't so! :)

Tags
classically smiths craig gannon mike joyce

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom