I Thought You Were Dead - Digital BMG release (MP3 - VBR & 320 kbps)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
A1FecOeXeYL._SS500_.jpg

(Poor quality art as per Amazon).

Here is the track from BMG as a digital download - no vinyl here folks.

The first is variable bit rate:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/9jcihw

The second is 320 kbps:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/0xwm8b

Both were store bought and 'official'.
I have mixed feelings about this having been in line on RSD, but the vinyl is nice and a digital copy less than 2 wks after is pretty good I guess.

Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

this is all very confusing,cheers for the dl fwd.

this is all very confusing,cheers for the dl fwd.
In a (large) nutshell:
Record Store Day vinyl 'exclusive' unreleased track = no longer so after today.
We had a few vinyl recordings surface here via kind people.
Adhouse's high quality sampling/bit rate being the best version - it was asked for with the anticipation that the song wouldn't get a digital release as it was RSD only so getting the best recording was paramount.
Then...
Less than 2 weeks later...
It was released on to Spotify & streaming sites, thus taking the shine off buying the vinyl.
Then, today, online stores were supplied with the track also.
iTunes will sell a file encoded at 256 kbps in AAC codec / M4A format (not always a popular format).
Amazon will sell a file encoded at 256 kbps (variable bit rate) in MP3 format.
Google top the list with a MP3 encoded at 320 kbps (as supplied above).
So, the 'best' quality is the Google digital version, but all 3 store versions will have the recording levels BMG intended - it's just generally accepted that the higher the bitrate the better it is.
Giving people access to the Google & Amazon versions is just for completists as they are from 'different' sources - you only really need one version.
So:
Adhouse's FLAC vinyl rip = best analogue version to date.
Google Music = best official digital version to date.
Regards,
FWD.

In a (large) nutshell:
Adhouse's high quality sampling/bit rate being the best version - it was asked for with the anticipation that the song wouldn't get a digital release as it was RSD only so getting the best recording was paramount.
Then...
It was released on to Spotify & streaming sites, thus taking the shine off buying the vinyl.
iTunes will sell a file encoded at 256 kbps in AAC codec / M4A format (not always a popular format).
So, the 'best' quality is the Google digital version, but all 3 store versions will have the recording levels BMG intended - it's just generally accepted that the higher the bitrate the better it is.
Giving people access to the Google & Amazon versions is just for completists as they are from 'different' sources - you only really need one version.
So:
Regards,
FWD.

Excellent. Thank You.

And now, please explain Brexit... ;)

In a (large) nutshell:
Then...
So:
Regards,
FWD.

In a nutshell, the turd is now fully polished.

Love this song, think it's one of his most fun and interesting in recent years. Like it a lot more than most of the last album. No idea why a Morrissey fan wouldn't like it...it's a very Morrissey song! It's been in my head all week.

Anyway, is it weird, the vinyl rip sounds a bit nicer to me. This one feels very aggressively loud and "smashed" and harsh. Maybe I just got used to the other one! Anyone have any thoughts about this? I'm not a mastering expert but I have noticed my distaste lately for super loud mastering.

Back
Top Bottom