I Thought You Were Dead - MP3 @ 320 and FLAC (updated 14 April)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Courtesy of Alfie Riff:
Here is an MP3 of the B-side of todays RSD 7".
It's great when the community here share rarities - especially when it's a limited / hard to get item (and so fast too).
So huge thanks to Alfie Riff.
Enjoy:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/32hfkr

Regards,
FWD.

I'm sure a FLAC will surface in time too.
Edit: less than 24 hrs later, it did! :)

UPDATE 14 April, 2019:

Static links that won't vanish:

I Thought You Were Dead - FLAC.
https://mega.nz/#!g010BIYB!HgxKPCAKaFU7leNO4WgfHEyuh8XYc9ox02tJ_e7Dnes

I Thought You Were Dead - MP3 (320 kbps).
https://mega.nz/#!9xsklShD!m2MCXibmp6L_PK-0WUleWzx18Dm0rhRF-75MTls2X58

Thanks to the other FWD for the new rip.

Last edited:
Cheers for this. If anyone gets a higher quality rip please post. Love it. Shame he didnt call it i thought you was dead

He shoots....and he misses again. Really does make you fret for the next album. I shall continue to follow the old boy, I can’t stop now after nearly 40 years, but these days it’s like suddenly realising your uncle has slipped into some form of dementia and you wished you’d spotted it and stepped in earlier. His helpers aren’t helping. All the more painful given the current astonishing quality of his voice (not this track obvs).

Naturally there remains the possibility that he will return triumphantly with a slab of soaring, wistful, elegiac tunes. Come on Uncle, you can do it.

Strange song, starts off with sounding like something like you would smash plates too in a Greek restaurant, verses are enjoyable but the rest isn't.

Strange song, starts off with sounding like something like you would smash plates too in a Greek restaurant, verses are enjoyable but the rest isn't.
Yes, strange music... like a country song from hell.
Agreed. The verses are really fun, but the "so nice" bits are quite underwhelming. It's quite a humourous and jovial song, innit? I certainly don't think it's complete dross like other members have been saying. It's just a fun little B-side.

I think people might remember the band were 'merry' quite a few nights in Italy.
Pictured arm in arm and tipsy on returning from nights out.
This appears to set the tone for things like Jesse shrieking in a wine cellar - to later be used on My Love I'd Do Anything For You. It could explain some part of this song. :)
Perhaps it even explains the Morrissey scooter 'incident' ;)
But seriously, I think it was just a creative moment using things likely to be around the Forum Music Village - which looks a rather top notch recording studio.
Regards,
FWD.

his voice sounds a lot younger than the deep baritone voice he has now.didnt like the song first time round because of the poor quality but after a few listens its certainly growing on me.

his voice sounds a lot younger than the deep baritone voice he has now.didnt like the song first time round because of the poor quality but after a few listens its certainly growing on me.
He seems to have his slight lisp back too, unless it’s my headphones that need replacing....

Sounds great, thanks!

Sounds great? It‘s sounds crap quality wise, even if they would have discribed it as a demo recording, which they did not. WHY put this garbage out?

——-

Edit (April 14): with the clear sound rip now appeared I have to admit the song is „so nice!“ :)

Last edited:
Sounds great? It‘s sounds crap quality wise, even if they would have discribed it as a demo recording, which they did not. WHY put this garbage out?

I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of the actual vinyl, and it sounds fine. I'm guessing this isn't a particularly good rip of the audio.

Back
Top Bottom