Morrissey Central "I TRIED LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD" (December 22, 2020)

INSTEAD OF A SHELL …

Video is by Paul Joseph Watson.

Tag line:
"Pubs closed. Christmas cancelled. Borders - still open!"

Watson has featured here quite a few times and has mentioned Morrissey in attempts to gain an interview, seek Twitter trending and commenting on multiculturalism amongst other things.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
I wonder if the humour is intended, most likely not. Strange effects can be produced when drugs and personality disorder end up entwined. Just downvote one of his or her posts, and see the reaction; Time consuming tit-for-tat-responses actuated by humourless vindictive desperation. This person is a pitiful non-stop running gag without a cause.
10 yes!!!!

You can't be serious. It's God-awful and not fit to sit alongside the worst of The Smiths output but even if it wasn't - who in their right mind would put monotonous synth dreck about 'no bus, no boss, no rain, no train' up there with There Is A Light, Last Night I Dreamt.. That Joke, I Know It's Over? Or the best of his solo work - Troubles Loves Me, Come Back to Camden, Maudlin Street, I've Changed My Plea to Guilty. I don't believe for one second that Morrissey thinks plodding, tune-impaired, phoned-in crap like STDIB is better than those songs, unless he has truly gone mad.

On Spotify, The Smiths get 5.5 monthly listeners, Morrissey gets 1.9 million monthly listeners. Looks like a lot of people prefer The Smiths output.

It’s strange that Spent The Day In Bed was used to evidence some decline in quality. It’s a fantastic single—and a match for much of The Smiths’ output.

You missed the words In my opinion , I’m my opinion it’s a million miles from being anywhere near any of The Smiths output. I’m pretty shocked you think that about STDIB.

I don't think he knows anything about these people - they loathe vegans, they all pretend to support the idea that Trump is the only hope for the Western world & Moz hates Trump - I think he either pays no attention to it or he gets it filtered through his laddish nephews & he's too doting to dispute it.

The discrepancy between the videos & his interviews (even with some of the junk internet news he's picked up) is too big.

and the earth is flat

and the earth is flat

🙄

With everyone else you can match what they say to the faction they've fallen into.

The second JK 'accidentally' liked the gender critical tweet & didn't donate to Mermaids to atone everyone knew she going to go full radical feminist & she did.

Moz appears to be in the 'Sam's Facebook faction'.

but according to Ms Daft Musicologist here, when Moz says his last 3 BMG albums are his best releases he really means that Le 🐸 is Satie or someone :crazy:

No, it just means that you can't grasp the basic concept that from thinking A is the best it does not follow that B must thought of as the worst. Morrissey has never said that Johnny Marr was a one-riff hack or that he doesn't deserve Smiths royalties. In fact, he's said the opposite. You lose.

Does Morrissey think Found Found Found is better than Sweet & Tender Hooligan? Probably not. Hopefully not. But you likely do.

My god can you imagine the insanity of a Burchill/Morrissey interview at this point?

Best option by far would be to go on Louis Theroux's "Grounded" podcast and behave like a grown-up. But he won't, of course.

I hadn't known of this podcast. I listened to the Miriam Margolyes and Boy George episodes. They were both amusing. "In this day and age, Miriam, I don't think you're supposed to struggle to differentiate between a Chinese person and a Japanese."

You're right, Theroux would be a good interlocutor for him at this stage. He's of the right vintage.

Some people really like Spent the Day In Bed. I guess there's no arguing taste. I just abhor that boppy "dink-dinky-dink, dink, dink" keyboard line, and the lyrics aren't much better. "The news is contrived to frighten you." Fine. What are conspiracy theories that the world's governments are controlled by a Satanic pedophilic Illuminati cabal contrived to do? And then when coupled with prideful meat-eating macho-cutesy posturing. The news is comparatively innocuous.

No, it just means that you can't grasp the basic concept that from thinking A is the best it does not follow that B must thought of as the worst. Morrissey has never said that Johnny Marr was a one-riff hack or that he doesn't deserve Smiths royalties. In fact, he's said the opposite. You lose.

Does Morrissey think Found Found Found is better than Sweet & Tender Hooligan? Probably not. Hopefully not. But you likely do.

🧐

WTF?? you said that the stuff with the rickety Le🐸
:guitar:riff was best not Moz FFS
Moz is very respectful unlike :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
who is uncouth. He tries to be diplomatic when
he says that its painful to listen to the material with
the truculent 🪱

Everybody knows Le 🐸 has but one :guitar:
thats why he is fired from all the groups once the fact becomes apparent to the cucks who were dumb enough to get him to play
on their sucky records in the first place.

OY look over yonderdoh:
now we have Jethro "surface" Bodine chiming in:lbf:

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: couldnt, in a billion comet years, make the music for Spent the Day in Bed.:lbf:

it has melody which confuses the little :guitar: rickety riff:blushing:

In addition, Spent the Day in Bed has a great video—the best since Alma Matters.

I enjoy the first two Electronic albums (The first is a classic), and the Bert Jansch album. Otherwise, Marr’s work without Morrissey has been pedestrian. On balance, the mediocre Boomslang was a high point as a ‘solo’ project. Unbelievably, that album is nearly 18 years old.

Marr should of course join New Order. They seem to want his sound, and he evidently benefits from working with Sumner: it’s a shoo-in.

🧐

NO has the sucky computer chip for free which already includes rickety :guitar:s
they bought the computer chip off that 🪱
Hooky who five fingered it and wouldnt give it back.
since nobody involved can play instruments they had
to pay. thats why when you see a hooky/NO video the music
and the singing are not in synch. the lips move the the singing comes
several seconds later.:blushing:
rumors that they had to pay 12 ooo talents for the dumb chip.:blushing:

WTF?? you said that the stuff with the rickety Le🐸
:guitar:riff was best not Moz FFS

Correct. Morrissey and I have different opinions about which segment of his output is best. Just like you and Morrissey have differing opinions about the quality and diversity of Johnny Marr’s songwriting for the Smiths. Morrissey is glowing in his praise, never says it’s a mono-riff, and never questions Marr’s right to royalties. You have gone so bonkers in your devotion to Morrissey that you’ve left even Morrissey himself behind.

Some people really like Spent the Day In Bed. I guess there's no arguing taste. I just abhor that boppy "dink-dinky-dink, dink, dink" keyboard line, and the lyrics aren't much better. "The news is contrived to frighten you." Fine. What are conspiracy theories that the world's governments are controlled by a Satanic pedophilic Illuminati cabal contrived to do? And then when coupled with prideful meat-eating macho-cutesy posturing. The news is comparatively innocuous.

I find it difficult to compare his music from different periods of time, phases and moods. So, I don't exercise that.

On the other hand, some of the material posted on Central lately have contrived to frighten me, because I can't see through them those Morrissey's ideas/songs I've identified myself with and learned to love. And the idea of losing that feeling saddens me.

However, I know that when we build an image of someone it's always the result of the actual signs and messages that person expresses mixed with our own projections onto them.

Correct. Morrissey and I have different opinions about which segment of his output is best. Just like you and Morrissey have differing opinions about the quality and diversity of Johnny Marr’s songwriting for the Smiths. Morrissey is glowing in his praise, never says it’s a mono-riff, and never questions Marr’s right to royalties. You have gone so bonkers in your devotion to Morrissey that you’ve left even Morrissey himself behind.

Oh YOU and Morrissey have different opinions. Lolz.

Oh YOU and Morrissey have different opinions. Lolz.

I’ll prefer the honesty of a Noel Gallagher admitting when he’s past his prime to a Morrissey puffing out his chest in a “till the death” love for his late-career glinkety-glink keyboards and synth-bop. Both had braggadocio from the beginning, but only one of them appears to have thought to check its expiration date.

I’ll prefer the honesty of a Noel Gallagher admitting when he’s past his prime to a Morrissey puffing out his chest in a “till the death” love for his late-career glinkety-glink keyboards and synth-bop. Both had braggadocio from the beginning, but only one of them appears to have thought to check its expiration date.

Moz came out with the most contemporary and relevant sounding record he could for the times. Do you want him to keep making Smiths records? This isn't 1983 anymore.

Moz came out with the most contemporary and relevant sounding record he could for the times. Do you want him to keep making Smiths records? This isn't 1983 anymore.
I’m not a Dog, sounds decidedly retro to me. Almost ironically so (like Saint Etienne). I’m not convinced he wanted to sound contemporary through that record.

For the most part, I think Morrissey has had an excellent solo career. But the point should never be to sound “contemporary.” The genius of the Smiths was that they transcended their time.

And no, I don’t expect Morrissey to make his best music at sixty-one; few if any artists do. But he doesn’t have to go in for synth-bop to sound fresh. His best songs these days are those that deviate from the usual Tobias chug-rock and Manzurian electro-tinkle: What Kind of People, Tel-Aviv, Israel, &c. I don’t hate the BMG output entirely. You could compile one good album from the best of the three.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom