Morrissey Central "I TRIED LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD" (December 22, 2020)

INSTEAD OF A SHELL …

Video is by Paul Joseph Watson.

Tag line:
"Pubs closed. Christmas cancelled. Borders - still open!"

Watson has featured here quite a few times and has mentioned Morrissey in attempts to gain an interview, seek Twitter trending and commenting on multiculturalism amongst other things.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
For the most part, I think Morrissey has had an excellent solo career. But the point should never be to sound “contemporary.” The genius of the Smiths was that they transcended their time.

And no, I don’t expect Morrissey to make his best music at sixty-one; few if any artists do. But he doesn’t have to go in for synth-bop to sound fresh. His best songs these days are those that deviate from the usual Tobias chug-rock and Manzurian electro-tinkle: What Kind of People, Tel-Aviv, Israel, &c. I don’t hate the BMG output entirely. You could compile one good album from the best of the three.
You selected tracks from one of his most insipid recent albums. I can't trust you.

Correct. Morrissey and I have different opinions about which segment of his output is best. Just like you and Morrissey have differing opinions about the quality and diversity of Johnny Marr’s songwriting for the Smiths. Morrissey is glowing in his praise, never says it’s a mono-riff, and never questions Marr’s right to royalties. You have gone so bonkers in your devotion to Morrissey that you’ve left even Morrissey himself behind.
🧐

O so "YOU" MS Daft Music Book,:blushing:
differ with Moz the artist and creator as to which 'segment'
of 'his' work is best.:lbf:

from what I remember from reality, both Moz and myself AGREE that his BMG albums are HIS BEST materials.o_O

Jesse already has said that the 🪱that goes by the name
of Le🐸 is a non playing mini twat.:thumb:

🧐

O so "YOU" MS Daft Music Book,:blushing:
of 'his' work is best.:lbf:

from what I remember from reality, both Moz and myself AGREE that his BMG albums are HIS BEST materials.o_O

Jesse already has said that the 🪱that goes by the name
of Le🐸 is a non playing mini twat.:thumb:
Only the most embittered could deny Dog its place among the pantheon of Morrissey’s best efforts. It’s exceptionally good. Some will never forgive him for that.

Watched Kiss Me Kate with a hangover this afternoon. I'm taking this as a sign that theatre is calling him... 😁

O so "YOU" MS Daft Music Book,
of 'his' work is best.

Correct. I haven't any obligation to agree with him. No musician can prevent a listener from having his or her own tastes and preferences. One thing Morrissey seems able to do preternaturally better than most, though, is to instill such a cultish devotion among many of his listeners that they will fawn over every musical Manzurian fart, tend toward the Man-God's opinion, and ignore the emperor's new clothes.

from what I remember from reality, both Moz and myself AGREE that his BMG albums are HIS BEST materials.

That's not a point of contention. Where you disagree with Morrissey is in your assessment of Johnny Marr's talent in the Smiths and whether he deserves his Smiths royalties.

Last edited:
Some people must've heard the Smiths for the first time and thought, "the lyrics and the singing are fantastic! If only the music could sound a bit more like Frankie Goes to Hollywood, or jagged icy guitar sludge, or some combination of the two."

Some people must've heard the Smiths for the first time and thought, "the lyrics and the singing are fantastic! If only the music could sound a bit more like Frankie Goes to Hollywood, or jagged icy guitar sludge, or some combination of the two."
Yes, and found partial satisfaction with the third Electronic album.

Congratulations, you’ve reached your nadir. If anyone suspected that you might be a completely out of touch dipshit, this post should confirm it.
Spent the Day in Bed has turned out to be the most relevant song of our age.

Only Morrissey could write a song about the Corona-Scam two years in advance.

Spent the Day in Bed has turned out to be the most relevant song of our age.

Insofar as the music of our current age generally sucks, even the music made by Morrissey, then yes.

Otherwise the narrator seems to be enjoying a self-imposed, girly, luxuriant lockdown. He's reclining with his fluffy pillows. They're like pillars. What a pampered queen. He says "no emasculation, no castration," but who does he think he's kidding? "And no bus, no boss, no rain, no train." One imagines the InfoWars, :frogface: , & Petersonista brigade wanting to chastise this person: for not getting out there and working hard and banging beaver (procreatively, that is) and tearing into a steak like a "real man" is supposed to do. Somewhere, Henry Rollins still wants to beat Morrissey up.

I lay on an absurdly white stone bench (part of someone's grave) with the verdant grass all around listening to I Am Not A Dog On A Chain and that album is now green and white in my head. I was thinking about how us British identify with colour more than objects. We say 'a red windmill' the fact that it's red, being more important than the fact that it's a windmill, whereas the French say 'Moulin Rouge', a windmill, red. Its funny how language can show a certain way of thinking. Some philosophers believe there is no thought without language. I think us British are perhaps more abstract in our thoughts than the French, because colour means more to us than what an object actually is.
Language is haunted, with the fears and controlling desires of our forebears.

Look at Verso: he’s basically paralysed when he hears the word ‘science’.

Insofar as the music of our current age generally sucks, even the music made by Morrissey, then yes.

Otherwise the narrator seems to be enjoying a self-imposed, girly, luxuriant lockdown. He's reclining with his fluffy pillows. They're like pillars. What a pampered queen. He says "no emasculation, no castration," but who does he think he's kidding? "And no bus, no boss, no rain, no train." One imagines the InfoWars, :frogface: , & Petersonista brigade wanting to chastise this person: for not getting out there and working hard and banging beaver (procreatively, that is) and tearing into a steak like a "real man" is supposed to do. Somewhere, Henry Rollins still wants to beat Morrissey up.
You’re yielding.

Correct. I haven't any obligation to agree with him. No musician can prevent a listener from having his or her own tastes and preferences. One thing Morrissey seems able to do preternaturally better than most, though, is to instill such a cultish devotion among many of his listeners that they will fawn over every musical Manzurian fart, tend toward the Man-God's opinion, and ignore the emperor's new clothes.

That's not a point of contention. Where you disagree with Morrissey is in your assessment of Johnny Marr's talent in the Smiths and whether he deserves his Smiths royalties.

:rolleyes:
Moz is preventing you from having taste and preferences WTF
are you imbibing Negronis?:crazy:

he collects the royalties because Moz gave it to him in the contract when they started out. He never thought that the little :guitar: riff he did
during the first few songs would be the only :guitar: clic clacky riff he would come up with.
Le 🐸 only made the dumb :guitar: thats it, Moz made the lyrics AND the MUSICAL MELODIES.
its been 3o yrs since, and Le 🐸 has yet to locate a single melody FFS:rolleyes:

all the lawnmowers, including the head one, Le 🐸 live off and feed themselves off Moz directly or indirectly. They are schlomers.:blushing:

Yes, I guess I can summon up a perverse kind of appreciation for Spent the Day In Bed if its spirit of laziness and delicacy can piss off the industrious, bootstrapping Paul Joseph Watsons of the world. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Last edited:

Moz is flush with green.:moneybag:
Le 🐸 is the one auctioning his baubles.:)

Yes, I guess I can summon up a perverse kind of appreciation for Spent the Day In Bed if its spirit of laziness and delicacy can piss of the industrious, bootstrapping Paul Joseph Watsons of the world. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
That’s Morrissey’s work: mysterious in its ways.

That’s Morrissey’s work: mysterious in its ways.

Ah, alas—if it only it succeeded. Unfortunately, those very same shit-kickers and steak-eaters are claiming Morrissey for one of their own. And now he's sharing their videos on his website. And with that, we're stuck back at the OP.

Ah, alas—if it only it succeeded. Unfortunately, those very same shit-kickers and steak-eaters are claiming Morrissey for one of their own. And now he's sharing their videos on his website. And with that, we're stuck back at the OP.
It’s unsustainable: Paul will be swigging soya milk before you know it.

It’s the numpties here who will revert to celebrating sausages.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom