"I Want to Wrap My Arms Around Paris"

Well, joke or not, sadly, this world is full of repressed, tasteless, dimwits. So even if I wasn't joking, well, as you've seen for the past 20+ years, Morrissey only appeals to a very select, unique but loyal fanbase. And I really do think Morrissey is very content with that. Maybe when he started the Smiths, he was definately more ambitious, its youthful ambition. But now, at his age, and what he's been through...I think he's happy just writting music, singing on stage, and still having a good quality fanbase, as opposed to a shitty massive fanbase as one that follows shameful artist like Spice Girls, Britney, My Chemical, etc. I think this is reflective in his solo career. His solo career is less 'pop' than the Smiths were. And in a way, it makes sense. Morrissey has his voice, and his mind, and a pen. The Smiths were a whole pop arrangement for him to sing over.
Anyway, I don't think I'm better than anyone, because for one, even though I've been following Morrissey for 14 years, there's always those who have been there since day one, 25 years ago. So, yeah, there's always a fan out there that has been to more shows, met morrissey more times, and has posted on this so-low board many more years than say I, or you. So what difference does it make?

I dunno, I'm actually disgusted at the idea of Morrissey wanting more Money. I really don't think that's his goal. I mean, he's said it in the past, when he tours he doesn't profit much out of it. Now, radio play, yes, who wouldn't like their songs played on the radio? and he's achieved it, with The More you Ignore Me, Suedehead, Tomorrow, and more recently "The first of the gang to die," and "Irish Blood." And guess what? He still complains, that's his nature.

:rolleyes:

I like this a lot. One thing, I'm not worried about him wanting more money, if that's the case. I don't think he will change what he does to try to make more money. It would probably not be that difficult for him to look at what his biggest hits were and model each record after that sound. He doesn't hire co-writers or buy hit songs, and I really think ROTT would have been a much different album if he wanted more money. It's very awkward.

Anyway, I agree with you. I don't mind hearing him on the radio and I like it when he has hit songs. I'm not exclusive to new fans or any of that. Mostly though, you're right that he does what he does and it works, and he has loyal fans and he knows that.

I like this a lot. One thing, I'm not worried about him wanting more money, if that's the case. I don't think he will change what he does to try to make more money. It would probably not be that difficult for him to look at what his biggest hits were and model each record after that sound. He doesn't hire co-writers or buy hit songs, and I really think ROTT would have been a much different album if he wanted more money. It's very awkward.

Anyway, I agree with you. I don't mind hearing him on the radio and I like it when he has hit songs. I'm not exclusive to new fans or any of that. Mostly though, you're right that he does what he does and it works, and he has loyal fans and he knows that.

Yes. Morrissey has plenty of money. And plenty of fans, and plenty of stardom. and it grows, ever so slowly, but it does grow. So no complaints.
I think Morrissey's albums are very thematic...so whereas Quarry was a big groundbreaker in his career, it reached the radio waves, etc. I think he was definately comfortable swaying away from that for his follow up album. Not to say that he won't make more albums like "Quarry" and "Arsenal" but ROTT definately feels more relaxed, romantic, poetic even than Quarry.
Who listens to the damn radio nowadays anyway? Not me. Its really painful to have to change the channels after every song, because, though they may play one or two good songs here and there, those good songs get lost amongst hundreds of other shitty songs that I really don't care for. So I rather not waste my time tuning in.

I am definately following Morrissey to his grave :)
No matter what album he comes up with, I always love something about it. I do have my favorites, but he's kept me interested this long, and his style doesn't seem to change much, so I think he'll have many of us entertained for a few more years.

Last edited:
my supervisor at work is called Paris....if i wrapped my arms around him, he would punch my lights out!

Dude, only the people who were there tonight..know what the song's lyrics are...and nobody's posted them or even alluded to what the song is about yet...

Hopefully, we'll know more by tomorrow...

I think it might be the CITY of Paris

Texas that is

it's about Paris Hilton and the lady love she got when she was banged up .LOL
*ducks*

"I'm throwing my arms around Paris
because only stone and steel can (contain / accept) my love..."

Final line is...

"You've made yourself plain,
You've made yourself painfully plain..."

It's the best I can do at the moment. It is a sterling and stunningly beautiful song.

Last edited:
"I'm throwing my arms around Paris
because only stone and steel can (contain) my love..."

Final line is...

"You've made yourself plain,

It's the best I can do at the moment. It is a sterling and stunningly beautiful song.

See told you it was about paris H , she left prison without make up:"You've made yourself plain,

i'm kiddin i'm kiddin LOL
Don't hate me.

So the Roma affair is over and Paris is his new love?

Why did he lose interest in Italy after such a short time? Or has he not?

I will try to get a recording tomorrow in Birmingham- but I won't be able to upload it until Sunday night. I'll need to know how to convert an MP4 to an MP3.

Sings There is a Light and a new song in Jacksonville....but not Orlando!!!! Why?????:(

I will try to get a recording tomorrow in Birmingham- but I won't be able to upload it until Sunday night. I'll need to know how to convert an MP4 to an MP3.

Burn your MP4 as CD Audio..then rip as Mp3....Or find a program that will convert MP4 to MP3...I haven't seen a free one...but then again I haven't looked for a while

Haha... found a very good way of recording straight to MP3, all with equipment that will already be in hand! Still probably won't be able to upload until Sunday, sorry.

Re: Video: "i Want To Wrap My Arms Around Paris"

Thank you very much for this! :D I have a question for anyone who was there, did he introduce the song as new before he played it? In Chicago he didn't introduce All You Need is Me at all though in Indianapolis he did.

Back
Top Bottom