"I Want to Wrap My Arms Around Paris"

Ditto, baby. No shit. Nobody wants his love? I guess he doesn't come here. We are forming a line as we speak to get a little taste of his love... oh shit. My sangria is talking again.

Nevermind. Moz, you are right. You are a loser and no one wants you. Call me and we'll discuss it privately.

I think it's time someone went to bed, because someone has an early start tomorrow. :p

Actually this applies to me too.

The song does not necessarily have to be about Morrissey himself.
Maybe the lyrics are an allusion to Wilde's last years in Paris...?

Thhhhppppbbbhhhh! :p You're just jealous because I have Trader Joe's Sangria and it's really good! My flight isn't until 10:45 and I only live 20 minutes from the airport!

Damn! You'll sleep later than me! And yes, I am jealous of your Trader Joe's Sangria. :p

I'm starting to wish I had booked a flight instead of a car. Oh well.... I'll still sleep later this way. (I'm getting obsessive about sleep b/c I know I'll have little to none for the next 4 days. Moz is worth it though! And honestly he'll probably be sleeping about the same amount as me for the next 4 days so I can't complain. Although his bus does have a bed.)

Re: Video: "i Want To Wrap My Arms Around Paris"

Thanks you soooo much!! I sort of like it.:)

Thanks for posting as well as your other videos. I really hope he plays this song in Philly. To hear something new would be really cool.

Ooh, I'm really pleased at the idea that it's partly about Wilde. :D Paris seemed like a semi-random choice; this makes it less so.

Also, I can credit someone back from the Paris Hilton speculations for making me wonder if "plain" has a couple meanings - the person making themselves clear, and also, I don't know - fading in his memory, or being deliberately unappealing to push him away.

I will echo whoever (was it this thread or the other?) said that the sound was Maladjusted- or Southpaw-reminiscent... I really like the lyric on its own (it's sharp, though admittedly a bit thin), and I like the sound of the song, but I'm not feeling the melody at all. We'll see what comes of it in the future.

Last edited:
And in the absence of love ???? (couldn't tell what he said)
I have decided I'm throwing my arms around, around Paris because
only stone & steel accept my love
In the absence of your smiling face
I traveled all over the place & I have decided
I'm throwing my arms around, around Paris because...

am I the only one who thinks this is a refence to Oscar Wildes grave
in Paris
?

oh come on morrissey. nobody wants my love? i think at this point, all he has to do is look around, and see all of us....
it is quite ridiculous. i don't buy it. the song is wonderful, but he needs to stop that unnecessary wallowing in self pity. i understand being unhappy with the world, i relate to it, but being unloved? Morrissey should be the last person in the world complaining about people not wanting his love....

Harsh reality time: when he says "nobody wants my love" what he means is "nobody that I want wants me".

oh come on morrissey. nobody wants my love? i think at this point, all he has to do is look around, and see all of us....
it is quite ridiculous. i don't buy it. the song is wonderful, but he needs to stop that unnecessary wallowing in self pity. i understand being unhappy with the world, i relate to it, but being unloved? Morrissey should be the last person in the world complaining about people not wanting his love....

Being loved and adored by your audience isn't real, and isn't the same as having someone to love. It's probably much harder for him to find someone suitable than it is for anyone else. He doesn't get to meet anyone as an anonymous person and start off on an even footing, and he has to be wary about their motives and true intentions. Plus it's probably harder to meet the right person as you get older because they are all either taken, or mad, or they have nothing at all in common with you.
I personally think the song is outstanding, it's got classic written all over it.

I'm back. Caught offguard so I missed beginning but got most of it and was farther back at the momment.

http://www.youtube.com/SDHigbie

This guy deserves a medal or something.

Didn't you post the first version of All You Need Is Me?

Paris and Oscar Wilde? Doubtful. With recent mentions of Claude Brasseur and Christian Dior, no need to go that far back.

Harsh reality time: when he says "nobody wants my love" what he means is "nobody that I want wants me".

Exactly.

No, it wasn't "All You Need..." that I first posted it was the other new one, "That's How..." Glad I can provide a first again. My new camera has great digital quality (not evident because I was farther back during this song) but poor sound quality. I'm trying to improve the sound before posting the rest from Orlando and Jax. I knew the discussions would have fervor. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom