I was going to post about my ebay experience...

F

Folly

But when I signed on I had several notes from friends about the tragic accident and loss of life involving Kirsty MacColl. I hope that whomever out there believes in prayer and higher whatever will send their compassion and gentle thoughts to her boys, Steve Lillywhite and her friends (including our dearest subject Morrissey), and all who knew her. She was pivotol in the music genre, and was very talented. I send my best to them, and offer up my prayers for those I have mentioned.

God Bless you Kirsty. You will be sadly missed.

:::no 'Ta's' for today:::

I screamed!

When I just read about Kirsty, I yelled out "Oh My God!" and scared the women in the office!...Just last night I was bringing some friends home after the bars closed and I had in GALORE, her best of album I guess, And they asked who it was. I was telling my friends who she was and giving this full description of how great she was.

Then I came into work and read the news.

Terrible. Im totaly shocked.

Kirsty was Amazing. I fortuanetly enough got to see her in LA about three or four years ago at The Troubadour. She was Fabulous! I loved her writing.

Re: It's bloody awful isn't it...

Not only was she a VERY good singer and all that but she was just so lovely too. Why her? Why not some horrible person?

I saw her live once when she supported Morrissey in London and she was amazing.

I never knew her and it's silly when people go all Princess Diana Death Syndrome' but I have to say this is all very unsettling. In fact I'm going to take a stand and say this is not good!

But I instantly thought about her children too...I remember when I was little and she was on that horrible kids programme with timmy mallet on it and she had her twins with her then...oh this is just too terrible.

It's redundant I know but I have to say I wish this hadn't happened.

> Not only was she a VERY good singer and all that but she was
> just so lovely too. Why her? Why not some horrible person?

You know, I asked this very question over and over when my Mother was sick and died from cancer 3 years ago- I even asked that they take me instead of her. She was such an amazing person...not that I'm not, but she was able to do so much for so many through her charity! But I digress to the next point:

> It's redundant I know but I have to say I wish this hadn't
> happened.
We all have to go at some point. It is just magnified in it's amazing madness (death, that is) when someone influential, beautiful, talented and parental (esp. to twins- I am also a twin) loses their life so early, or so it seems to us. We all attatch such an earthly aspect to life when we don't see ourselves as spiritual AND physical at the same time. It all becomes this amazing missing piece in the puzzle of life when someone goes where we can no longer physically have them to hold, talk to, call on the phone- that sort of ditty. It has taken me a long time to even get through mass every week without crying for my Mom; but I will have to make it through worse. And still there are the special days that we miss our loved ones : Christmas (or holidays in general), my birthday, my family getting together and she isn't there. And I think the biggest one for me was the birth of my youngest monster: she came a year to the day Mom told us she would die.

Life is amazing, and I find death is too. Just the lesser of the explored. Dear Ms. MacColl is unfortunately for her family in a better happier place. She will no longer physically be able to help them with what they need, but she will be able to guide them from the most spectacular of venues. I express this out of compassion for them and hopefully all will see my care for every living being, even though I can be a bit harsh sometimes!

Think positive thoughts for her and her family- they will need all they can get!

Geeze. What will we do when (gasp) it comes time for someone else huge to pass on?...

> We all attatch such an earthly aspect to life when we don't see
> ourselves as spiritual AND physical at the same time. It all
> becomes this amazing missing piece in the puzzle of life when
> someone goes where we can no longer physically have them to
> hold, talk to, call on the phone- that sort of ditty.

isn't that the weirdest thing about death: they were here and now suddenly they're not! and where the heck does everybody go and why can't we talk to them, it feels so final and sad...

> Life is amazing, and I find death is too. Just the lesser of the
> explored. Dear Ms. MacColl is unfortunately for her family in a
> better happier place. She will no longer physically be able to
> help them with what they need, but she will be able to guide
> them from the most spectacular of venues. I express this out of
> compassion for them and hopefully all will see my care for every
> living being, even though I can be a bit harsh sometimes!

> Think positive thoughts for her and her family- they will need
> all they can get!

> Geeze. What will we do when (gasp) it comes time for someone
> else huge to pass on?...

> You know, I asked this very question over and over when my
> Mother was sick and died from cancer 3 years ago- I even asked
> that they take me instead of her. She was such an amazing
> person...not that I'm not, but she was able to do so much for so
> many through her charity! But I digress to the next point:
> We all have to go at some point. It is just magnified in it's
> amazing madness (death, that is) when someone influential,
> beautiful, talented and parental (esp. to twins- I am also a
> twin) loses their life so early, or so it seems to us. We all
> attatch such an earthly aspect to life when we don't see
> ourselves as spiritual AND physical at the same time. It all
> becomes this amazing missing piece in the puzzle of life when
> someone goes where we can no longer physically have them to
> hold, talk to, call on the phone- that sort of ditty. It has
> taken me a long time to even get through mass every week without
> crying for my Mom; but I will have to make it through worse. And
> still there are the special days that we miss our loved ones :
> Christmas (or holidays in general), my birthday, my family
> getting together and she isn't there. And I think the biggest
> one for me was the birth of my youngest monster: she came a year
> to the day Mom told us she would die.

> Life is amazing, and I find death is too. Just the lesser of the
> explored. Dear Ms. MacColl is unfortunately for her family in a
> better happier place. She will n

Folly,
IIt's not often that people say anything autobiographical on this site.
I too was stunned at yestedays news, and think your words summed it up beatifully.
I also related to your own personal experiences and i think you have thought often about your mother
since her passing. Your words were weighted and thoughtful , a tribute to her.
sincerely meant,
L'Estrange

Back
Top Bottom