I wish you lonely (unoffical video)

smiler

I edited together an unoffical video for I wish you lonely but it is currently blocked worldwide by BMG. (edit - no longer blocked)

Last edited:
The left and right hands are working completely separately.
Sharing someone else's Rita Tushingham video or fan-made photos when they please and then letting the algorithm wreak havoc with copyright strikes without a care or appreciating free advertising in the next breath.
There are even poor schmos that get flagged for radios playing in the background of their videos.
It's probably not worth risking a youtube strike/closure of your channel, but good luck to you.
FWD.

Currently unblocked. I challenged it. Might come back to bite me. Let me know what you think of the video. Ta

Currently unblocked. I challenged it. Might come back to bite me. Let me know what you think of the video. Ta
That was very good indeed.
You captured the zeitgeist of the song perfectly.
Fits in well with some of the ideas being discussed re: lyrics.
Perhaps, after jumping all over it with copyright issues - they could share it on the 'official' site. It's certainly worthy of that.
Regards,
FWD.

well done. the images add a new layer of meaning to the lyrics which is interesting to follow. i wondered a bit why there is such a prolonged focus on the monarchy, esp morrissey as charles, as i see it, and how the heroin addicts at the end fit into this royal context. all in all, an appealing video.

I wasn't casting Morrissey as Charles, he was meant to be leading her to her execution! I was just taking my lead from the theme of the album generally.

Its a interesting song

Starts in verse one wishing loneliness on an individual for selfishness so that the "target" may feel how he (Morrissey) feels all of the time.
The middle 8 break reminded me of Whale song/sounds and so I used that as a reoccurring theme
the songs shifts focus to broadly condemn war and how (foolish) soldiers are led to their death (tombs of fools) by selfish leaders
Then a further shift (romance gone wrong) and the heroine retain which to me was a reference to the wasted (lonely) life associated with addiction death (a different type of fools in tombs) - again that my interpretation
Finally the humpback whale reference, again he wishes the "target" of the song felt the same as the lonely hounded Whale but in the same breath also glorifies the Whale's indefatigable attitude.

Last edited:
Good video, as obvious as it may sound it’s very British . ( no complains) I pictured the song in a more global way though . The whale metaphor is fascinating and in my mind the chorus he sings .. ohhh ohhh ohhh - sounds pretty much like a whale .
Good job!

I wasn't casting Morrissey as Charles, he was meant to be leading her to her execution! I was just taking my lead from the theme of the album generally.

Its a interesting song

Starts in verse one wishing loneliness on an individual for selfishness so that the "target" may feel how he (Morrissey) feels all of the time.
The middle 8 break reminded me of Whale song/sounds and so I used that as a reoccurring theme
the songs shifts focus to broadly condemn war and how (foolish) soldiers are led to their death (tombs of fools) by selfish leaders
Then a further shift (romance gone wrong) and the heroine retain which to me was a reference to the wasted (lonely) life associated with addiction death (a different type of fools in tombs) - again that my interpretation
Finally the humpback whale reference, again he wishes the "target" of the song felt the same as the lonely hounded Whale but in the same breath also glorifies the Whale's indefatigable attitude.

" but in the same breath also glorifies the Whale's indefatigable attitude"

I like this interpretation very much and it also makes me wonder if by singing " I wish you lonely ", that it is meant as a negative or resentful emotion to someone specific or people in general, as they are hurting him in any way and wants to hit back.
As he stated many times that to be lonely is positive and confronts yourself with you, being you, accepting yourself as a person, an ndividual, and makes you stronger and more relying on your own persoñality, whatever that may be.
I think it is a great song. :thumb:

I like this, Smiler. Some nice clips nicely put together. Relevant enough to the lyrics without being too close.

Possible missed opportunity, though - you could probably have moved the footage of Morrissey at around 43 seconds to the end of the scene at 30 seconds and given the impression that he was in the room with the Queen. He's dressed similarly enough to JB, I reckon.

I like this, Smiler. Some nice clips nicely put together. Relevant enough to the lyrics without being too close.

Possible missed opportunity, though - you could probably have moved the footage of Morrissey at around 43 seconds to the end of the scene at 30 seconds and given the impression that he was in the room with the Queen. He's dressed similarly enough to JB, I reckon.

Thanks. That was the impression I was trying to give, that he was meeting the queen and leading her off...

" but in the same breath also glorifies the Whale's indefatigable attitude"

I like this interpretation very much and it also makes me wonder if by singing " I wish you lonely ", that it is meant as a negative or resentful emotion to someone specific or people in general, as they are hurting him in any way and wants to hit back.
As he stated many times that to be lonely is positive and confronts yourself with you, being you, accepting yourself as a person, an ndividual, and makes you stronger and more relying on your own persoñality, whatever that may be.
I think it is a great song. :thumb:

It's a song about freedom and independence.

Back
Top Bottom