IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

They should be more disgusted by the rest of UK politics.

Nige only said what he said about Anne Marie because he didn't want UKIP to be about religion (he didn't say it about FB), Anne Marie got obsessed with religion because she spent too much time looking at religious based injustices. She formed a marginal party that will get nowhere & she herself has marginal identities, as does Moz. Who said barely a word about them, doesn't vote, doesn't campaign...

Where have those 'decent' people moved on to? The Labour Party which is very unlikely to survive the EHRC investigation into allegations of racism.

Or The Tories with its Windrush & immigration scandals.

The Greens with their Halal slaughter row & the eco fascism stuff.

Or are they all lib-dems?

Really, if they can look at all that & think they have to desert Morrissey, they're idiots.

There you go again, calling people who can think for themselves idiots. You say this a lot, do you think you are superior to everyone else?

You're completely wrong there, Neejerk. Fans who have deserted him are (like any decent human being) simply disgusted by his racism, and his support for a far-right party that even Nigel Farage described as too extreme. Most of the decent people that ever liked him have moved on.
Absolute nonsense, I was at both the Leeds & London gigs and met up with loads of the hardcore Moz fans (before & after gigs) plus I'm not one for hanging on the barrier, I prefer to be out of the 'pit' area and everyone I came into contact with from people I know to strangers within the gig to waiting in queue at the merchandise were very decent respectful folks. You're trying to spread lies about his fans that simply aren't true, you weren't there and you've decided to make up stuff because you're a snowflake❄

Hilarious. Serves him right for his wretched political views. Shame on those who still try and make excuses for him
Yet here you are, off you go Luther Vandross is next up on your Now That's What I Call Muzak, Volume 69?

Q: "Fleaur East's new album didn't even make the 100 . So disappointed"

R: "Don't be - New entries' chart positions are mostly based on anticipated sales, not on actual sales. The chart is actually pretty meaningless. It is only a list of albums that the publishers think you'll buy, nothing else. Checkout the high number of top 10 new entries that vanish the following week never to be seen again."

I know sod all about how these album charts work, but is there any truth in the response to the Fleaur [sic] East comment? It might explain a few things, but not sure if it has any basis at all.
(P.S. I was looking at the UK album chart top 100 and the subsequent comments section).
Fleaur 'Beast From The' East there!

There you go again, calling people who can think for themselves idiots. You say this a lot, do you think you are superior to everyone else?

I don't see how they'd come to that conclusion via thinking for themselves.

You called me a c***. Do you think you're superior?

Absolute nonsense, I was at both the Leeds & London gigs and met up with loads of the hardcore Moz fans (before & after gigs) plus I'm not one for hanging on the barrier, I prefer to be out of the 'pit' area and everyone I came into contact with from people I know to strangers within the gig to waiting in queue at the merchandise were very decent respectful folks. You're trying to spread lies about his fans that simply aren't true, you weren't there and you've decided to make up stuff because you're a snowflake❄

Yeah. Everyone was decent at Wembley.

I don't see how they'd come to that conclusion via thinking for themselves.

You called me a c***. Do you think you're superior?

No but I still think you're a c*** who likes to dismiss people who don't share your views.

Last edited:
Bumping this to share a few thoughts on "Dog"; I saw all the reaction here before I listened to the album properly, so maybe my expectations were a bit high/skewed - I gave it a bit of time and quite a few listens to make my mind up. On the whole, 'hit and miss' - half dreck and half brilliant but very refreshing musically.

"What Kind of People Live in These Houses?" is basically a modern Smiths song and I can't believe I'm saying that about a song written by Jesse Tobias. I don't know if someone locked Jesse in a room and played him those gorgeous Johnny guitars on loop until he went insane but whatever happened, it was miraculous because this is beautiful and completed unexpected. I could listen to this all day.

"My Hurling Days are Done" is another one I absolutely love, less for the music than for that fantastic voice, the nostalgic theme and the atmosphere. I thought this version of Morrissey was long gone, I'm so glad he's back. Again, never thought Jesse would be capable of restraint like this either. "Time will send you an invoice... and you pay with your strength and your legs and your sight and your voice." Mozzer back on form, fabulous.

"Once I Saw The River Clean" - good but not great, frustrating. Like the nostalgic lyrics about childhood, I just don't think the music fits it well? It is very "Maudlin Street"-esque in theme as others have said and I'd love it to have more of a 'traditional' backing. I'd love to pair these lyrics with the music from "New Town Velocity"...sigh.

I felt similarly about "Jim Jim Falls" so maybe I'm just square or whatever, I don't dislike them but I always end up feeling that Morrissey's electronic 'experiments' are a waste of his voice.

The Truth About Ruth / The Secret of Music / Bobby / Love Is On Its Way Out - f***ing awful, sorry. Skip!

Last edited:
Bumping this to share a few thoughts on "Dog"; I saw all the reaction here before I listened to the album properly, so maybe my expectations were a bit high/skewed - I gave it a bit of time and quite a few listens to make my mind up. On the whole, 'hit and miss' - half dreck and half brilliant but very refreshing musically.

"What Kind of People Live in These Houses?" is basically a modern Smiths song and I can't believe I'm saying that about a song written by Jesse Tobias. I don't know if someone locked Jesse in a room and played him those gorgeous Johnny guitars on loop until he went insane but whatever happened, it was miraculous because this is beautiful and completed unexpected. I could listen to this all day.

"My Hurling Days are Done" is another one I absolutely love, less for the music than for that fantastic voice, the nostalgic theme and the atmosphere. I thought this version of Morrissey was long gone, I'm so glad he's back. Again, never thought Jesse would be capable of restraint like this either. "Time will send you an invoice... and you pay with your strength and your legs and your sight and your voice." Mozzer back on form, fabulous.

"Once I Saw The River Clean" - good but not great, frustrating. Like the nostalgic lyrics about childhood, I just don't think the music fits it well? It is very "Maudlin Street"-esque in theme as others have said and I'd love it to have more of a 'traditional' backing. I'd love to pair these lyrics with the music from "New Town Velocity"...sigh.

I felt similarly about "Jim Jim Falls" so maybe I'm just square or whatever, I don't dislike them but I always end up feeling that Morrissey's electronic 'experiments' are a waste of his voice.

The Truth About Truth / The Secret of Music / Bobby / Love Is On Its Way Out - f***ing awful, sorry. Skip!

You are
  • wrong

The Truth About Ruth / The Secret of Music / Bobby / Love Is On Its Way Out - f***ing awful, sorry. Skip!

Nice review, Amy. I felt the same about River Clean but the arrangement has really grown on me. Love the shouted out 'hey's!
What do you think of Knockabout World? I think it's an absolute beauty. Love the final section of the instrumental bit, and the last 'you're OK by me' chorus is flipping gorgeous. Again, astonishing that Jesse has written something so melodic and understated.

I absolutely love the music of "What Kind of People..." but can barely listen to it as the lyrics are like the absolute worst of Morrissey's verbal tic of crap alliteration / rhymes just for the sake of it. (See also: every bloody page of List of the Lost...)

I absolutely love the music of "What Kind of People..." but can barely listen to it as the lyrics are like the absolute worst of Morrissey's verbal tic of crap alliteration / rhymes just for the sake of it. (See also: every bloody page of List of the Lost...)
Seems a little harsh - it's just a playful, lighthearted song.

I know what you mean, it's definitely forced (dented gent/tent, ugh) but his vocal tone redeems it for me. I know a lot of fans squirm at Morrissey's self-referencing in general ("when I was still ill..." etc) and I could honestly live without wondering who is 'squatting in quarters/bending over' in various places, but I like the line "which rough trade strangers flail around these chambers" - maybe its the general tone of the song but it makes me think of the Smiths and the label more than trade/casual sex.

Nice review, Amy. I felt the same about River Clean but the arrangement has really grown on me. Love the shouted out 'hey's!
What do you think of Knockabout World? I think it's an absolute beauty. Love the final section of the instrumental bit, and the last 'you're OK by me' chorus is flipping gorgeous. Again, astonishing that Jesse has written something so melodic and understated.

I'm not very keen - it just feels aimless and robotic to me, it doesn't go anywhere. Given the topic, it could have worked as an angry song (cf. Something is Squeezing my Skull) but it just sort of...meanders and then ends. B-side material.

Ruth and The Secret of Music, fair enough. But hard to see why you think Bobby is awful?
Do you just not like that style of music? I guess you could call it bluesy rock. The genre isn't my cup of tea, generally, (never liked The Doors) but I think it's a cracking song. There's just so much going on. The lovely tinkling piano, the sax solo, the blistering guitar lines, the stop-start change of tempo, the harmonies. I even like the lyrics despite not really understanding them - druggy mumbo jumbo interspersed with the odd bit of clarity. The line 'But oh the pleasure you bring to us, oh, whenever you sing for us' is genius!

Wow.. that’s actually pretty bad it fell out the ENTIRE album chart In one week, his last album (that was a cover album) lasted at least an month, even Queen Of Pop Madonna out charted him with her new album..?

See what happens when your problematic & racist.

tenor.gif

Wow.. that’s actually pretty bad it fell out the ENTIRE album chart In one week, his last album (that was a cover album) lasted at least an month, even Queen Of Pop Madonna out charted him with her new album..?

tenor.gif
Or maybe no one was too interested in buying records when the world was in a pandemic and people had bigger concerns to worry on.

Or maybe no one was too interested in buying records when the world was in a pandemic and people had bigger concerns to worry on.

the excuses...? Moz’s last album was released, that also last year lasted an entire month as well, so sells dropped that drastically in one year’s time? Lol try again... Moz’s May had a descent opening week because of the fans but at the end of the day, old dog chart history is utterly embarrassing...

y’all need to stop using this pandemic as a defense.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

Madonna? You could at least pick a pop star who hasn't been running into race rows since she discovered Instagram.

madge.jpg

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom