IANADOAC - HD audio (96kHz/24-bit) available at HDtracks.co.uk; HDtracks.co.uk closing Mar. 31, 2020

JR writes:

1. Morrissey’s new album available in HD audio;
2. Not sure if this is likely to be the last as appears some changes at HDtracks.

HDtracks featured releases

full

Can someone explain these lyrics to an American?
what are her “twenty number-tens”

I walked with my grandmother
Down a windblown Chester Road
With her fifty-two new pence
For her twenty number-tens
And my forty-five pence too
Demand metal guru
Once with hearts securely stacked
Then we walked all the way back

People miss so much when you aren't from England. Even if it's explained the relationship with the song is different.
The is the same with 75% of Ms music.

Is anyone gonna post the HD track.

Would love to have it - already bought the record twice.

such truth. I’ve always wondered what being a 50’s something fan from England or even Manchester would be like as far as receiving his songs
Being 44 and from America - Moz was 16 years older and from a distant land. So listening to all these British views and references made us Americans become sleuths trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about. He also became seemed like an other worldly enigma to us

People miss so much when you aren't from England. Even if it's explained the relationship with the song is different.
The is the same with 75% of Ms music.

Is anyone gonna post the HD track.

Would love to have it - already bought the record twice.

Eric.... I can remember a fan from USA came to knife plunging Manchester to do “ the smiths/ moz tour” and find out all about the Englishness of the smiths... her main concern was to find out what Tizer was. She in fact was quite a famous comedian on UK TV for a while, a plumpish girl with glasses back in the 90s ..... FWD what was she called and the song, I know the words but can’t be f***ed to look

Has anyone posted this ‘huge ‘ review..

Yes.

I'm referring to the reviewer as 'The Racist Boyfriend' because he thinks Moz's mostly Mexican band are white & the Latin American sound is 'Old Albion' horns. And he didn't shut up about his girlfriend. Who I hope will dump him for writing that 'review'.

Eric.... I can remember a fan from USA came to knife plunging Manchester to do “ the smiths/ moz tour” and find out all about the Englishness of the smiths... her main concern was to find out what Tizer was. She in fact was quite a famous comedian on UK TV for a while, a plumpish girl with glasses back in the 90s ..... FWD what was she called and the song, I know the words but can’t be f***ed to look
Amy Lamé / King Leer.

Regards,
FWD.

such truth. I’ve always wondered what being a 50’s something fan from England or even Manchester would be like as far as receiving his songs
Being 44 and from America - Moz was 16 years older and from a distant land. So listening to all these British views and references made us Americans become sleuths trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about. He also became seemed like an other worldly enigma to us

You don't have to be in your 50s or 60s to "get it"
Life was pretty much still like that for the teenagera of the 80s
They just demanded Panic rather than metal guru.
Amy is one of those cheesy over weight right on morrissey fans. He, I hope,, has off loaded them

Anyone get the HD lp?

Player's No. 10 were a well-known brand of cigarette. I remember them from the 1970s although I tended to buy No. 6s which were cheaper.

PLayers No 10s.jpg

Damn I'm an idiot. I was hearing "her fifty-two new pens" and wondering why his grandmother had a penchant for carrying so many pens around. Makes a lot more sense now!

I'm embarrassed to say, you're not alone. Thought it was a little bit of a quicky lyric. Made a lot more sense after the penny dropped (excuse the pun).

I walked with my grandmother
Down a windblown Chester Road
With her fifty-two new pence
For her twenty number-tens
And my forty-five pence too
Demand metal guru
Once with hearts securely stacked
Then we walked all the way back

Wonderin' if a 45 used to cost 45 pence back in them days.
Maybe Moz just meant 45 pence as the money he had (different amount) to buy Metal Guru.

Wonderin' if a 45 used to cost 45 pence back in them days.
Maybe Moz just meant 45 pence as the money he had (different amount) to buy Metal Guru.

Well decimalisation came in c.1970/71...where we moved from £/s/d to 'p' (new pence) currency, and having just checked, a 7" single would have cost 50p in 71/72, and then hit their lowest rate of 48p in 1973. Moz would have been 14 I think. So I think Moz has maybe used lyrical-licence to drop it to 45p because maybe he felt it fitted better...OR, there was a 3p discounted price at the shop he bought Metal Guru from ;).
It doesn't really matter but hope this sort of clarifies things?

prices.JPG

Hey FWD.
Were I Thought You Were Dead and Brow Of My Beloved,
recorded durin' the same sessions as I Am Not A Dog On A Chain?
Brow Of My Beloved was recorded at Sunset during the California Son sessions (2018). I Thought You Were Dead was recorded during the LIHS/Italy sessions (2017).
Both confirmed via vinyl information.
Regards,
FWD.

Reckon the entire album I Am Not A Dog On A Chain are outtakes recorded at Sunset Sound. Pete's idea was to add the "recording studio in France" because 2020 was suppose to be the get foreigner money year and the foreigners get angry and jealous when there is mention of the California Son's real hometown and place of birth LA mate c*** tit twat inn n nnn n nn n nnn n it.

Well decimalisation came in c.1970/71...where we moved from £/s/d to 'p' (new pence) currency, and having just checked, a 7" single would have cost 50p in 71/72, and then hit their lowest rate of 48p in 1973. Moz would have been 14 I think. So I think Moz has maybe used lyrical-licence to drop it to 45p because maybe he felt it fitted better...OR, there was a 3p discounted price at the shop he bought Metal Guru from ;).
It doesn't really matter but hope this sort of clarifies things?

View attachment 55344

Yep just as I figured.
Moz was rememberin' a memorable memory poetically.
Thanks fella!

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom