Poll IANADOAC is his best album since...?

IANADOAC Is Morrissey's Best Album Since?

• California Son

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Low In High School

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • WPINOYB

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Years Of Rufusal

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • You Are The Quarry

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Maladjusted

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Southpaw Grammar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vauxhall And I

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Your Arsenal

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Kill Uncle

• Bona Drag

• Viva Hate

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • His days in The Smiths

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
I think the point is, that the best songs should have been on the main album, not relegated to extra tracks that a lot of casual buyers would never even have heard in the first place. Personally I would have cut 'World Peace', 'Istanbul', 'The Bullfighter Dies', 'Kiss Me a Lot' and 'Kick the Bride' and replaced them with all the bonus tracks except 'One of Our Own' (the excessive rhyming lyrics are just too annoying for me).

There is a decent album somewhere in there, but the main 12 track release as it stands is one of his weakest offerings, for sure.
If you did that, you'd have to rename the album Neal Cassidy Drops Dead.

Listening to The Secret Of Music, I think it's Morrisseys admission that he hasn't yet found the secret to appreciating classical music.
Morrissey regularly plays classical music at shows, as part of the pre-show intro tapes. At Wembley there was about 30 minutes of classical music before he started playing conventional pop/rock songs. I'm not sure why he would choose to play music he doesn't like.

The classical music they played at Wembley (and Cologne as well) was this btw.
51cnGZn5VUL._SS500.jpg

Er, no. Saying it's his best since CS means it's not better than CS. It still could be his worst.

Point taken. I think I was overly concerned that my disgust was not being properly registered by my vote. But in hindsight I realize that's not the point of the poll.

2 people are either trolling or they believe the new album is his very best. Maybe it is. Time will tell.

That's how I understood it. Quarry beats it, Dog in 2nd, very closely followed by Ringleader (for me).
High School, World Peace and Years are all quite different yet near in terms of album power. I'd have to go back and listen to them repeatedly to rank them. Dog is all fresh and new, but I have a hunch the best tracks will stand the test of time well.

Er, no. Saying it's his best since CS means it's not better than CS. It still could be his worst. I chose Quarry which means it's not better than Quarry but is better than

California Son
Low In High School
WPINOYB
Years Of Rufusal
Ringleader Of The Tormentors

I can't stop playing it. It's his best since Your Arsenal.

That's what I voted too...
Though it does not mean that I dislike the albums between Your Arsenal and the last one... and probably my love for Your Arsenal is strange (i.e, the first time I saw Morrissey live, he was presenting Your Arsenal in London).

The last album is... WOW!!!! (I think I already gave my WOW review, but it's so nice).

Back
Top Bottom